Kinnear Has No Money From Ashley For January Sales

Joe Kinnear has talked today to the Sunday Sun about the transfer window, so let’s see what he says so we can better ascertain what our chances are of getting some good players into the club are by four weeks tomorrow, when the transfer window will close.

Xisco – to be sold in January – but he’s never had a chance?

It seems like one player Kinnear definitely wants to sell is 22 year-old Spanish Under-21 International Xisco, who we are told was brought to Newcastle against Keegan’s wishes, and was just one of the reasons for the volcano that erupted on the last day of the sumer transfer window.

When Xisco has appeared at Newcastle, he’s looked a decent player but hardly worth the £5.7M we are supposed to have paid Deportivo La Coruna for him. It appears that the sale of Xisco is the one that Kinnear hopes will bankroll his first signing with as Newcastle manager.

But whether we can find a buyer for Xisco, who is willing to pay anywhere near £5.7M,  is a good question. Xisco has hardly covered himself in glory at St. James’ Park, since we’ve never played the boy, for one reason. Xisco now looks like on of our bad buys in the summer along with loan signing Ignacio Gonzalez, but only because the Uruguayan got injured.

Joe Kinnear told the Sunday Sun today:

“If we can get back somewhere near what we paid for the player we have in mind then I could go and get another player that I want for £5m,”

“One deal will automatically trigger the next one.?”

“So I’m banging on the door hoping that they (the buying club) will make a decision because the player that I want is wanted by other teams too.”

“The last thing I want is to let someone else get in there before we do.”

The Sunday Sun says that Kinnear is also eager to sell Enrique, after we signed the lad from Villarreal for £6.3m in the summer of 2007.

But we would question the validity of that, because Jose is again starting to play well at left-back and it seems he needs a good few games to get his form back, but he’s now playing quite solidly at left back. He’s good moving forward and has great left foot on him, and we like his attitude because he wants to stay and fight for his place at the club, and that can’t be too bad.

That doesn’t say we mustn’t get in another left-back during January, but he would then have to fight it out with Jose for the left back starting berth.  Joe needs to fill out the squad which will add to the competition for places at Newcastle – and that’s what he’s trying to do, but with up front money not available, it will not be easy.

Kinnear continued:

“I just hope it never comes down to Mike suggesting to me that I sell Shay Given in order to free up funds,” “I’d tell Mike that Shay must stay.”

“Shay is an untouchable as far as I’m concerned. Shay and Michael are untouchable in January and there’s no chance I’d sell.”

Kinnear’s bid to keep Given will be sorely tested if we cannot unload the players we want to sell, like Xisco and Geremi.  That’s especially true if Manchester City come in with a huge bid, and then Mike would be challenged with an important decision to make.

It certainly promises to be a very interesting transfer window for Newcastle – watch this space.

• Doocey

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Good good but I can imagine you there siting in the computer chair thinking of stories to tell us lol!
    I actually am starting to believe you but I don’t like to ask too many questions unless I’m allowed(?)

Yeah i agree, Zogs can leave, we’re going to amke a nice profit anyways from his move from le harve for pennies so let him leave.
    If he leaves to a foreign club even better but we can get a nice bit of cash for an arrogant and cocky player.
    As long as he is here though I hope he can fight for the black and white.

hear anyhting on barry ferguson Waddle?

• micepie

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I wonder if other team’s fans are as sulky and gloomy as our lot!

It’d be interesting to look at posts on a Man City forum right now, though I bet that they’d be a LOT worse on the Toon blog had we lost 3-0 at home to Nott’m Forest!!

• Waddle's mullet

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Look

I, myself are not connected (work) at the club.

But one thing about the ferguson thing walter smith has said that no bids for ferguson are on the table!

So who is kidding who, but if smith wanted as much money as he could get he would have said a number of bids are in for him.

Would not be suprised to see Chris mort back soon.

• happy toon

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:23 PM

BRING BACK KEEGAN!!!!

• Waddle's mullet

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I do love KEEGAN but come on.

Move on FFS

• Doocey

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:25 PM

You don’t give too much away lol!

Thanks for the updates anyways.
    Would love to see Sakho come to us 😛

• Waddle's mullet

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:32 PM

would like to see Sissoko for butts replacement.

attacking midfielder ????

Left back sorted.

and a centre forward ????

