Joe Kinnear Offered Very Lucrative Newcastle Contract

Joe Kinnear has told Sky Sports today that he has been offered a lucrative contract to stay on as Newcastle manager, by owner Mike Ashley, which he is at the moment mulling over.

joe-kinnear-etet

Joe Kinnear – offered lucrative contract by Ashley

Joe told Sky Sports today:

“I am just mulling things over in my head at the moment.”

“I have been offered a very lucrative contract.”

“Mike and the Chairman and I have sat down and talked about taking the club forward and investing in the the club in the summer.”

Joe has also given a longer interview to some newspapers and here’s what he said to them this afternoon:

“I have been offered a very lucrative contract (at Newcastle). I’ve now got a really strong foothold in the club and things are turning back my way. “

“Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias and I sat down and talked about taking the club forward and about reinvesting in the club in the summer.”

“But I said to them first and foremost, we have to work hard and establish ourselves as a Premier League side and get away from the relegation fight. ”  ‘I really don’t need anymore distractions than that.”

“What I suggested to the club was that we all sit down in the summer and look at each other and say what direction do we want to take the club in, refinancing it, letting players go and bringing in my own players.”

‘I’ll also see what my wife and family have to say about the situation of moving up here permanently.”

‘The more I do, the more I realised how much I missed it. Every time I come in and do the training work with the players I start telling myself it’s fantastic that this is part of my life, I really enjoy this.”

“This is the good part of the game, working with the talented players.”

This has come as a surprise since we had thought that Ashley would only give Joe another contract depending on how Joe did through the rest of the season.

But it seems that during their transfer discussions and talk about how best to move this club forward, Mike may have been impressed with some of Joe’s ideas, and the good news is at least we’ll have some continuity now in terms of players coming into the club in January, since if Joe accepts, the same manager will be in place in the summer and next season.

Also Michael Owen and Shay Given will now know who the manager is going to be longer term, which is either good or bad news for them, depending on what they think of Kinnear. 😀

But Joe has made it clear at every turning, that he wants to keep both of Newcastle’s very best players.

The good news is that this will further help to stabilize the club, and presumably Mike will give Joe a lot more money to spend in the summer. But it also seems Joe may not sign a contract until the summer.

During the next transfer window, there should be a lot more of our target players available.

While we have gone after quite a few players in January, there are lots not available, if only because it’s right in the middle of the season, and there will be more chance of getting them in the summer.

• RyanToon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:27 PM

id like to see him stay but why invest in the summer? we need investmant NOW!

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Out of his depth JK.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Big Sam is better than JK..Look at the results.

I want a better owner,better manager,much better players and better football.

Ashley is an idiot.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM

“Mike and the Chairman and I have sat down and talked about taking the club forward and investing in the the club once we are in the championship.”

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I wish he would offer lucrative contracts to players.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Its always next summer,next window blah blah with Ashley…Idiot.

• beyethegreat

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM

• valle

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Im not too happy… It will also mean that MA will stay and keep milking our money.

• murvar

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM

This is a sad day if what JFK is saying is true. The man is hopeless. He is out of his depth, tactically bankrupt, and we haven’t had evidence that he he can spot a player. His personal demeanour is appalling and he brings the club further into disrepute. Ashley has got his yes man – Sam and KK were too big for him. It seems MA is resigned to making the club another Sheffield Wednesday or Notts Forest – who sacked Joe by the way.

• valle

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM

this club and its owners have always been surrounded be deceit and lies.

• Nick D

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM

The worst possible news ever. That’s going to send season ticket sales through the roof – not. More same old same old. Crap owner, crap manager.

Ashley’s only plus point is the youth who Joke kinnear won’t play. If kinnear really is here next season, after 38 years, that really will be it for me.

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM

What is worrying is that the forgotten man of football, who was the only man mad enough to take Newcastle UNited when we were up a certain creek without a paddle, now he has experienced working up here, even he wont sign a contract straight away!

Role back to when he first took over, he would have snapped your arm off for a permanent contract, how times have changed!!

Reoder is available !

• murvar

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Nick D – I agree. All sense of excitement and passion and commitment to the club has been squeezed out of me after 34 years of pumping money into it. I’ll be off at the end of the year.

• Nick D

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Kinnear makes Allardyce look like brazil !!!!!!!
    2 shockingly awful managers as bad as each other and a disgrace to the beautiful game.
    What have we done to deserve this?

• hitman

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:40 PM

DISGRACE

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Ashley must have gone mad…JK is a dirty old greasy tool..he even looks like tramp.

• roblee7

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM

i am gutted if JK stays long term, was perfectly happy with him staying this season. As long as he keeps us up is all i care about, and then next summer new manager, chairman and new players…yeah couple loan signings now n one or two permanent, wouldn’t make sense to spend too much though if he was just staying the season as new manager would come in and sell em probly! im confused at NUFC…JK certainly is not the answer long term…

• Doocey

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I’m all for it. You lot want another chop and change before the end of the season? That would guarantee relegation!!

It would be a good move, the players like him and he’s a honest man, what more can you ask for? We haven’t a hope of getting a better manager like Rjikard if you think we have!!

• Stuart79

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:44 PM

We’ve tried all the big names!

