Gutierrez Wants Good Cup Run For Toon Fans

Argentine International and Toon favorite Jonas Gutierrez is determined to give the Toon Army an FA Cup run to remember, as Newcastle prepare for their Third Round replay with Hull City on Wednesday night at St. James’ Park.

81950564DD002_NEWCASTLE_UNI

Jonas Gutierrez – wants to do well in famous FA Cup

Argentine winger Jonas Gutierrez knows all about the world famous FA Cup, since he used to watch as a kid in Argentina and he believes  a good run in the cup could be a tonic for the Newcastle side, not to mention the fans.

Jonas told nufcTV this morning.

“Winning games is a habit and we must win against Hull in the replay,” “We did very well in the first game to get a draw and this is a very good chance now to get to the Fourth Round.”

“We know that the league is probably the most important thing for us right now but a good cup run could also help that.” “Also the fans will enjoy a cup run very much and we have a chance to give them that.

“Hull will not be an easy game but being at home is a big bonus and I think we will win.”

It is now 4 games without a win, so we are due a win tomorrow night, and with Hull City on a very poor run of form of late – they were beaten again last weekend – we should really be able to get through tomorrow night, especially since Hull City are putting a priority on staying in the Premier League this season.

If we don’t it will be a massive disappointment for the Newcastle faithful, since there’s not much left of the season, except maybe a fight against relegation once again, like we’ve endured over the last couple of seasons.

Come on lads – let’s get through so we can take on Crewe Alexandra or Milwall at St. James’ Park in the 4th round  – that tie is being played tonight with a 7:45 pm kick off at The Alexandra Stadium.

• Mark-o

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I wouldn’t mind a decent cup run either, as in all the way to the final and then winning it!!!

• Toon_Sydney

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

ok lets hope we beat Hull then win our 4th round game (should be fine) but we need some upsets to manu, chelsea

• beyethegreat

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM

ok lads

just for a bit of fun and partley coz i had nout better to do i made up a song that expresses how i feel about ashley

to the tune of sing a daio

ashley

we hate a-a-ashley

the window comes and he sells our players

ashley

we hate a-a-ashley

the window comes and he sells our players

1 player
    2 player’s
    3 player’s

near relegation and he wants to sell more

5 player’s
    6 player’s
    7 player’s

well be in the championship at this rate

• beyethegreat

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

i realize that was pointless but i am bored

and its true

• batty

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM

BEYETHE GREAT BUT U ARE RITE

• beyethegreat

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM

batty // Jan 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM

BEYETHE GREAT BUT U ARE RITE

• RyanToon

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

guti is our best player

• batty

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

ASHLEY makes freddy shepperd look like mary poppins ha

• arctoa

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:44 AM

If I could trade being dumped out by Hull for a respectable 9th-11th finish in the league I’d take it without question, which just goes to show how far the club has fallen in recent years.

• Shanghaitoon

Jan 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I actually met Jonas recently. It was on New years eve and I was on my way back from Venice via Paris. He got on the bus at Paris taking us to the plane and he was with his brother and family. I was sure it was him and when I spoke to him he immediately shook my hand and started to chat like we were old mates. What a great bloke. No fancy designer labels or bling and no pretentions. He was really friendly. On the plane he was near the back not in Biz class, and when we got to Newcastle I asked him if I could have my photo taken with him, and he agreed straight away. also got his autograph.

When I asked him what he thought of Newcastle, he just said … Cold!! Ha ha.. He was very complimentary about the rest of the team, especially Michael Owen, but he thinks michael will leave in the Summer.

Funnily enough, I also met Oba Martins on the plane from amsterdam on 19th Dec when I was returning home to Newcastle from Shanghai for Xmas. Oba was dripping in leather and bling with a big diamond studded watch and Louis Vuitton luggage!! He sat in Biz class and I couldn’t get near him. Bit of a contrast! 🙂

I’ll be putting the pic of myself with Jonas on my Flickr site (www.flickr.com/photos/dragonroy) for those who may not believe me… 🙂