Charles N’Zogbia Soap Opera Continues At Newcastle

Charles N’Zogbia, the 22-year-old French Under-21 International, whom Newcastle have brought along nicely in the last four and a half years, has made it plain he would like to leave Newcastle, just in case clubs didn’t know that already.

charles-nzogbia-132.jpg

Charles N’Zogbia – next installment of his soap opera

We really do wish this lad would keep quiet and not give frequent updates on what’s happening with his possible move to another club.  This should not be allowed by players who are contracted to clubs, but it does show his lack of maturity and he comes across as far too self-centered.  And the rumors over the last few seasons that Charles has a high opinion of himself may be very true.

And to be sure N’Zogbia is becoming a pain in the neck for most Newcastle fans, with his continual quotes in the press.

It’s clear that Aston Villa would like N’Zogbia, probably because James Milner has said how good he is, and apparently Spurs and Villa have already contacted his representatives as to his availability.

And then Charles has the audacity to say he’d prefer to move to Arsenal – well that’s very diplomatic of him to Spurs and Villa, his potential new employers.

Charles has been talking again to L’Equipe – unfortunately:

“My agents are talking with Tottenham and Aston Villa,” “I’m waiting to see what will happen.”“From what they have told me, Arsenal could also be in the frame, but there hasn’t been a direct approach from them.”

“Personally, I have a little preference for the Gunners but, whatever happens, they are three great and ambitious clubs. It’s very flattering to see them interested in me.”

“I’ve spoken to my bosses at the club. They know what my aims are and what I want to continue to progress,”

“As soon as a big club knocks on the door with a good offer, I don’t think they’ll prevent me leaving.”

“A return to France is not unforeseeable. But personally I have always said that my priority is to remain in England.” “It’s a league which I take pleasure from and which suits me well.”

“Anyway, a return to France is not relevant because none of those clubs have contacted me.” “I am 22,” “It’s an age where I have to be seen, especially with regards to aims that I have targeted for myself.”

“I want to get into the France team as soon as possible and I feel that at Newcastle, that won’t be possible.”

Newcastle shouldn’t keep players who don’t want to play for Newcastle, and Charles has gone on too much about wanting to leave the club over the last year or so, and he’s destined to be moved out.

But, we are already short of one winger, James Milner, who we did not replace when he moved on in August, against Kevin Keegan’s wishes.

We should not sell Charles until two things happen – first we have to have one or even two new wingers lined up, because we still haven’t replaced Milner.

And the second point is that if Milner is worth £12M, then Charles has to be close to that value – so Newcastle should hang on for some silly money for the 22 year old, like we eventually got for James Milner.

After all Charles has made the same number of appearances at Newcastle as Milner did, he is an Under-21 International, and came to Newcastle at the same time – in the summer of 2004 – as James did, when the great Sir Bobby Robson was managing the club.

Charles is slightly younger than James, and turns 23 years old in late May, whereas James turned 23 earlier this month.

In other words the club should sell this lad, but it must be on the club’s terms, and that may not be possible in January, if a high enough bid is not received.

Of course an opportunity for Newcastle is to do a part exchange for Charles, since we need good players coming in – and Arsenal have lots of good youngsters that could help us, come to think of  it.

• Karltoon

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Kinnear should come out and say Zog is available in a swap/part exchange deal, where the overall value matches our valuation of him, and use Milner as precedent on ‘price’.

• Richy

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Seriously pissed off with the Zog now, hes nowhere near the level he thinks hes at, overrated, terrible attitude, id take £8 million for him.

• He is quite full of himself. When everyone is fit at Arsenal and Aston Villa he wont start and Spurs are the mire just as much as us so i dont see it helping him get into the France squad. He seems to think we will let him go but i dont see it.

• Micky Toon

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Hmm, can’t see him playing for Spurs. Why would Arsenal need to spend money on him when they have perfectly good players in their reserves who would cost them nowt? Villa will be his destination. Personally I would sell him, but not now. Make him wait until the summer, let him suffer on the bench a bit. Then sell him to Villa for £15m. They seem to enjoy spending over the odds for average players.
    No player is bigger than the club and if he doesn’t want to be there, then see you later charlie boy. But remember a move to Villa or Spurs is not a move to a bigger club, only Arsenal would meet that criteria and he’s probably kidding himself if he thinks he’s good enough to fit in there.

• Rich

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

dock him his wages for every outburst about wanting to leave.

the little pr1ck.

there is no need for this sort of attituted.

• HeronMag

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I’m a huge fan of N’Zogbia’s footballing ability, but the way he runs to the French media every time he gets despondent at the toon really, really does my head in.

If he is so determined to leave then we should cash in. There are plenty of players who would love the opportunity to play for a club as big as Newcastle.

• scottishmag

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:00 AM

sell sell sell!

how many times is he gonna ask away?

• lesh

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Let him go for the right price but when (if?) Joe gets the dosh, he should try to get someone of Jonas’ character and grit.

Jonas appears to have joined us because he saw ambition and I’m sure we’d hate for that view to be shattered!

• ginkoh

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM

I’m So bore with his story. Like I have to read the same novel again and again.

Let him go for the right price or swap deal and end this immediately.

• The Game

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:04 AM

We have been through this far to many times now. He will soon come out and state that he has no intention of leaving.

• GeordieJayne

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:04 AM

There is one thing cashing in and another if jokin get’s the money to spend.

• Todd

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:04 AM

same old story, we’re the only ones with loyalty to the club, us and ameobi 😀

and it’s always us who’re let down.