If he’s to be given the job he needs the tools to do it!

He doesn’t want the job obviously or he’d have signed already.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:44 PM

JK is a lying pig..all he does is lie through his teeth.

• jim

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:44 PM

i had higher hopes for the club to be honest! was hoping for a sale to arabs or yanks who would take it furthur forward-looks like the people who said ashley was buying time were rite-hes got his feet under the table now and is happy to struggle from week to week as we put money through the turnstiles-was the hull attendance not proof enuff that people are losing faith?-and patience-its like 2 steps forward and seven steps back with newcastle-on the pitch and behind the scenes-yes we mite have squared some debt off but were not enthralled with the football are we? no wonder king kev scooted-probs glad to be away from it all-bring back sir john hall n fat fred!

• hitman

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM

jk,is ashleys puppet

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Doocey JK an honest Man?

You are talking out of your backside buddy.

• Stuart79

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Portsmouth have confirmed their interested in Saviola!

We should get in there man!

• Doocey

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Stuart Stuart Stuart.
    Its not all that simple my friend, he’ll have to move, upfoot his family from their snug home and village, he’s in his sixties and has minor health problems and its a very big decision to make.

• roblee7

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM

anyone heard any news on transfers/these loans that were meant to be sorted within 48 hours??? sorry, i mean NOW! why come out and say stuff like this to the fans like deadlines on transfers, when they NEVER happen? never thought id say this, but i wish freddy shepherd would come back!!! at least we were stable and invested in players…rather than Ashley spending 100mil or whatever to clear our debt, why he not gamble (he is a gambler after all, yeah?) n spend that money on the team to propell us into champions league n pay off debt with success???i know why, coz he wanted to be able to sell in future incase things went pear shaped, which they have. crap chairman if you ask me, at least freddy gambled

• 1974

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Great, Paid upfront for 3 years of season tickets, thinking Keegan was gonna be here, and Joe F’Kin Kinnear gets offered the job long term.

Cheers Mike, I’ve got his terrible subs, bizarre news conferences and hearings with the FA to look forward to.

Fantastic.

• Doocey

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:48 PM

He’s honest, maybe too honest.
    He tells us who we’re after, and you must realise his comments after often to send the media the other way, especially after the Simon Bird incident.

I’m in favour of him for one.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Doocey he is inept..look at the tactics there isn’t any : )

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Doocey

I’m in favour of keeping him.

I’m just not sure its for the right reason though, i’m just sick of chopping and changing managers and getting no where.

• toonmick1

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Jesus thank you MA,you have just made my mind up i am not coming back , how can you give a man a new contract who so far has won only 4 out of 17 games !!!! part of me has just died >>>>>>

• Doocey

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM

sirjasontoon, we have played some very nice football under Kinnear, but saying that I agree he might’nt be technically aware of Arsenal type football.
    That’s what coaches are there for!
    Nice too see that Real Entertainers, i am too, finally some stability for once. If he keeps them up and struggles in his 2nd year from now (2011) THEN consider his position.

Just look at Villa..

• roblee7

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM

i want sven

• BlacknWhite Barmy

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM

What a +firjing farce – the bloke is not up to it – 3 reds in how many matched – cant attract players, has no plan B – of course he will bite fatashes hand off – where else could someone so incompetent get paid so well.
    You have to remember he is trying his hardest now to earn a contract – god help us when he is in the comfort zone !!!

• Stuart79

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Doocey,Doocey,Doocey

Why over the last 3 months all we’ve heard from him is that he wants the job full time!

Now all of a sudden he’s offered it and he wants to think about it!

Come on Doocey, he’s seen something he doesn’t like and he’s not too keen now!

• dcbashore

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM

JK makes Roeder look like Capello. Keep him to the end of the season and then look for someone competent.

• workyticket

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:59 PM

If he’s having second thoughts after saving us, it’s no wonder judging by many of the comments on here. We Newcastle supporters are the most childish, impatient, disruptive bunch of ingrates ever to grace the league. That’s why no-one else would touch us with a bargepole unless they get paid way over the odds, like Allardyce and Keegan.

• toonmick1

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Can anyone tell me how he has merrited a new contract please, because if he has i must be cracking up coz icant see it

• Stuart79

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I think you’re being a bit harsh on Joe to be honest.

He’s done a fantastic job given the circumstances, the fact that he’s getting anything out of the players considering he’s only temp speaks volumes for him.

Also consider the injuries we’ve had.

He deserves a crack I think, but he must be supported by the board and I mean financially!

Stability is what we need!

• Doocey

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Stuart you have a point and I respect that one.
    I agree all might not be pretty behind the scenes and that needs sorting but he said :

“But I said to them that first and foremost, we have to work hard and establish ourselves as a Premier League side and get away from the relegation fight.

“I really don’t need any more distractions than that. What I suggested to the club was that we all sit down in the summer and look at each other and say what direction do we want to take the club in, refinancing it, letting players go and bringing in my own players.

“I’ll also see what my wife and family have to say about the situation of moving up here permanently.”

Can you blame him? No point really taking it on the foundation that he’s taking for granted that Newcastle will be a Premier League team next season. However I can guarantee you he will take the job once and when we hopefully survive this Premier League campaign

1 2 3 11