Kinnear Rightly Proud Of His Record At Newcastle

If Newcastle fans go over the top this week, and act a little daft, there are at least three good reasons for that.

joe-kinnear-_1119477c1

Joe Kinnear – yes – another 3 points
Here are three of the reasons:

• Newcastle played some terrific football yesterday, as did Spurs, for a memorable game that saw both teams attacking each other to try to take maximum points – great stuff to watch
  • The lads are doing well, and now it looks like whatever crisis we had over the last 3 months may be coming to an end – can’t wait for even more stability after what’s happened these last four months – which has been very painful to go through as fans
  • It’s Xmas

Anybody who managed to record the game yesterday, sit down when you have some  time, and watch this game again, and we’ll almost guarantee you’ll feel a lot better after the 90 minutes.

It was a classic game to watch – played at a high tempo throughout, and credit to Spurs because they came to win this game, even though they had lots of injuries.

Joe Kinnear must be on a real high this morning, and he has been interviewed and has rightly said he is proud so far, about what he has achieved on Tyneside.

Joe said:

“Are things going better than I expected when I took over? Well I’ve certainly been here longer. I thought I’d have only been here for six weeks, now it’s until the end of the season and I’m delighted about that because I’m really enjoying this job.”

“It wouldn’t have happened for me if the financial world was not in the state it’s in. Things have gone for me in that respect, I realize that.”

“I’d like to think we are heading in the right direction. I’m very proud of my record, at least I’m getting on with the job. “Hopefully I will continue in the same vein.”

“Above all I have a good relationship with the players and I’m getting the best out of them. That’s the only thing that keeps you in a job as a manager.”

“I just feel confidence is sky high at the moment and we felt we had a good chance of beating Tottenham after the win at Portsmouth. We believe in ourselves, we’re up for the fight and we always give it a go. We are getting our reward for that.”

“We were the better side until they scored – and the less I say about that the better in terms of their player being offside – but then we had to stick in there, like we did at Chelsea, and that’s the good thing about us.”

Newcastle have always under-performed as a team over the last 12 years or so, and we always thought that a manager, who can get the very best out of the players, and can inspire them would be a very good Newcastle manager. That’s because we’ve always had quality players in the side.

That’s one reason we thought Big Sam would do well at Newcastle, but for whatever reason, he didn’t.

But Joe has got the best out of almost every single player in the squad, so much so that he has to leave some top players on the bench, even now, and that’s before we have strengthened next month.

Joe has also put tremendous organization and belief into the current crop of players, and he has let anybody who will listen, know what a tremendous club Newcastle United is, with the best fans anywhere.

He has put the pride back into Newcastle, and whatever happens to Joe in the future – that will always be a tremendous achievement for the Irishman – who was ridiculed when he was given the job.

Joe has every right in the world to feel proud with that he’s done on Tyneside.

Great Job Joe – so far – and thanks.

• TOONINFRANCE

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM

you said it king joe
    we fought till the end

• Irish-Toon

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:20 AM

I hope people start to give Joe the credit he deserves. He came in when no one else would look at us, and so far he’s done a pretty good job. His tactical awareness may not be the bes but he seems to be getting the best out of most of the players. Keep it up Joe!!

• AshSays

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:29 AM

One very simple thing that I like in this fella is that he plays our players in the correct position specially Enrique and N’Zogbia. He’s also building the team from defense which has been very stable altough very lucky at times.

• Toon Graeme

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Whatever he is doing it is working. Just read on NUFC website how Dukes and Duff have ‘clicked’ in training- a potential partnership? ANyway it worked in the 90th min yesterday.

Looks like Shola out over Xmas so the Dukes and MO upfront with Xisco in reserve – unless Oba is fit.

• Prandom

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Organisation & Postive Motivation is key.
    He has brought that to our side.

• Irish-Toon

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM

When’s Oba due back

• Andreas Martins

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Would rather see young Carrol upfront with Owen than Xisco. Give the lad a chance too prove his worth. Also Shola played terrible yesterday. But I was pleased to see Vidukas linkup for the goal. He and Owen for the next game if Martins is out.

• Spyro

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Oba is due back in a week or so

• bowburnmag

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:15 AM

“Newcastle have always under-performed as a team over the last 12 years or so” – so finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th place 7, 6 and 5 years ago respectively is under-performing? I seem to remember I enjoyed it and it’s hardly to be sniffed at unless we really are the delusional bunch people make us out to be. I also have the utmost respect for Sir Bob in allowing that to happen. He “got the very best out of the players”, did he not? Things are looking up but let’s not get carried away and start comparing KK and JK’s eras when they’re fairly incomparable and missing out a pretty important era in the process? Sorry if that wasn’t the intention but it doesn’t read very well. Let’s look forward but if we’re looking back as well, keep it in perspective.

• Bill F (Original)

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Well one thing for sure, Joe has the luck going for him as well as being pretty shrewd. The worst that can happen for him now (imo) is that he will get another management job if for some reason he finds himself superfluos (?) with us. As long as MA is there and results remain positive then he is going to stay. At this moment in time I reckon that will be a good thing, at least till the next crisis.

• Whumpie

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:20 AM

I love being proved wrong in good ways. I’m thoroughly enjoying this slow but steady recovery, and now we’re really gathering pace every match is incredibly exciting.

Let’s not count our chickens here – but you do have to take your hat off to JFK.

• The Entertainers

Wigan (h) 1 point expected to get 3 point
    Chelsea (a) 1 point expected to get 0 point
    Boro (a) 1 point expected to get 0 point
    Stoke (h) 1 point expecetd to get 3 point
    Pompey (a) 3 points expected to get 0 point
    Spurs (h) 3 points expected to get 1 point

We have achieved 18 points with Kinnear in charge.

I would have hoped for 12 points.

Now i know some of my prediction we’re quite pessimistic, but unfortunately thats how i was feeling at the time.

For me Joe has done better than i thought he would!

Happy days.

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

i’ve gotta be honest and say i love his honesty. I like how he basically says
    “look, i know i’m the last person they wanted, and i probably shouldnt have got it, but im going to take my chance”. It takes balls and i doubt you’d find many other managers being that frank about the situation.
    he’s giving 110%, he’s got the players giving 110%, they look like they’re working with a unit, SJP is loving it, and i really have to say fair play to him. Well done Joe, keep up the good work.

• bruTOOOON

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:30 PM

remember all the draws of kinnear records SHOULD be an easy three pointerss….

Spurs match seem like another draw but thanks to duffy