Newcastle Must Get Control Over N’Zogbia Statements

It’s another Sunday and another statement from Charles N’Zogbia in the Sunday Sun, saying that he wants to leave Newcastle United.

charles-nzogbia-training.jpg

Charles N’Zogbia – my dream team is Arsenal – next installment next week

This is getting to be a little tedious, and Newcastle need to decide if they want to sell him, and if they do serll him. Or alse tell Chgalres to stop blanting about alwwantintg to leave Newcastle, because this is getting to be just a little tedious.

And we probably expect Charles to come out tomorrow and say he was misquoted – we’ve read this story before – far too many times.

His latest quote in this soap opera is that his dream team is Arsenal — and Kinnear’s insistence that the Frenchman is happy on Tyneside becomes debatable at best.

N’Zogbia said (or is said to have said):

“I told Newcastle that in case of possible transfer, I will do anything to leave this winter. If the club receives a nice offer, they will try to transfer me.”

“I ask myself questions about my future. At Newcastle for three years we are playing in the bottom of the league.” “I want to win titles, and I have set myself high objectives, like being in the French team.”

“I am used to English football, so my priority is to stay here.” “Arsenal is the club that makes me dream the most in the Premier League.”

“France? I don’t know it very well! But I think about it. Lyon is a very, very good club. PSG is currently in a very good period.” “If I have to be transferred there, I would have no regret. It would be a good choice.”

Joe Kinnear must get a grip on this youngster because his quotes are starting to annoy Newcastle fans. The player is on contract at Newcastle, and he should be concentrating on playing well for the high wages we pay him, and not telling journalists about different teams he wants to join. Charles – please grow up.

We have to stick to that well worn strategy at Newcastle, that we only want players who want to play for Newcastle United, and if Charles wants to leave then get rid of him, but not in the January window. because we’ll need him through May.

In the summer if he hasn’t changed his tune by that time, then sell him – but for a good price – again at the club’s option.

• toonbirchy

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM

i think we want to sell him but nobody wants him/ if we could get rid we could get ledley and delph to replace me thinks

• wigaz

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Why dont we just sell this little prick! you would think he was cristiano ronaldo class the way he’s going on! sell him for £9m & use that cash to buy pudolski! Gan boil your heed Zogs!!!!!

• steve

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:23 PM

that is the same interview being regurgitated time and time again – zogs has made one statement but the press keep printing it over and over (and Ed keeps repeating them here!)

• wigaz

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Steve he’s a lil prick not fit to wear the shirt! he has clearly wanted away for some time now as he thinks he’s too good for the club. LEAVE!!!! his sale can help us build the squad with players who do actually want to wear the black & white!

• Dennis Twice

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM

FOOTBALL NEWS

N’Zogbia – keen to move on.

N’ZOGBIA DETERMINED TO LEAVE

….Given, N`Zogbia, Smith, Owen

Ash gonna make some cash.

2loans
    1 buy

• Ben_BKK

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Ed, no offence but do you have spell checker?

• Turkish Magpie

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM

All the usual from Charles, next week he’ll say actually had a chat with the board and he’s leaving to Arsenal, then Arsene Wenger comes out and says he doesn’t want him then Charles says he’s going to PSG, then it gets to febuary and he’s still here!

• wigaz

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Ed how about a poll on here asking who we most want to leave in the transfer window? lets see how sick of Zogs we have got? mind you i know he wont be top. If we haven’t signed anyone by Jan 2oth then i dont expect any in. If we are going to sign enough to help us out they need to be in quick.

• Sptifire

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:31 PM

It still baffles me how we let Milner go and kept Nzogbia. Get rid of him if he wants to go – which he clearly does. We could do with the money and we have Duff as cover. Nzogbia flatters to decieve- he rarely produce a killer finish when he is on the ball. We will be no worse off without him.

• Joe

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:31 PM

same old same old from him every transfer window this happens

• Alex

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Bang on steve , the press just keep diging up old news . They just like us the fans , hear nothing from ashley or Lambiarse about the comings and goings at the club so they repeat old news to make hadlines and derail us .

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I don’t think he has been committed to the club in ages,I have never rated him and wouldn’t be bothered if he went.

These stories from Given,N’zog,Owen,Harps and Butt not signing deals does nothing to help the club though.

• toon mad chris

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:39 PM

i hope we sell that french cry baby. He thinks he is to good for newcastle and i think he is a ok player but duff is better.

I we do sell him for 8-10 million who should we get to replace him?

With that money we could get a left back and 1 or 2 center midfielders who actually want to be here.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Charles can dream all he likes about arsenal..because he would be 3rd choice/reserve player there anyway…he obviously has an over inflated ego and is very very deluded to say the least.
    I would pack his louis vuitton bags myself-PRICK.

• beyethegreat

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM

does any 1 else think the press linking us with keepers shows how little they actually know about our club

as it proves that they think harper is just a back up keeper

when he is infact better than all the keepers we have been linked with

i am comepletely sick of zog and feel ashamed of getting zog 14 on the back of my shirt

• jordi

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Sell him. Get rid. Cash in. Ship out. Move on. Release him from his obvious torment. Let some other poor club put up with his destabilising ego and lack of end product.

