Newcastle Management Give N’Zogbia A Pep Talk

Assistant manager Chris Hughton has revealed this morning that the Newcastle United management team have given N’Zogbia a pep talk, and told the youngster he is an important player to Newcastle.

N’Zogbia – given a pep talk by management

The French player in contracted to the club until 2012 and Joe Kinnear and Chris Hughton want the player to stay on Tyneside, because they see him as an important player for the team.

From our viewpoint we are just sick of hearing Charles – or his agent – we think its’ the same thing – that he wants to leave Newcastle for Aston Villa, Spurs or Arsenal – which he has made clear is his choice – but Wenger isn’t interested.

There have been continual reports from the Newcastle camp since Charles arrived that the lad has a big opinion of himself, and just maybe too big for his boots, and he has always been a little bit of a problem with the club.

Chris Hughton told the Evening Chronicle today

“One thing that becomes difficult these days is agents, but we’ve spoken to Charles, and he knows he is an important player to us.”

“The most important thing is that when you make a substitution, that he can have an impact on the game, and I thought he did. We needed to push players from midfield.”

“When Geremi came off it wasn’t a question of him playing poorly, but we needed more offensive runs from midfield, and Charles is able to do that.”

Speaking on the decision to drop N’Zogbia on Saturday, after Charles started in front of Gutierrez in the previous game, Hughton added:

“Charles was strictly tactical, given the fact he’d come off against Hull,”

“He hadn’t trained all week, and if we’d have started him, and he’d have got a knock on what was a week’s injury, it could have turned into a two-week injury.

“We couldn’t take the chance with him at this particular moment. We always felt he would have to come on, but we were also aware we’ve got another game on Wednesday.”

But it wasn’t a big surprise that Charles started on the bench – after the great display by Argentine Jonas Gutierrez, who came on for the Frenchman at Hull City, after he had started the game on the bench.

N’Zogbia was today again linked with a move to Aston Villa who are reportedly prepared to offer England international left-back Nicky Shorey in part exchange.

The question we have is that if Charles is not prepared to0 stop these quotes about wanting to leave, or he just doesn’t want to play at Newcastle anymore – it will be best to move him out.

But only at a date and time that suits the club, and that’s unlikely to be in January.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM

• sirjasontoon

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Not a big fan of the Zog.
    Find him irritating to say the least.

• sweendog

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM

the was talk of us bidding for this guy .. looks like his agent was probably tauting him around IMO.

Boubacar Sanogo

• sweendog

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM

sirjasontoon . .agreed .. he’s seems a right knuckle head … too many times has he been tauted around for my liking .. he seems desperate to play for Arsenal .. but funny enough he’s not good enough.

• Ally

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Sweendog your spot on mate he is a knuckle head.

Every other week he seems to make his mouth go and try to manouver a move away from the club

• Pons Aelius

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I said it the other day – agents are employees of the footballer. As an employer the player is responsible for the conduct of his agent. If Zog’s agent is causing unwarranted trouble then Zog should get rid.

It seems that this trouble has good cause though. Methinks Zog’s on his way out in the summer.

• Will I am

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM

What happened to David Edger,He should be playing not Taylor.

• BarmyArmy

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:21 PM

First half table: 19th, second half table 7th!

• Mark_S

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Will.. Thought Taylor did ok on Sat… he seemd quite comfotable going forward, and neither goal came from his side of the pitch, (I am taking that Cole ran in between Bassong and Colo for his goal, although he ended up on our right)..

• Pons Aelius

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Mark_S – I think Taylor would be far more comfortable in a midfield position. He can tackle and can be good in possession driving forward.

If I was Kinnear I would try training him as a holding midfielder or possibly as a right back.

Problem is he’s a panicker. If he can’t get past his nerves and improve his distribution of the ball he’ll never fulfill his potential.

• Toon Graeme

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Lads, cant view SS links as at work and for some reason wont load. Can you give me the beef on them?

Agreed that agents are employed by footballer so glad he had a ‘pep’ talk or in laymans terms “b*llocking”.

• HalftimeBovril

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Just testing the new username password log in.

