Charles N’Zogbia Seems A Lot Happier At Newcastle

We don’t want any surprises in the transfer window, and it’s worrying that Aston Villa seem to have their eye on our Man of the Match on Sunday, Charles N’Zogbia.

charles-nzogbia-132.gif

Charles N’Zogbia – seems much happier on Tyneside right now

His fellow countryman and 22 year Sebastien Bassong, who has been a revelation for Newcastle this season, to say the least, thinks Charles wants to stay at Newcastle:

“Charles is happy at Newcastle,” “The business of the transfer is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you that he is happy. What is in the future I don’t know. He is a very good player and Newcastle know that.”“When I first arrived Charles helped me settle and he is one of my good friends here. He has been here for four years. He knows the city, the club and he helps me.”

“He takes me to the cinema, different places. He tells me what is good and what isn’t. He has advised me and it’s the same for Habib Beye. I played with Charles for the Under-21s.”

N’Zogbia has a contract at Newcastle until 2012, but that didn’t stop James Milner leaving for Aston Villa in August. Charles has begun to give some good interviews this season, and seems a lot happier than he used to be, and also seems very positive about most things.

Maybe it’s Sebastien Bassong, who is the same age as Charles, and is quite a relaxed individual, and it appears that experienced Habib Beye, born in Paris, has taken the youngster under his wing too, and it’s all having a positive impact on the youngster.

In our poll for MOM for Sunday’s game, 54% think Charles was Newcastle’s best player against Spurs, and Bassong is second with 15%, and Enrique is 3rd on 8% – all are 22 years old – who said our youth policy isn’t working?

If you haven’t yet voted, the poll is still open.

Comments are very welcome.

• cause I got the girth

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Come on Ed, you say it yourself in other threads about the load of tash tabloids talk, who says Aston Villa are interested??? But to be honest, who wouldnt be, a pacey, two footed left winger who loves to beat a man to the touch line and has an eye for goal!! No question in my opinion that the position is his to loose! Great player!
    Secondly, i love our transfer policy on youth and long may it continue! I for one am excited about the future!

• steve

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Can’t see Zogs going to Villa – he’s already stated that he’d like to live in London and word in football circles is that Spurs are getting ready to bid.

I hope Zogs stays as he has a lot of talent and could be a great player for the toon – however if we have to lose anyone then I’d prefer him top go over Jonas, Bassong etc as we at least have immediate cover in Duff

• Ausgeordie

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM

im happy to see him stay on the left and do a three man midfield with duff playing slightly ahead of the link up owen and duka

• Irish John

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:21 AM

zog is a nob..as if villa and psg are bigger clubs…f****k him off

• Ausgeordie

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM

We should start with the same team as last week except with dukes up front for ameobi. I think the big fella is what we need against wigan. Duff has earnt the right to get another run on though I hope it is not at Zogbias expense. Like Martins he should not be taken off constantly and it was good to see a back come on for duff. Good subbing Joe and I think when he made it we all thought it was a good move. Thankfully it paid off.

• Irish John

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Ausgeordie you probably hav’nt read zogs comments..I never want to see him in the black and white again. Hes been wanting to get away now for nearly a year..Im sick off the winging moaning frog…Duff over him every time…At least he nets.

• wsq

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:28 AM

too premature to be saying that

• Irish John

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:31 AM

wsq hes made he’s feeling known..Its not the first time either..The guy could’nt commit to making a sh**t …

• Toon Graeme

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Can someone copy and paste as I cant get the link to work at work – hey that poetic. Some reason work block Setanta.

• Nobby's Dad

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:35 AM

I accept the voting for Sundays game is all about opinion…..BUT I worry about the footballing knowledge of those who voted Enrique into 3rd spot!! Lennon ran him ragged…those who voted surely weren’t at the game?

• Irish John

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Charles N’Zogbia has dropped a bombshell on Newcastle United’s dressing room by stating he wants to move on during the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old thinks the time has come for him to embark on a new challenge, with Paris Saint Germain and Aston Villa rumoured to be highly interested in securing the Frenchman’s services.

N’Zogbia aims higher and claims that The Magpies cannot match his ambitions; as a consequence he has publically declared his intention to change clubs.

N’Zogbia told L’Equipe: “After four years at Newcastle I from now on wish to reach the next level in terms of ambition.

“I don’t think it’s possible here. I gave everything to this club and will carry on as long as I’m there, but I’d like to pass a stage by joining a bigger side.”

But his team-mate and compatriot Sebastien Bassong thinks N’Zogbia is happy at St James’ Park and committed to the cause.

Bassong told The Sun: “Charles is happy at Newcastle. The business is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you he is happy.

“He is a very good player and Newcastle know that.”

• Woooooo

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Why is it always Villa?

🙁

• Drago

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:45 AM

he is really stupid if he thinks that A.Young will sit on the bench 😀 another 12m and im happy if hes out to villa too tbh

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:47 AM

& what did lennon produce v Enrique…Nowt!..
    …He did well v one of the quickest guys in the league… 2-1…grow a perspective!..