He clearly thinks he’s too good for NUFC so let him go somewhere else. We’re short of players BUT I’d rather have someone give 100% in the games for the team (like Milner did) than give 75% for the scouts in the stands…

I doubt it’s an old regurgitated story either, people tend to get sued for stuff like that.

• toon mad chris

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:42 PM

sirjasontoon who do you think we should get to replace that french prick?

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:42 PM

If we do sell him…the money with go to Mike’s local casino in mayfair same as the Milner money and the imaginary 16m”War Chest” the chonicle mentioned 16m is not a war chest more like a pennystretcher kitty.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Toon mad chris I aint got a clue buddy,packed in playing champs manager 15 years ago : )

• Irish John

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:45 PM

the guy is over rated..he a winging prick..get rid for anything..im sick off he’s stupid statements…

• Bill F (Original)

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:46 PM

PSG have some real quality player for whom we could do a player plus cash swap. Could be a win-win for us.

• Toon1978

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:46 PM

N’Zogbia aint doing himself any favours what so ever by blabbing his mouth off the way he is. If Wenger has any sense he would keep well away.
    If N’Zogbia had any sense he would get on with his job and keep his mouth shut otherwise he is going to put potential buyers off by the way he is going on with his present club. Other clubs could think three years down the line N’Zogbia could do the same to their club by insisting he wants away. The kid has no loyalty and is another brat on our books. Get rid of the trash ie N’Zobia. He is a self obsessed little a..e hole that deserves a slap.

• toon mad chris

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:46 PM

haha alright m8

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I def think Given is going say for 10m,N’zog 8m plus 12m Milner money that makes 30m in chips for a night at the casino for Mike haha

• Nenad The Serbian Mag

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Go on then and f**k off to your dream team!!!!!

• Dan157

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM

If we get him for a good price then perhaps the money could go towards Arda Turan who i think would cost 10 – 12 million.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Do you think w ehave bid for Big Baz Ferguson anyone?

I hope not he is pap.

• andyglostoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM

one manager i really like neil warnock just said on setanta that he believe’s shay’s just crying out for help to ashley for more players,warnock also said that 50k fans a week deserve more than they getting a the moment!

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Dan forget us attracting Turan..those dreams lie in the past my friend..we have more chance of attracting Terry Trotter a big defensive pi55 can from the Rising Sun Pub 11.

• CLINT FLICK

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Dan157

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM

If Kinnear was talking 16 million for three of our players then like Tom_Toon said that Nzogbia is on that list. I think the JK quotes about him being happy at the club were a facade until January and that he has always being prepared for his sale. Like i said, put the money towards Arda Turan or at least do a swap deal with PSG or Lyon.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Shay said last year he was concerned about the squad..what was done about it…NISH.

• Dan157

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM

sirjasontoon

I don’t know, i think it would be the attraction of playing in the premiership that could get him here. I don’t even know how well he is playing at the moment though.

• reillers

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Sell NZogbia, Smith, Owen, that will get us a couple of punt to by a few players. Some team will pay through the nose for overrated Owen, and the others should sell well enough as well.

Beyethegreat, they didn’t really talk Given up either, not till the statment, they don’t really seem to have a clue about here.
    But I don’t think Kinnear is that impressed with Harper, the way he’s going hell bent to keep Given, the way he’s saying he’s the best keeper in the Prem by a mile..etc. It’s got me thinking he doesn’t rate him much.

• Dan157

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:59 PM

As much as we can do without losing a decent player and prospect like Nzogbia the position we are in now means we cannot be having a whining brat at the club. He has done well this season but not enough to make him irreplaceable. Ship him out but get a direct replacement and not think we can rely on Duff all season on his own.

• CLINT FLICK

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Shay is a goalie NOT a coach or PR executive.

Shut up & play football Shaymus & rake in & count y’wodge.

• k k forever

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:02 PM

SIRJASONTOON THINK UR SPOT ON MATE

• sirjasontoon

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Dan if you where a continental player looking at our position right now in the league would you really leave your current club with the possibility of being relegated in a few months…I certainly wouldn’t if I was that player.

I think Given and N’Zog will be sold that will mean Mike will have pocketed approx 30m including the Milner money.

• Dan157

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:02 PM

reillers

We have to buy before we sell. Imagine selling those and not being able to get players in before the deadline. That would just about seal our fait.

I’ve just thought though. Didn’t Gutierrez come here as a left winger, he definately played there against Man Utd. So we could probably have Duff and Spiderman as our left wing options and bring in another right sided player. I know Pennant is available but I’m not sure what people think of him.

• Doocey

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Let him leave – annoying how he always tells the french press not Kinnear himself.

Kinnear HAS to be given money to spend by Ashley otherwise we are in trouble.

Surely he has been given some cash when he’s made enquiries already?