Good idea Ed, i’m assuming then that all the various wind up merchants can now be named and shamed.

• Micky Toon

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Didn’t Taylor start out as a forward? I’m probably thinking of someone else. But I’m sure he did.
    Good call on the holding midfield role Pons, but I don’t think his distribution is good enough for that role.

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Guys! out of topic if we were kinear and were handed 30 m to spend in this window what would our team look like.

I would buy
    marcelo moreno martins shaktar aprox 10 m
    then I would sell zog and given would pick up 20 m
    i would then buy jorge valdivia for 8 m and buy matias fernandez from villarreal at 20 m . lastly I would buy orellana for 5 m
    leaving us with 2 m.

my team would be.

Harper
    beye colo bass enrique
    orellana fernandez valdivia jonas
    Martins Martins

Please post your teams

• Mark_S

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Pons, personally think he is a decent right back.. given time in that position, I wuold never put him in midfield though, as you say he does have a tendancy to panick sometimes, and central midfield is not a place you can afford to panick IMO..

• Pons Aelius

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Mark – good point!

• beyethegreat

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:45 PM

fernandes would never come

• Micky Toon

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM

LATINAMERICANTOON – You’ve posted that in about four different topics now. Give it a rest. Your multiple posting smacks of desperation.

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Micky toon- trying to pass monday and bored of all this constant negativeness and speculation that’s enough to make anyone desperate

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM

beyethegreat- let’s face it half those players would never come to us- just a dream and being sick of being linked to players like ferguson

• beyethegreat

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:03 PM

latinamerican

fair enough

given

beye colo bass vargas

kight o’hara fernandes jonas

owen martins

• a.l 9

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Dont think Taylor has the passing ability for a CM possision to be honest, putting him there would just be playing him for the sake of playing him when we have Guthrie and Barton both better at just about everything.

Although you cannot realy say he had a bad game he was at fault for there seccond goal as he chose to plead for a non-existant offside rather than attempt to win the ball.

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM

beye I dont know much about kight how old is he and what sort of a player is he. and are you talking about fernandes or matias fernandez of chile and villarreal?

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM

beye I live in peru. And vargas is a top top player I used to go the stadium watch him play for universitario. I know his cousin

• Pons Aelius

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM

a. l 9 – I agree on your criticism of his passing. I really only meant to train him in that position. The way our midfield is we desperately need back up!

Micky Toon – yeah I think you’re right about him originally being a striker

• Stardust

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Another test

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM

It drives me mad to think that 3 years ago vargas would of cost us less than 1 m.

• Pons Aelius

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Weren’t we heavily linked to Vargas about 6 months ago?

You never know.

Then again it seems whoever the papers link us to don’t arrive, then we get surprise signings like Jonas 🙂

• beyethegreat

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

well i dont know much about kightley either but people keep banging on about him

how any fernandes’ are there i was talking about m fernandes

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Pons I doubt that he was linked to real madrid 6 months ago then he went to fiorentina

• Pons Aelius

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Oh well, we can dream eh?

• beyethegreat

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

LATINAMERICATOON

any decent peruvians that would come perhaps cm’s

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM

there are plenty but the ones that srping to mind are matias fernandez and manuel fernandes. Both top players. Matias fernandez is tiped to become the best in the world I used to watch him play that’s why I bang on about him soo much

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM

beye, reimond manco is super good!! he has currently gone to psv… My brother in law goes to school with his cousin I may get him to broker a deal lol! apart from manco and vargas talent in peru at the moment is not very good. the national team are doing awful. Only exciting thing to have happened is the return of solano

• I toon

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM

getting tired of the N’Zogbia soap opera sell him already

• beyethegreat

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM

i forgot about manuel fernandes

yeah matias fernandes would be a dream he has everything we need so long a swe can get some combativeness nect to him

• I toon

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM

and by the way my password is way to long i should be able to make my own password

• beyethegreat

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM

LATINAMERICATOON // Jan 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM

how good is manco?

solano what a legend our best rw

• LATINAMERICATOON

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Beye I would thoroghly recommend you watch Chile’s next international game. They have the best midfield up and coming yougnsters in the world at the moment a true joy to watch. I would have any of them