Joe Kinnear Talks About The Fantastic Geordie Nation

Jope Kinnear has given a long interview this morning with nufcTV, where he covered a wide range of subjects including if and when the club will be sold, and he also talked about the fantastic Geordie Nation.

joe-kinnear-new

Joe Kinnear – I have nothing to lose

Here are some of the things Joe said this morning to nufcTV, that we have translated.

It is a good interview, and in Joe’s rather relaxed and subdued style, he seems to just love talking about everything and anything to do with football, and seems to think deeply about the game and his players.

“When I took the job it was almost sold and that was how it was put to me” “But I’m quite pleased it hasn’t been sold because it has extended my contract.” “I’ve got nothing to lose.”

“The initial criticism of me seems to have gone, and people have seen what I can do now and I can do a decent job, and that’s exactly what I want to do – a good job for Newcastle United Football Club.”

“I don’t lose any sleep over if it is going to be sold or not, but it is going to be sold, and when it is we’ll take it from there.” “I’ll make sure I do my job until then and make sure the players do theirs and I’ll make sure we get results.”

“Geordie people are a fantastic, I would call them a nation of people, and they are happy if they see good hard work from their team.”

“They are very respectful and have a good sense of humor and I know where they are coming from.” “But we want to start winning week in and week out.” The away support has been sensational – you would have thought we were the home side at Portsmouth.”

“There are no better fans to do it for, and they are part of the reason we’ve been successful.” “We did well against Tottenham, and I was pleased the fans went away on Sunday with smiles on their faces because Tottenham are a decent side.”

“We want to continue in the same vein that we left off against Tottenham.”

Good words from Joe, and he seems to be down to earth and will not let the players get carried away with any success they have.

But Joe has also said the players have to do it all over again at Wigan on Boxing Day, and Wigan are a hard team to beat.

Whatever happens to Joe after he leaves Newcastle, he’s been great for the club during an extremely difficult time in our history, and he’s got most of the lads playing out of their skins for the team.

You cannot ask much more of a manager than that.

Howay The Lads!!

• Dennis Wize

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:14 PM

1st

• neeraj

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:15 PM

the good old jfk…..

never shy to praise his work….

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:24 PM

i like jfk though lets not get carried away

• BT9MAG

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Fair play to him I say – let’s face it, no-one was over the moon when he arrived and he has proven a lot of doubters wrong…Granted we’re not world beaters, but with 2 losses in 9 games and 6 games unbeaten we’re at least steadying the ship and picking up points!

Draws are disappointing especially when it’s against poor sides, but a draw with Chelsea etc. evens things up and if we pull off a draw against Liverpool I will be even more impressed! Although the emergence of Bassong has surely helped – some credit must go to Kinnear and Hughton for what can only be seen as the best defence we’ve had since the entertainers days!

One final point – Joe’s got it spot on…Our away support is imense, can’t claim to be among them but I’m more than happy to doff my hat to you all! People can say what they want about being a one club city – but that shouldn’t affect the away support and we’re the best in the country!

• Toon Graeme

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I watched this on NUFCtv last night and have to take my hats off to JFK for his work since he arrived.

Our supporters are the best in the land and always have been. No glory supporters here just the love of the club and all that comes with it.

I expect our boys to be loud and proud tomorrow.

My bro in law went to Portsmouth and said the atmosphere was electric. They spur the boys on no matter where they go. I think thats why so many hate us because we can drown out home fans + other reasons!!!!

Come on toon and here is to 2009 what ever she may bring!

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:42 PM

toon graeme

leeds are the best in the country

• rooks

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:44 PM

“Geordie people are a fantastic, I would call them a nation of people”

not a nation of oranges then…

• Ian

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:49 PM

I think Joe is the right man for the job with this board, you just know if Lambias or Wise have a bullshit idea or get funny with him that he isnt going to beat about the bush, and will probably answer ‘well you know what you can do with that f***** idea dont you?’ I cannot think of many managers who could handle our board but Joe is probably made for it.

He neednt go soppy on us though, just get on with it.

• I Made 1000

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:54 PM

bring ya black nd white scarfs for sir bobby on sunday please people…thank you

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:55 PM

toon graeme

arent we suppoessed to be every1 second team lol

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:56 PM

i made 1000

whats happenin with sir bobby

• I Made 1000

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:05 PM

its a bobby robson day for the liverpool game, everyone is ment to wear black and white stuff…bring ya scarfs flags etc…..and give money to the bobby robson foundation to help his charity…buckets will be around the staduim

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:11 PM

i amde 1000

i didnt know that

• Whumpie

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM

I’ll be in black and white 350 miles away, and stick some more dosh into the Foundation. Never met him, but he’s my 2nd dad…

Soppy, I know.

• Liz

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Anyone who wants to can make a donation via http://www.justgiving.com/TheSirBobbyRobsonFoundation

You’ll get a letter of thanks!