• Doocey

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Yeah true Sissoko would be exciting as he’s playing very well in France at the minute.

Not sure if we need another Forward but I take Falcao or Christian Benitez or indeed Yannick 😀

• Tom_Toon

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:42 PM

You want Yannick?

No you DONT!

He does like 1 good thing every 10 games for god’s sake!

• Waddle's mullet

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:43 PM

They are open to offers for:-
    Ameobi (any price)
    Viduka but crocked will hobble on a free in the summer.

Xisco.

So a forward is a must especially when owen will go in summer if not before.

• Doocey

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I like Yannick, boy can he finish and I think Newcastle would suit him!

Or Diego Diego Buonanotte, been watching that lad for the last three years and he’s really getting into his stride with River now 🙂

I don’t think owen will leave TBH and I would liek to Xisco given a chance.
    Selling and not bringing in would be awful for our season.

I’d like Diego but he wouldn’t join us I don’t think, maybe Fegouhli or Marko Marin.
    Realistic targets but pricy…

• Tom_Toon

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Yannick cant finish his breakfast!

His finishing is so inconsistent, he turns up once every 10 games!

• Doocey

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Maybe you’re thinking of Hakan Yakan? loL!
    I just happen to see Yannick’s goals and they have been very impressive, he is young too,
    Nothing on Buo though or Benitéz

• CHUCK

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Just thinking, must be a tough job being Joe right now, would`nt want the job for diamonds.
    SO MULLET, is it a done deal for Taiwo then ?
    What do you hear about Sissoko, is he on the radar ?
    And what about Sahko or Mouyokolo, any word there ?
    Anyone mention Bent for up front ?
    See what happens when you drop a tit bit of info to the starving fans.
    Better not be bu*****t or you will be as unpopular as MA.

• Tom_Toon

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Benitez broke his leg about 3 weeks ago, he is out for like 5 months.

• Waddle's mullet

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Chuck

think we have a great chance about Taiwo from what i hear. Hope so!!

Don’t know about Mouyokolo but just the type wise would be looking at especially with the success of bassong.

Would not rule out us going back for Skjelberd.
    But thats my gut feeling not gospel.

Bent is out for three weeks i think after getting injured against wigan on friday.

Would love sissoko. will have to be quick with him though.

And your right i could be public enemy No1 but what for?

just telling you what i have heard and a few whispers.

But you can always read the sunday sun etc and get excited about the 300 players they link us with and gosh in come jonas ans bassong that nobody has heard of.

• LoonyToon

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Am I missing something here. It seems we have to sell in order to buy. If that’s the case expect to be hugely disappointed.
    We’ll sell and miss out on our first choice targets and end up with third/fourth choice/championship/young “prospects”.

We should buy who we need first then sell in order to get as much cash back as possible. That way we will get who we want and possibly stay in the league. Other clubs will see we have cover with our new players and put a bid in.

Or is that too obvious. Get your players in then sell. Simple really.

Ashley get off your arse or get the fcuk out and stop destroying our club because you haven’t got a clue.

• brutooooon

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:00 AM

We got some players to sell, but i dont think we would buy players that we want.

So another dissapointing transfer window as usual.

• Doocey

Jan 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM

I think we’l buy, if we sell which we dhouldn’t really then i hope it isin’t quality we sell although thats the only sort that will sell.

Hope we get taiwo and sissoko and a few other too.

P.S Didn’t know that about Benitez but I do know River Plate are doing poorly and Bou and Falcao could leave 😛

• Sav

Jan 5, 2009 at 4:39 AM

There’s a basic flaw in JFK’s ‘sell to buy’ argument:

We are in the clarts now.

We have to improve or we may get relegated = total disaster.

We haven’t got many good players and we really only want to sell the bad ones.
    So unless the other clubs are all completely stupid, how the hell are we going to sell poor players and get better ones in to improve?

The only area in which we have decent cover is in goal. And we’ll get coppers for Harps as his contract is up and Joe claims we don’t want to sell Given because he’s the best we have and we really need him.

Either Ashole coughs up quickly or we run a real risk of relegation.

• Taiwantoon

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:29 AM

You guys are not serious, are you?

We had so many insiders on the blog and they were all proved wrong by MA.

• Darryl

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Ed, your just as bad as the bloody papers!

1 3 4 5