• Dige

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I would like til see Zog move til PSG in a part exchange deal with Sakho and Guillaume Hoarau

• Kash

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I mentioned yesterday that we should have been in the running for Etherington on the cheap, and sold Zog for a decent amount so that we had some dosh in the coffers for another LB and a young RB. But we’ve missed the boat again.

There are a few quality EPL players whoa re becoming available, but the newly promoted clubs are beating us tot he punch.

Whats that about?!

• GEORDIE69

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:08 AM

What a suprise! Like ive been saying for ages the little waster (nah not thompson) needs to be sold! His attitude stinks! He needs replaced as Duff aint the answer to our left flank!

• brendan maher

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:10 AM

sum up this clown, he like every french player they think there great they sulk and leave and talk to french newspapers all the time, personally if we got anything for him id take it, he been nothing but hassle since day 1

• The Game

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Dige- PSG are a selling club, but I doubt they would give two of their most promising players to us only to recive Zog in return.

• SpartanChris

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM

If he doesn’t want to play for us the sell him for the right price and as soon as possible so that we can replace him before the end of Jan. Thats if the money would actually be used in signing a replacement – but thats another story.

• Euromag

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Aston Villa have told Nicky Shorey that they will not stand in his way should he decide he wants to leave the Midlands-based outfit to gain regular first-team football…
    We can get a trade plus cash for zog plus shorey is good…
    And hopefully if he will leave i think we deserve to give Godsmark and Ng0-Baheng a chance to prove themselves..
    And does anyone have any idea what happened to that Aaron Spears guy after his transfer..

• Newby

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Definitely sell the jumped up runt if this is what he is like. It screams of another Dyer/Robert type character and we most certainly do not want to go back to a situation where we have those type of people in our squad!

If we can get £10m for him then we should sell.

• broon ale

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Euromag- ngo baheng has been injured for the last 7 months. he also happens to look very poor in the games I have watched. godsmark is a dwarf too.

the only players in our reserve squad with potential is ranger and kadar

• bowburnmag

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Future quotes – “I have always had the highest regard for Tottenham and ‘the gaffer’. They have some of the best fans in the country and are an ambitious club. They want to win things, like myself. This is the dream move I have been waiting for. I can finally realise my potential and win trophies and break into the France squad.”

• broon ale

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM

euromag. aaron spear is 15 years old.

• Brettoon

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:20 AM

He’s a moaning son of a b*tch.

Get rid of him and buy someone else with the money. That’s if Ashley doesn’t just pocket it for his pie addiction!

• d34ki

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM

he’s a good footballer, nice free kick taking, but he’s not playing with his heart, get rid of him, use the money for someone better than him.. we still have duffy and jonas in both wing, just buy someone young for back up winger.. we do need CM to replace oldie butt

• Murphy

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Do us a favour Zog. F*&k off.

I’ve never liked him to be honest but while he’s been a newcastle player I’ve kept it to myself. The kids full of it, time to make your dream move mate, we’ll see you on the bench else-where. If you strugle to get a start at newcastle do you really think you’ll be a starter at arsenal or aston villa? well we’ll see.

• ronaldeano

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Zog is nowhere near as good as he makes himself out to be.

The little shit

He is the type of player we dont need at nufc right now, with him saying he cant fulfil his ambitions here? What kind of message does that send out to any other BETTER young players that are realistic targets for us?

The whineing little prick can sling his hook for me now like….

• never liked him…Ashley will pocket the fee..kerching.

• BATTY

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

AO ARE U THERE MATE

• LooneyToon

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I cannot see what I am writing cos of some daft advert….I am sick of him…decent player with potential but he does not want to be here…so he can F**k off for me…seriously cheesed iff with the t1t

• sweendog

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM

I’m gonna sit on the fence here but … get rid of the ungrateful egotistical tw*t .. arsenal haven’t even bid and he says he wants to go there .. theres his problem, totally delusional, he’s been poor for us this season .. get rid and replace with Turan and thats good business.

• bowburnmag

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Imagine getting a cast-off from the Mackems? I’m sure Spurs fans will thrilled with that kind of craic if he ends up there.

• sweendog

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Euromag .. shorey’s been poor this season so I wouldn’t be impressed with that swap … if we got 10+ mill like milner then that’d be good business, but if your selling then the player must be replaced with better or it sends a bad message to the team ..

• LooneyToon

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

and idf Downing is worth 15m plus then we want 12 million at least for the little big head…i would offer to drive the dick south but would end up on a murder charge…then where would we be..lolstill cannot see what i am writing…

• TooKing

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Shorey is pants Euromag.

And Aaron Spears is 15 mate, we won’t see him for a couple of years yet.

• The Game

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM

To be honest with you, given the state of the squad there is no point in selling him, for now at least. Think about it, if he left today who would we have to play in the middle of the park against the hammers? Lua Lua? We are just asking for trouble if he were simply thrust into a pl game.

• LooneyToon

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Broon Ale….add lua lua, Tozer, Krul, Forster, Tavernier and Spear to that list of potentisl my friend

• Chris G

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

GeordieJayne – that’s my worry too. With Ashley in charge, how can we be sure that the transfer money would be used to strengthen the squad? (James Milner, anybody?)

• lesh

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Todd // Jan 9, 2009 at 10:04

re loyalty amd along with Shola and the fans, another one loyal to the club appears to be Jonas.

Please Ashley don’t allow him to be haked off!!!

• TooKing

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM

ok, let me be your hero then :

To remove the advert from the comment box:

-right click the advert