Kinnear Absolutely Delighted – Harry Desperately Disappointed

Joe Kinnear, as we may have expected, was absolutely delighted with getting all 3 points against Spurs at St. James’ Park this afternoon.

damien-duff-dcore-spurs1

Damien Duff slots home the winner on 90 minutes

Joe Kinnear told Sky Sports after the game:

“I’m delighted because we’ve suffered the opposite in the last two home games.”

“We were two up against Stoke and they scored in the 90th minute – that was a kick in the teeth that day.”

“Wigan as well, they scored in the 90th minute and they got a draw. I felt those two games we let slip so it’s nice for one to go our way.”

“We just feel the confidence is sky high.”

“We had a terrific result last week and we felt reasonably confident we could win today – and thankfully we did.”

On the other hand Tottenham Harry Redknapp saw his team play very well away from home today, and get nothing out of the game, and he was rightly disappointed at the result.

Harry told Sky Sports after the game:

“I’m desperately disappointed, how we got beat today I’ll never know,”

“I could only see one winner and as we were pushing forward going for the winner we got caught on the break.”

“We had chances to go 2-1 up and I’m sure we’d have won the game then. We’ll never get a better chance to come to Newcastle and win, that’s for sure.”

“I couldn’t have asked them to play any better than they did today.” “We were pushing for a winner up until injury time. We were always looking for the win.”

“Sometimes when you’re away from home like that in injury time, you’ve got to make sure you try to get the point and maybe that’s what we should have done today.”

5,000 Newcastle fans will be at the JJB Stadium, Wigan on Boxing day, and if we can get 3 points from that game, which has to be a decnt possibility, then Newcastle fans will be even more ecstatic.

Just think, we may even have a reasonable season this season, after all the nonsense we’ve had to go through since last September.

Howay The Lads!!

• kevin Nichol

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:07 PM

I detest spurs….i detest redknapp! His comments are just plain ridiculous! Owen had the other big chance of the second half and spurs never looked like scoring!

Im so gald we did them and it was even sweeter getting the winner in the last min!

• Ben_BKK

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:09 PM

What is Harry on, the way he’s going on you’d have thought we weren’t in it at all. I don’t remember Spurs having any real chances apart from their goal, he’s obviously just bitter that the team he turned down beat his current employers 😉

• luciano - brasil

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM

o gomes e um bom goleiro, mas contra nos ñ da pra ele não! ! !

feliz natal a todos .

• Spyro

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM

When Modric scored i thought it wasn’t to be our day and that Spurs would have the last laugh e.g. “he signed for us and scored past you hahaha”…

…But how sweet was it to see Duff, who signed for us and turned down Spurs, score the winner?! 😀 Magic.

• Christoon

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:19 PM

if the spuds goal was ruled off side they would have slowly dropped their heads and we would of gone on to win it 3-0 🙂 thats my hionest opinion, the goal gave them the belief, what harry fails to mention is that owen had the clearest chance to win the game (apart from duff obvious). I love how harry says staying at portsmouth was the best thing for him, really it was the best place for his wife, then the chance of london pops up and the pound signs flash in her eyes…. “harry my dear i no its the spuds, but think of the furniture, harrods for breakfast”

but on a serious note, if we do beat wigan that will really mean somthing. Minus the top four i honestly believe we are good enough to beat n e one. We proved villa could fall, we no everton ride their luck, fulham are up there but i don’t no bout u lot but i dont fear them, hull good side but beatable, west brom already beaten,man city, bit of a joke atm, etc etc i could go on but i wan’t. But yeh this is my opinion, no offense taken if u dissagree

• beyethegreat

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:26 PM

luciano

? lol

can any 1 speak portuguesse

• Ben_BKK

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Tom_toon is half Portuguese, maybe he can 😛

• Leo

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:31 PM

notice how redknapp didnt mention that their goal should not have stood due to the fact that that cocl< was offside he was affecting the play because he ran for it and then stopped

• beyethegreat

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM

tom toon if you are there can you translate lucianos comments plz

• beyethegreat

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:34 PM

gomes=gomes

bom=good

the rest are guesses

goleiro=goal

contra=change

todos=today

• kevin Nichol

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:35 PM

get in…get in…get in…..Did i mention that i absolutelt detest spurs?????

Cmon……..

• King-Habib

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but I remember TomToon saying he couldn’t speak Portuguese on 606.

Oh well.

