Kinnear – We’ll Be Ready For Blackburn Rovers

Joe Kinnear will have his troops ready for the game at Blackburn tomorrow afternoon, and they will have forgotten about the unfortunate FA Cup replay in mid-week, when we had no luck at all – let’s be honest – and the lads did their very best.

joe-kinnear-erte

Joe Kinnear – looks like he hasn’t slept for quite a while

Kinnear told the Chronicle today:

“Whatever they throw at us, we have to be prepared for.” “It will be the same sort of policy we had when we went to Chelsea.”

“They are a fresh side and they have not played as many games as we have, but I still believe we are capable of taking something out of the game.”

“Whatever happens, our next four games are all against teams below us, and it is a good chance to put distance between us and them and take things from there.”

Big Sam Allardyce left St. James’ Park just over 12 months ago, and if Sam thought the club was in a little turmoil when he was there, things have got a lot worse since he left, with a couple of new managers in aftre him in the last 12 months.

Sam always worked hard on set pieces and Joe Kinnear has done the same, since that seems the best way these days to manufacture some goals, but Joe plays a more attacking and entertaining style of football that Big Sam never uld have – he’s just too defensive minded.

Joe continued:

“Sam plays to his strengths, like I did when I was at Wimbledon.” “I think every manager does.”

“Stoke City this season are playing to their strengths, but you have to be ready for it.”

Joe was appointed the manager a day before the home game against Blackburn – and this is how he was afrter Balckurn scored their second gaol through Samba, from aSTevben Taylor error – just before half time.

joe-kinnear-376

Joe Kinnear – welcome to Newcastle Joe c:

But at half time Joe used some nice blue language (and Gutierrez had to translate for Fabricio), and the lads played a lot better in the seocnd half with certainly a lot more urgency and spirit, and they came back to 2-1 and were unlucky not to get a point that day.

That was our 5th defeat in a row and the Everton 2-2 draw next week, which was Joe’s first official game in charge, finally  stopped the rot, but we’re still struggling from those 4 league defeats in a row after Keegan left.

But Joe is nothing if not upbeat and he feels there are quite a few positives since then:

“When I took the job it was the day after the Blackburn game.”

“That put them six points clear, but since then we have turned it around and we are a few points ahead of them.”

“We have progressed, whereas they have not.”

“Since then, I think we have done exceptionally well to reach the position we are in now.”

Meanwhile, Allardyce has defended his record at Newcastle United after being sacked last  January, which in truth was not too bad since we had 26 points when he left:

“My question is – why should I get any stick?

“When we went to Blyth, which is just north of Newcastle, for our FA Cup tie, I was told I was going to get it, and yet I’ve never signed so many autographs and posed for so many photos.”

“There was the odd one shouting ‘you fat *******’ but I get that wherever I go!” “Newcastle had 26 points when I was sacked and we were 11th.”

“There seems to be a perception put about that I did a bad job – even though, in our first 10 games, we had the best start for a decade.”

“If you look at Kevin’s and Joe’s records, I think mine stands up against theirs.”

We think Sam was sacked more for the style of his play since Chris Mort and Mike Ashley wanted Newcastle to play an entertaining type of  game.

We’re not sure Sam will get stick – after the all the man did his very best for the club, let’s fact it, and he just couldn’t get us going quickly enough, with the high expectations at that time with Mike Ashley having just come in.

We’re a lot wiser now – excuse the pun.

But when you are a manager you have to have very thick skin, with strong nerves – that’s for sure- and Sam and Joe seem to have both.

• kingkinnear

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:10 PM

we barely have a starting 11 to threaten or even get a draw at ewood park!

• RyanToon

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM

i dont usually make score predictions but here goes

Blackburn 0-1 Newcastle

• lesh

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Ready for Blackburn eh? SNAFU!!!

• Toon Graeme

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I would say 2 – 1 to Blackburn. Gonna get shot for saying that.

• DJG

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Not the Dudley pie face.

• lesh

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM

re …… Ed thinks Sam was sacked more for the style of his play since Chris Mort and Mike Ashley wanted Newcastle to play an entertaining type of game.

The only entertainment we seem to be getting is the off-pitch spats.

Surely even MA must realise that if he wanted entertaining football, he’d have needed to open the cash box and buy some entertaing players.

Did he? Has he?

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:17 PM

If Espanyol want rid of Finnan after 6 months and he failed and he has failed a medical at Hull then that isn’t a good sign. Has only played 6 times for Espanyol since August , 5 starts and 1 sub appearance. If it is till the end of the season to cover for Beye while he is out then i can understand but what is the point if he will be joining him in the treatment room most of the time anyway.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM

It’s going to have to be:

Given, Edgar, Coloccini, Bassong, Enrique, N’Zogbia, Butt, Guthrie, Jonas, Owen, Carrol

Though i would prefer to drop Butt and have Zog play in the middle and have to cope with having Duff in the side.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:24 PM

The Chronicle are saying we are still waiting on M’Bia and this story is after the Setanta Sports one.

All the other major news programmes are not reporting that our bid has been rejected as of yet either however the only downside is that Setanta are carrying a quote from some Rennes official. The only hope we have is that the player is putting pressure on the club to allow him to leave so that he can come to the premiership.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:27 PM

What is this all about as well. Kinnear has apparently said when asked:

Kinnear said today: “We are still trying to get both of them (Mbia and Gomis). We are trying our hardest for them.

So why are we told that he has also said that we are not after Gomis either but a one with a similar name. The guy must enjoy confusing us.

• DJG

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:27 PM

‘the man did his very best for the club, let’s fact it, and he just couldn’t get us going quickly enough’

vintage

• Toon Graeme

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Dont always quote on the Chronicle being today as they qtes are normally from the day before and some get lifted from the NUFC website news section.

I would know that the paper is printed from about 10-11am ish (1st edition) so I think the reports and/or stories have to be in smartish in the am. Dont qte me on the times. I only know cause me father in law works in the printers yard for the Chronicle.

Setanta also quoted that the KaKa deal was off as he wanted to stay and grow old at the club! Look how that turned out.

By rights – if they have knocked back it should be on NUFC website as official news (like Wham yesterday – which stinks doesnt it)

• sirjasontoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I smell an Ewood disaster..hope I am wrong but I just can’t see us even getting a point.

Having to employ the same tactics at blackburn as we did at chelski speaks for itself really…I see us creating little and scoring non.

If we employ the chelsea approach which was basically defend all game and create no shots on goal I can’t see it being an exiting spectacle either.

• murphy

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Yeah, i’m sorry folks but I really can’t see us getting anything at blackburn. Sam will have a big point to prove and we’ve got half a team fit.

I recon it’ll be 3-1 to blackburn.

• Brettoon

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM

You never know….

I think we actually might win tomorrow.

I’m really p1ss bored at work

• heavyhittas

Jan 16, 2009 at 9:37 PM

As far as disaster goes I felt the back four played very well on Weds, Hull had one chance and scored. Nzog had a great run and could have scored goal of the season. Edgar appears to have confidence in himself now and slotted in well next to Colo. I dont see Blackburn stuffing us in all honesty. The result, as on weds, will depend on our midfield and the strikers !!