N’Zogbia Wanting To Leave Newcastle Is Old Strory

We saw all the reports yesterday about Charles N’Zogbia wanting to leave Newcastle United, but it looked to us like an old regurgitated story.

charles-nzogbia-132.gif

Charles N’Zogbia – old worn out story regurgitated? – we think so

We had watched Charles’ interview after Sunday’s game on nufcTV, and he was just thrilled with the Tottenham win, and was so upbeat, and was even seen to smile once or twice during the interview.

We think this story was around about a month or two ago, and since that time Charles has said he is happy at the club, because he just wants to play, and this story was around when he was on the subs bench.

The story was that he had told L’Equipe:

“After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don’t think that is possible here.”

“I have given my all to the club, and I will go on to do so as long as I play.”

“But I would like to reach a new level by finding a new challenge at a new side.”

There are reports today from France that suggest PSG could agree a swap deal for N’Zogbia, with 18-year-old star defender Mamadou Sakho heading in the opposite direction.

That would be a good deal for Newcastle but PSG are hardly a bigger club than Newcastle or as ambitious, so we’re not sure why Charles would want to go there, although he has said before it’s an ambition of his to play at the Paris club.

The only news that worries us is that Martin O’Neil of Aston Villa is said to be interested in Charles. And the very last thing we want to see happening next month or in the summer, is Zog ending up at Villa, like James Milner did before him.

Surely we have learned from our mistake in letting Milner go – now we need to find another right winger to push Jonas Gutierrez.

We have Damien Duff and Charles for the left wing position but Duff is injured so much that Charlie will get more than enough playing time on Tyneside, especially with the top form he displayed on Sunday.

• Partizan

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Ed…..Charles Villenueve(chairman) is chalenging for the title and Uefa Cup….they are the only team in France that could match Lyon’s spending power…..so i’d say that atm they are way more ambitious than us and slightly bigger.

• Toon Graeme

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Geordie Bells Geordie Bells Toon army all the way!
    Oh what fun it is to see the toon score
    when there at Wigan away
    HeyGeordie bells……..

Couldnt resist and it so boring at work today!

• The Entertainers

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:14 AM

I do love watching this lad play when hes on form.

I still believe he has untapped potential.

But if he wants to leave, then i’ll hold the door.

Just when we are getting settled, this is the last thing we need. Also i dont want any negative thoughts from him towards his mate Bassong.

Charles, if you want to stay, then knuckle down and become the player you can be. If not then clear off!

Cant put it any simpler!

• JonnyNUFC

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Lots of potential, hope its an old story.

Hes got the pace, the attacking mentality, the close control & sometimes the final ball.

He lacks the greatest shooting ability, or making through runs himself into shooting situations & sometimes that final cross.

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM

toon graeme

i cant believe your at work on christmas eve

and it goes like this

jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way

oh what fun it is to see newcastle win away hey

zog plz stay with any luck you could be fulfilling your potential

though i wouldnt mind sakho

• Toon Graeme

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Work is not the word I would use. Im doing an excellent job of looking busy when Im not!!!

Its a sham but only 4 hrs and 37 mins til Im oot the door!

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:27 AM

is it just me or was he a great signing

• beyethegreat

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM

toon graeme

lol

i feel sorry for ya mate

• ELFER

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:43 AM

If he wants to go ok for me. Imagine if we could get McGeady who ist also bothlegged like jonas! That would be decent and enough for our winger positions.

If Villa pays over the head again I’m fine with it 😉

• Tore Torell

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM

N’Sulkbia out and McGeady in.

Great deal for Toon, getting Sakho would be nice as well. He’s a future France Int.

• Tom

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Keep the Zog and put in a good bid for Sakho!

• Brettoon

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Yeah I remembered that story and thought it was weird to come out again particularly as things are not going TOO bad at the moment.

Keep the Zog! Central midfield is important!

• Nick

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:40 PM

How is getting 12M for Milner and paying 3m for Spiderman a bad deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lua ua can understudy Jonas.

• Doocey

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM

I thought so.
    I don’t want N’Zogbia leaving and believe me, you won’t want McGeady at Newcastle

I am an Irish man I watch him internationally every time they play and I watch some of the Celtic games too.

He is such a greedy player, he holds on to the ball way too long, won’t play a simple pass and try inappropriate skill in a stupid situation.

He never crosses the ball and for me he’s way too weak for Premier League standard.
    The Premier Legaue is fast flowing league and it wouldn’t suit McGeady, I can’t excatly see him brushing of Nyron Nosworthy on the flanks.

Saying this he quite a good player in his own right but for the price tag they would want for him it looks as if he’l be staying at Celtic

• Elliott

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:03 PM

I don’t mind him going (as much as I rate him) for a good price like we got for Milner as long as we reinvest the money.

There are plenty of potential replacements and we could even replace him with a RW as Jonas seems to prefer the left anyhow.

Bastos or Valencia would be my first choice, Kightly, Elia, McGeady, could all do the job.

• wigaz

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:13 PM

If he goes we could use the money to strengthen in other positions. We could buy Bullard £2m for CM & maybe even a striker for £6-7m. We would get at least £9m for Zog. If Owen is going to go then we should get a forward in now & bed him in to the team my vote is Ashton he is class yes he’s had a fair few injurys but so did Shearer & look at what he did for us! get Ashton for £7m & play him & Oba up top & Owen can sit on the bench if he no longer wants to wear the famous black & white. I’d quite like to see Barton be captain in the future anyway, yes he’s mental but so was Keane & Viera & those 2 were some of the best captains ever to wear the armband. I would prefer Owen to stay & try and work with him Ashton & Oba but I think he’s made his mind up already. Merry xmas to all hope we all get what we want 3 pnts vs wigan & 3pnts vs scouse! lol!!!

• Whumpie

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:54 PM

I agree that it looks like old tosh regurgitated by a Paris newspaper to stoke up some anti and sell papers.

Doocey’s right about Zog’s limitations, but they can be put right. All I want is to get through a season without some ‘Zog Wants Toon Exit’ headline…