• London Toon

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:39 PM

google translator says:

the Gomes and a good goalkeeper, but against us ñ’s not him! ! !

Happy Christmas to all.
    _______________________

Anyone see n’zogbias celebration? reminded me of dragonball z xD

• Bill F (Original)

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Harry trying to talk up a bad defeat, Modric looked ordinary apart from goal which I missed, Lennon got a few good crosses that the defence easily dealt with but in the main was ran (literally) out of it by Enrique. Bassong is starting to look awesome. Didn’t see anything of Shola as I was out at time but given that he has had some good games lately he might be forgiven a bad game?
    I’m just pleased that it’s not Joe having to talk up dropped points for once.

Ardua Per Astra

• ronaldeano

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:50 PM

We won because we are a bigger and better side than spurs.

Plain and simple

• Spyro

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:00 PM

To be fair, Modric was immense in the first half, but poor in the second. Lennon was handled for 75% of the game. Those two were the key threats and we did well against them for a fair amount of the game.

• Ben_BKK

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:01 PM

well said ronaldeano 😉

• doaa Getta job doaa getta job! YEAH!

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:02 PM

SO GLAD WE WON! DIRTY FCUKIN SPUR and HARRY what a first class cock !!!! NEWCASTLE ARE JUST A BIGGER AND BETTER CLUB! JENAS MUST BE THINKING THAT SUPPOSED GOLDFISH BOWL LOOKS QUITE GOOD KNOW!!! TWAT!

• Alex

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Wonder how long it will take that wa#@%r AO to get real and accept that we are just too good for the Spuds to handle .

• Toon Graeme

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:11 PM

AO – well beat you again!

I saw Harry and thought just shut up you ar$e!

The draw was looking more and more likely until that lovely piece of back heel excellence by the dukes.

Took it to the wire but we got 3 points and we are 12th.

WE MUST KEEP WINNING as its still soooo close.

Next managers to go – Hughes and Southgate

• Alex

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:24 PM

OR Arry haha 🙂

• Toon Graeme

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Just remembered I won £15 on this match. Thank you duff me little irish charm. I could kiss ya! Well thats a bit too much I think.

• steve

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:52 PM

always a good game when we play spurs – was def looking like a 1-1 draw until that magic moment.
    Absolutely fan-f*ckin-tastic and I won a tenner of my spurs mate
    no doubt ao will be on here tomorrow (he’s prob still in pub getting lashed)
    in my opinion the “big” clubs are the top four arse, chelski, manure and arse – reckon we’re in the bunch below toon, villa, spurs and maybe everton then theres the rest of the prem teams just making up numbers

• A.L 9

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:01 PM

I’m sorry but how on earth can harry keep a straight face saying that?

2nd half all Spurs did was sit back untill Nikky Butt attempted a daft wonderball over the top to give away possession and then Huddlestone punted it up the field to there strikers. They obviosly had there moments in the match but Newcastle dominated play withought creating much, which has bee a huge problem of ours of late.

Anyone else shocked to see how fookin fast Enrique was today? Seriosly it’s like he’s been holding back all this time.

• Iffy

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:18 PM

WOOO!!

• toonbully

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:23 PM

I must eat my words man , I thought we would struggle against a rampant spurs how wrong was I . It makes me think there are a lot of mediocre sides in the premier and it just takes a run of four games to rise above them !
    COME ON THE TOOOOOOON , keep it up JK..

• Ausgeordie

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM

So glad we won and got the three points but I tell you I thought it was going to go the other way. Our attacks lasted 30 secs as we charged up field and gave the ball away. We only had two or three shots on goals all day and spurs dominated. We took our chances though and apart from Modric’s goal never bave them a sniff close to goal.

How bout our hoo doo. All of their ex newcastle players are injured so who scores – the guy bwe treid to sign last season and has not managed a goal all season.

And how bout Jose!!

• seetow

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:36 AM

jokeinnear you want to replace our left back wonder jose enrique?

NO WAY JOSE

• LATINAMERICATOON

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:37 AM

eu falo portugues! I speak portuguese, luciano said… gomes is a good keeper but against us he isnt, happy christmas to everyone

• Whumpie

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM

That’s ‘Arry for you – never particularly keen on truth or objectivity, but which manager is?

Come on.. it’s Christmas. Must be something nice we can say about Redknapp.

Um…

Er…

GOT IT!!

His daughter-in-law is utterly shagtastic.

There you go. There’s a bit of festive spirit in all of us if you dig deep.