Kinnear Determined To Keep Newcastle In Top Ten

Joe Kinnear is fast making a name for himself, and things have gone rather well for Newcastle, ever since Joe told Daily Mirror reporter Simon Bird where to go, during a press conference shortly after he joined Newcastle.

joe-kinnear-new1

Joe Kinnear –  “I will get the best out of the players I have”

Of course the swearing in that press confernece got some criticism for the Irishman, but most people were pleased Joe gave it to the journalists, some of whom are a huge pain in the behind.

One is Wigan manager Steve Bruce, who said he thought Joe was great during that press conference and may even have been putting pressure on himself – to take it off his players and Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

But Joe has worked like crazy at Newcastle, and his hard work and terrific man-management is starting to pay off, and the unlikely Kinnear has the Magpies up to 12th place in the league, before their visit to Wigan this afternoon.

One miracle he seems to have achieved is to make the Newcastle defense both well organized and solid, something no other manager has done in a very long time.

Kinnear told the Daily Express:

“I have always put 110% into anything I do in my life. I am aware – and it has repeatedly been said to me – that I was never first choice here, but nevertheless, that’s behind me now.”

“I am only looking forward at how the future pans out for me. I am not really worried who gets in my way,”

“I just carry on doing exactly what I am doing. I am going to get the best out of these players and I am going to get Newcastle into the top 10 to stay there permanently.”

“Where that takes me at the end of the year is another question, I couldn’t answer that.”

“But until then, I shall certainly be doing my best – and quite honestly, I have got nothing to lose.”

You just cannot fault Joe’s attitude and of course this will positively impact his players too, as it seem like Joe lives in the present, and concentrates fully on every game, whatever the last result was.

That’s so good for a manager, and Joe refuses to get carried away, either on the upside after a number of wins, or on the down side , which has so far been a number of draws.

If Joe continues with the success he’s had at Newcastle, clubs will be lining up for his services in the summer.

That’s because not only is he a good manager on the field with the players, but he’s also got the famous Newcastle club moving again.

The fact that Newcastle have already bid for 4 players, and the January transfer market hasn’t yet opened, says a lot for Joe’s common sense approach to getting things done.

And it also seems he gets on with most people very well, including owner Mike Ashley and Director of Football Dennis Wise, who most fans have had trouble with since he was hired by then Chairman Chris Mort last January.

And Joe’s ability to work with people already at the club, is slowly bringing a little more harmony to Newcastle, after it was blasted wide open in early September, with an almighty argument between Derek Llambias and Kevin Keegan. 🙁

We support Joe Kinnear and the players fully, and will do so as long as Joe is at the club.

• nooh

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:34 AM

we are all behind him

• ali

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Ed – I love the blog but please don’t have a go at journalists. That’s biting the hand that feeds you as daily you cut and paste their hard work into your site. Witness this very blog – a straight lift of Daily Express quotes. You may consider them a ‘pain in the behind’ but the majority are decent professionals who are working hard to pay the mortgage – in the face of increasing numbers of bloggers who rip off their work.
    They are bright enough and philosophical enough to accept the unfair nature of the web – but surely you are too decent a bloke to rub their noses in it?

• sirjasontoon

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Ali shut up this is a football blog,Ed can paste who he likes and then pass comment on it..a large percentage of journalist’s talk crap and are biased to either a certain government or team etc thats a fact..but hey don’t quote me : )

On football matters which clearly our friend Ali fogot to mention..JK is doing a grand job 3 points today and I will be singing his praises even more : )

• Toon1978

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:54 AM

ali

The press deserve everything they get especially the stereotypical idiots at the Express who i may add had a nasty little cartoon in their paper slagging off the Newcastle public. That paper is not fit enough to wipe peoples behinds it is full of lies especially when it concerns NUFC. It has continuously slagged off NUFC support, tried on numerous occasions to unsettle our players before major games IE :KINNEAR FOR SUNDERLAND’ just before the Spurs game ironically to suit a southern club. The continues rumours on Owen and N’Zogbia that turn out to be lies and old news. Anything to do with NUFC they have a pop at so i will never lay off the press until they lay off my beloved club. I wouldn’t pay them ar.e holes a bloody penny and it may sound harsh i wouldn’t care a toss if they lost their homes .What goes around comes around maybe them SO CALLED professionals that write for the papers want to start reporting the truth. THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY GET!!!!

• Lacedaemonian

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I love Joe regardless of what he achieves this season. He has single handedly saved our club from the brink.

• Toon1978

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Joe Kinnear has done a cracking job so far and he was the only bloke to have the balls in taking the toon job. He deserves the jo full time as he is passionate about the toon and he is also trying to let the fans know as much as possible as Ashley tells us bugger all. He has the defence working wonders i only hope we continue our good run of form up today. Tough game but a possible 3 points.

• Toon1978

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:03 PM

• Will Iam

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Ali shut the f**k up.

• Partizan

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Ali….Those journalists would sell their mother for a bulls..t story so don’t defend them and enjoy the blog.

• Bill F (Original)

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Show me a decent Manager who don’t F and Blind on the odd occasion. Especially at half time, you wouldn’t want your Granny in some of them.

• Bill F (Original)

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:44 PM

“Dressing rooms”

• furrygiblets

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Ali, when most of them talk total ass about our club i think Ed is every bit justified on his opinion of said journalists. Most have about as much integrity as your common rodent.

• beyethegreat

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:51 PM

is ant 1 watching socer saturday

• Rich

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Does anyone have the SopCast address for the newcastle game?

• Toon1978

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Any links for the game lads?

• Rich

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:57 PM

come on lads lets have the link.

i got sopcast but dunno how to find the game on it?

or is there any other link?

• AhKz

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:05 PM

i hope newcastle win against wigan

• beyethegreat

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:07 PM

wot time is kick off

• Toon1978

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:10 PM

• Boater

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Ali..?? Moralising on the plight of hard-done-by british journalists? I’ve seen it all noo.

Ed failed to mention that the british tabloid press are the single-most agitating disruptive and hate-procuring force in our nation, filling their pages with fraudulent cynical hate-mongering – to as you say – pay off their s******g mortgages. The southern-centric portrayal of the toon is interesting because they are doubtless jaundiced against – what they see as – beered up angry geordies who hound out their players, chairmen and managers alike on an annual basis because we are annoyed we didn’t win the league or summat.

Let’s hope that the credit-crunch will reduce the number of tabloid journalists – just as it has reduced the employment opportunities for people who do have a soul.

• Toon1978

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Boater

Excellent post mate. Well said.

• beyethegreat

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:21 PM

one of the best poosts on this site ever

has any 1 seen some1 on this site called ali b4

• GOERDIE IN NORWAY

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:02 PM

lets all sh*t on aly. hes talking it

• GOERDIE IN NORWAY

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM

i think with the players we have , we shoiuld be no lower than the top ten.. in my opinion we are as good as villa and spurs around the 5/6/7 spots… i also think arsenal are not that much beter than us three

• haz m2

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM

long time reader first time poster. I felt inclined to comment on the abuse directed at ali for simply stating his opinion on journos, whats the point of free speech if everything we say is greeted with such unplasent not to mention un-crative put downs.

You dont have to agree with the guy, just dont berate him for giving his point of veiw.