Viduka Is So Good He Could Be South American – Gutierrez

Jonas Gutierrez is just one reason Newcastle are starting to look very good this season under the down to earth and common sense management of a passionate Irishman, by the name of Joe Kinnear.

81950564DD002_NEWCASTLE_UNI

Jonas Gutierrez – such a bargain buy for Newcastle

Jonas is already becoming a Geordie fan favorite with his terrific skill and work-rate during every game, and he seems only too willing to talk to the press every week.

Jonas said today:

“I know what happened at Wigan last year but this is a new match and a new chance,” “It is very important we win. “

“Confidence is getting better all the time and another win will keep us going in the right direction.”

Newcastle are unbeaten in their last six games, but the good thing is that we’ve started to win games, and that’s what we must try to do this afternoon at Wigan, who are just one place above us in the league.

Gutiérrez is also only too happy to praise manager Joe Kinnear, who has done very well since taking on the demoralized team in late September:

“He has done a great job so far and when you win it always makes you feel better,”

Australian Mark Viduka is very slowly getting back to full match fitness, but it seems Mark is not a naturally fit player, and it takes some time for him to regain his sharpness, and he’s lost some weight over the last few weeks. Once Mark does become fully fit he’ll again be a good player for the team.

But Mark has always had tremendous skills on the ground for such a big guy, and he made Damien’s winning goal on Sunday with a wonderfully precise back-heel right into the path of Duff, who was onto it like a gazelle and had the ball in the back of the net in an instant.

And Gutiérrez has today given the Australian the ultimate praise in his eyes, by saying the former Middlesbrough man is so good he could be South American.

Jonas continued:

“It is great playing alongside him,” “He has done very well when he has come on as a sub in the last few matches because it is difficult when you are not starting.”

“Against Spurs he had a very good match and he is very clever with his feet. On the training ground he does it all the time.” “He has the footwork of a South American and his technique is great.”

Today’s game at the JJB Stadium will be a good game, and hopefully Newcastle will not have any Xmas hangovers, like they did last year in the exact same fixture, when they played hopelessly and went down 1-0.

A draw would be a decent result today, but it’s not what the lads will be looking for, because they realize a win is so much better, and will help us be in the top half of the table by the turn of the year.

If we can do that it would be a tremendous accomplishment for the players and the coaching staff, given all the stuff that has gone on at the club since August.

Howay The Lads!!

• y-ly

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:09 AM

eish, today the wigan match is a must win match for us toon suporters. yesterday was my birthday, i spend the whole day on this site, to my surprise not even a single person 4m ths site wish me a hapy birthday. anyway if we win today, it wil be my birthday

• y-ly

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:12 AM

i mean my birthday present, 4m y-ly a toon fan 4m namibia

• Bill F (Original)

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:23 AM

y-ly, happy birthday, hope you get a belated prezzy in the form of a big win. I didn’t come onto blog as I had a houseful yesterday.

Just been reading some of yesterdays comments and one of the big points I think people are missing re transfers, is the proposed 5 Brits (or is it English) to a team. So we cannot sign just anyone for the future. I know it’s not as simple as that but it needs to be thought about.

• Joe Aussie

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:46 AM

I live in Melbourne where Mark Viduka grew up and I remember watching him in play for a local club team as a teenager,he was so powerful and skillful for a big player.He was scoring goals and I thought it would be a good idea to send a video and some local newspaper articles to Kevin Keegan who was in his first stint as manager at Newcastle.In those days I think Craig Johnson at Liverpool was the only well known Aussie player in England.Anyway to get to the point I thought that Keegan probably got stuff like that from fans all of the time and the video would be thrown in the bin before it even got to his desk .Considering the career Viduka went on to have,I regret by decision every time i think of it.

• Kowloontoon

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Gee y-ly, I didn’t know it was your birthday. Anyway, please accept my belated birthday greetings and I wish you a very fruitful year 2009. I also wish that we can win at Wigan today.

Have a wonderful holiday, cheers from Hong Kong :).

• Guinea Mag

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Belated birthday greeting “y-ly”; hoping our beloved Newcastle United give us 3 points vs. Wigan today.

Viduka is such a skillful player for some one so big. If he can get himself fit and not obtain further injuries, a play per game, performance related type contract represents win-win for both player and club….

• Shaun B

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Boyos! Happy Birthday y-ly, I am a South African Toon supporter. It’s highly best we get the 3 points at wigan, I know they have some quality in their team, but we should have more than enough quality to compete comfortably, well thats what I think at least.

Howay the lads!

• y-ly

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:15 AM

thanks guys 4 all belated birthday greetin, u know im one of very few toon suporters 4m namibia, js hope the lads make it 3 wins in the row. viduka, owen n guthy wud be on scoresheet. ed, thanks 4 being always therere 4 us

• y-ly

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:18 AM

eish any toon suporter can email me, wiley23@hotmail.com. remember guys lets remain united 4eva

• sirjasontoon

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:25 AM

happy birthday fella…you aint jesus by any chance?
    Hope we don’t have to endure lots of toon player spin like the last window i was clearly staged to take our minds off the window.

Duke is better than anyone on his day..but he is too injury prone,overweight and lazy..still love the guy but wouldn’t get in many top sides these days sorry to say.

A win today would be fantastic and hope all the blog fans have a great holiday much love SJT

Come on the TOOOOOON !!

• sirjasontoon

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:26 AM

It was clearly staged…not I : )

• LoonyToon

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Happy Birthday y-ly.
    Merry Christmas everyone.

Now forgive me for saying something negative about Jonas BUT I don’t get too hopeful when he gets the ball.

He seems to have Dyer-itis. Lots of good workrate and get right up the pitch with the ball but either loses it or falls over.

Can be a bit frustrating. He’s the perfect toon player then lol.

Don’t get me wrong I like him and believe he will ge great next year. Great attitude too. Just a bit frustrating that’s all. Let’s get behind him though and make the hairs stand up on the back of his neck.

Awaiting abuse.

• Toon_Ksk

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Joe Aussie,

Any up-and-coming Australian players from the A-League? Maybe you can try sending some videos to Dennis Wise.