Joe Kinnear has taken a side completely devoid of confidence and in the dumps after 5 successive defeats, when he took over at the end of September, and transformed them into a very good side indeed, with team work and spirit now in abundance, and he’s done all that in a short 12 weeks.
Joe Kinnear – here – take the ball – quickly – let’s score another one
Here are some of our observations on yesterday’s game:
- First of all credit to both sides for producing a great game to watch – it take two to tango, and Spurs came with a plan to win the game
- Consistency and Resilience are the things Joe is drumming into the players every week, and it just may be starting to pay off, with the defense again very strong. The goal was a strange one to concede, with Modric looking a mile offside. The wingers and central midfielders are all part of the defense, and we are hard to break down these days, because we are so well organized – everywhere
- The players play together very much as a team, and play for each other. And the football is very nice to watch, but they don’t overdo it either. Most of all yesterday’s display was another excellent team performance, much like last week at Portsmouth
- The team spirit in the side is just fantastic, and as we said above the lads really help each other out. And when the side is so well organized, and we also have some quality players in the side, that starts to make for a good team, and we are starting to see the results now
- What seems obvious is that Joe Kinnear has learned his trade in football management, and even when he was in the football wilderness during the last four years, he seems to have still studied the game, and by his own admission the only TV he watches is football.
In fact football is Joe’s life, he lives and breathes it, so he’s in a very good place in Newcastle Upon Tyne – no wonder he loves it at the toon! Like meets like.
If fans see him this week in the city, Joe should expect to get quite a few good pats on the back, and even kissed by the ladies.
That’s the least this man deserves, for the job he’s done so far at our great club.