Paul Gascoigne Probably Going To Die Soon

Really terrible news today as Paul Gascoigne’s 12-year-old son fears his father, the former Newcastle United and England great,  is probably going to die soon.

paul-gasgoigne.jpg

Gasgoine – BBC documentary airs January 5th on down and out player

Regan is well aware of his father’s troubles, as he has witnessed the famous footballer’s battle with drug and alcohol problems all his life.

In a TV interview for a BBC documentary to be aired early in the new year Ryan says:

“If I could wish, I would wish that he would go away from us.”

“Everyone thinks he’s Gazza but because he’s the top player doesn’t mean he’s a good dad or a good person to be with, does it, really?”

The title of the documentary is Surviving Gazza, and it will be shown on Channel 4 on Monday January 5th.

The documentary shows Regan, Gascoigne`s former wife Sheryl, 43, and two of her children from a previous marriage (Bianca, 22, and Mason, 19), track down the former great to a Portugal hotel and Gascoine says:

“I’ve got food disorder, got bipolar, mood swings, anxiety. I drank when I was sad. And yes, I must admit I thought of dying.”

Paul is now 41 years old and doesn’t look very healthy, to say the least, and of course he has been treated on many many occasions for drug and alcohol abuse, and also for his mental health condition, which is hardly good.

Even during his career Paul was plagued by personal problems, and earlier this year when his plight was made known, then manager Kevin Keegan and the club said they would help him, but with what’s happened at Newcastle since then, we’d be surprised if any of that has happened.

We hope the Newcastle United club, or someone can help Paul, before it’s too late, because this story is disturbing, to say the least.

This is certainly not the way we want any of our former players to end up.

• beyethegreat

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM

sad that some1 so great could have so many problemms

• hadrian

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:08 PM

cant see the need of airing someones dirty laundry like this , taking advantage of a 12 year old kids feelings for his dad, to get tv ratings .

• JG

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:12 PM

just leave him be….the tv shouldnt be allowed to show it,He has problems we all know that but putting it across like this isnt doing him any good

• Doocey

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Exactly.
    The poor man brought these problems on himself and is continuing with them.
    He was great player but that is no longer.

His son firmly believes that he is gone past the point of rescue now, although airing this is stupid, we all know his problems, if he is to die soon , can’t he do it in peace?

• KK FOREVER (Ross)

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:22 PM

cant agree more. airing it is just a waste of time.
    god knows what that pratt bianca gascoigne is going to come out with aswell.
    the saddest thing is if anyone tried to pull them up about this, they’d probably give some ridiculous excuse like
    “we’re trying to help him, maybe by seeing this paul will realise how his family feels and he can change”. infact, i’d put good money on something like that being said within a week or so after the show is aired.
    such a shame, a footballing legend and a true gent. lived next door to my gran when he was at rangers and she said he was absolutly golden.

• The Entertainers

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM

I can’t pretend to understand Paul Gascoigne, the father or the husband.

But for someone so young to be almost hoping his father will die must be terrible and i only hope it is a vailed attempt to wake up Gazza and hope he sees the grim reality of his now life.

Gazza, its not just your family and close friends that want to see you better.

Theres a generation of fans like myself who idiolised you as a player and we’re many the insperation for me to kick a football on a cold wet sunday afternoon.

Gazza you are one of my ALL TIME favourite players and always will be.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

• Loonytoon

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Come one Paul dig in and get through this. We’re all behind you mate.

I completely agree Hadrian. Pure gutter TV. Things like this are nothing more than a modern day freak show. Let’s all point and laugh. Disgusting.

Plus I can’t believe his son came up with those words by himself (“He’s probably going to die soon. I don’t think there’s any point helping him. We’re wasting our time.”). It’s obviously embedded into his head from his mother/family.

Sorry but I just find it so sad a young boy is being brought up to give in on someone and stop helping.

Or maybe I’m just living in a fluffy morally perfect world in my head.

I understand they have been through hell with him but to give in with the attitude of he’ll die is hard to take in. Yes, if he was terminally ill (might be I don’t know) but not when it’s a mental condition.

Anyway rant over. Sorry lads n lasses.

Maybe I’m a deluded geordie.

• mozza

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Aye i’ll back up whats being said, gutter tv, i’m with you on Bianca KK, she loves to put the boot in

• Turkish Magpie