…Opinions, opinions!..

• Irish John

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM

ant see how he’ll get in that side..Apart from Milners position who i still think has been mediocre at best for them…..12 mill def wqould take that but the problem is what will happen with that 12mill..will it be additional funds to what already has been promised or will it be the transfer budget…I hate the people running our club ie. Ashley and he’s goons..

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:50 AM

villa flatter to decieve!..
    …As we showed them!..

• Woooooo

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM

I have always rated Enrique but sometimes he loses concentration and just randomly hoofs the ball instead pickin a pass

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:53 AM

They only just got past wetspam with a dodgey deflected goal & did nowt in the game!..

• Woooooo

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Is anyone else starting to feel that we DIDNT actually need Milner and we got some good money for him.

He has a great scoring record for Villa!

Games: Alot Goals: 0

• Ausgeordie

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:02 AM

If he were to go we have Duff there. Or we can move Jonas to the left which is apparently his prefered position and use Duff, Geremi and LuaLua depending on the need for speed and youth or experience. Plus you have to say with his form and his contract we’ll get 12 mill for him at least.

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Woooooo,
    couldn’t care less that he left & we ripped them off into the bargain…If he gets an en gland place, omg capello what are you thinkin’…He’s all bluster, with the odd product!..

…Ta for the £12m!..

• Toon Graeme

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Im sure this was circulating a few months ago too.

If Villa want to pay stupid money and he wants to go then fine.

Milner lost a regular first place and we pocketed some cash!

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Toon Graeme,
    you’re probably right mate…Yet more regurgitated crap chip wrappers…
    …Not a pretty picture is it?..
    😀

• Darryl

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Stupid popups coming again, Avast just popped up with a nice worm virus. Nice advertisements ED.

• JonnyNUFC

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:39 AM

He wants out & we’ll lose another decent player.

I fail to see how some of you think losing Milner was a good thing.

He is now in the first team of the side 3rd in the prem and high up in the assists table. Yet you think he wasnt good enough for us??

Wake up

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Totally Darryl!..
    …Borin’ isn’t it?..

…Avast caught the same one for me…

…Ed, please get shot of yeildmanager et al, they just slow it all down & infect us…Dicks!..

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:45 AM

We didn’t lose milner, we sold him, for more than he’s worth!..

• Terry

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Darryl, I’m getting it as well. I’m using Google Chrome and it gave me two warnings that this was a phishing website and that I shouldn’t go here, then I got redirected as soon as I ignored the warnings.

• neozero

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:52 AM

paper talks

• Spyro

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:58 AM

GUYS DO NOT FALL FOR THE ‘N’ZOGBIA NEWS TODAY, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THIS COMES OUT THE NEXT MORNING AFTER OWEN RELEASED THAT STATEMENT? THE PRESS ARE TRYING TO UNSETTLE THE TEAM BY BRINGING UP COMMENTS MADE BY CHARLES IN THE PAST. THEY HAVE TRIED TO MAKE IT LOOK RECENT BY ADDING VILLA AND PSG TO THE EQUATION, BUT THE QUOTES ARE THE SAME ONES FROM AGES AGO. DO NOT FALL FOR IT, BASSONG CAME OUT JUST TODAY AND SAID ZOGGY IS HAPPY!

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Exactly Spyro!..

…They will stop at nothin’ & stoop as low as possible!..

• JonnyNUFC

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Punk – and we did what with that money ??

Got in Gonzalez ???

Oh what brilliant work

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Nacho’s on loan mate!..
    …milner hasn’t set villa alight, has he?..
    …He looks like the same old milner to me so far, still no improvement…Wonder how long before villa fans are wonderin’ why they paid so much for him?..

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:17 PM

& i couldn’t tell ya’ if Nacho is any good, ain’t seen him play!..

• Spyro

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Punk

CHeck their blogs mate, a lot of them are already unhappy with how much they paid in contrast to what he has delivered.

• JonnyNUFC

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Hes got 5 assists for em, more than anyone in our side.

Milners a good player when he plays further fowards, no use us getting good money for these players unless Ashley spends it on better players. Based on our current league position its hard to say we’ve improved since he’s been here.

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Aye,
    well that doesn’t surprize me one iota…
    …He plays the odd blinder, but it’s very infrequent, ain’t it?..
    …Hey, he’s still young, but he better start gettin’ noticably better/more consistant soon, or he’ll get hounded out…That’s what football fans are best at!..
    …That’s why mo’n is tryin’ to introduce him slowly!..

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:26 PM

jonny,
    i reckon milner is best in the hole & free to roam & set stuff up…

…Well we’ll see if we’re any better than last season at the end, won’t we…It’s just so dull we had the 1st 6/10 games screwed up with crap…We never get a full season at it, do we?..

• Spyro

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Jonny

Milner has more assists than Jonas so far this season, but it is plain to see who is actually the better player. Milner is overrated and i am glad we are rid of him. 12million was an absolute robbery on our part.