Kinnear Is Disappointed For The Newcastle Supporters

Newcastle supporters are stunned tonight that a team 5 points beneath us in the league, and of course managed by our former boss Sam Allardyce,  could presumably take us apart in the second half at Ewood Park this afternoon.

joe-kinnear-news

Joe Kinnear – didn’t see this result coming
If Joe doesn’t know it yet, he will soon find out that Newcastle fans are impatient for success, really impatient for success, and are unwilling to be told that success is just around the corner.

That’s what’s been said to the fans ever since the great Bobby Robson was sacked by the club, and Newcastle seems to be sinking fast under Mike Ashley. Things are always going to be better some short time in the future.

We were told there will be new players coming in to bolster a far too small a squad decimated by injuries, but it’s now over half way through the transfer window and not one player has been signed and not one player has been sold.

But Joe has tried to calm Newcastle fans’ fears after this calamitous result:

“We dominated the first half, we created chances and I am bitterly disappointed with the decision but these things go against you,”

“You know as well as I do, the turning point was definitely the penalty, whether it was a penalty or not I am not sure .”

“But I think that it is the third one the same referee (Rob Styles) has given against us this season.”

“I could never see that result coming. But having said that, after the penalty, I thought we went a little bit ragged, everybody was upset on the pitch and off it.”

“Instead of keeping our concentration and getting on with the game, I think we started pushing forward, leaving gaps at the back.”

Joe added that he was disappointed for the incredible supporters – there were over 4500 of the Newcastle faithful at Ewood Park this afternoon – and he expressed disappointment for those who had come in their  thousands:

“Nothing has changed as far as I am concerned – I said when I took over the club we are fighting a relegation battle and that is exactly what we are doing,”

“It is up to us to get ourselves out of this position that we are in. As I said when I came, the first game I saw was against Blackburn and at that particular time they were nine points ahead of us.”

“Thankfully we are now two points ahead of them still but nevertheless it is a bitter pill to swallow, I am disappointed for the supporters immensely, my heart goes out to them,”

“It has been a poor day for all of us, but the penalty was definitely the turning point.” “At the moment I know I am playing players half-fit and I know I shouldn’t be doing that.”

“But I am and I am chopping and changing, I am trying to do the best I possibly can and get so much time out of those players.”

“But each time I put them on, I know that I am going to lose them for the following week so it really is a very difficult and tiring time for me.”

“I know we can be a lot better than we have, I know the team’s capable of beating teams and I know that we are going to stay up – so I can get that message across to the fans.”

“But obviously they are frustrated – they are fantastic fans, they are crying out for success and at the moment.”

“We are playing survival football and we are doing nothing more than that and obviously they expect more than that so I am aware of that and I am as sick as they are.”

There will be some gloom and doom on Tyneside this week, how could there not be, as supporters start to understand that we have a more than decent chance of being relegated from the Premier League for the first time ever.

Newcastle must press forward and Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise and Derek Llambias must get some new players through the door in January. It’s much harder to get good new players in, when you play in the Championship.

And if the team gets relegated, then the price of the famous Newcastle United club will drop by half – at least – and the Board and Mike Ashley have to understand what that means – at least in money terms.

The Board needs to fix things, and fix them quickly – that’s the job of the Board and they’ve absent without leave for far too long.

• Toon Graeme

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM

If this is not enough to the board and MA that we are in the brown floaty stuff then they long term plan is to go down and never see top flight again. Thinks it hard up here – wait until its more games a year to play!!!!!

JFK – you talk the talk but the team dont walk the walk.

PLEASE MA, WISE and LAZYVOICELESS ARSE (Llambias) wake up and see what a shambles we are.

On another note. I got the latest NUFC mag in the post today with JFK on the front – I cant bring myself to even look at it! Thats how pissed off I am tonight and football first is on in an hour! Gonna watch it for myself.

• Stuart79

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:22 PM

This is total spin!!!!

He said that because he heard the fans singin about him and Ashley!

I think Alistair Campbell would be proud of the spin coming out of this club!

• shearer4pm

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM

im jus glad theres sum poor teams down here with us,
    i hate to say it but i think spurs will end up top half
    as will wigan, and probably fulham
    hull will be fighting relagation by the end of the season, along with stoke and west brom,
    i think man city will buy there way out of trouble,
    middlesbrough and sunderland will be down with us
    choose out of
    newcastle
    boro
    sunderland
    hull
    west brom
    stoke
    bolton
    blackburn
    portsmouth
    i think it will be west brom, portsmouth and stoke, and i really hope it is, need sum gud times now, gud manager, with a gud reputation, new owners, chris mort back, why didnt that man city bloke buy us 🙁 wud of made much more sense

• jonny

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM

i was at the game today, we did sing about ashley but nout about kinnear except that he should bring on spiderman, we were amazing in the fan department, a whole stand filled and out sung them for whole game- was no contest though, they didnt sing one song whole game until after their third goal, at which point they all started taunting us.

crap stadium, awful fans, makes me sick that they got the win, they dont deserve it with tht support.

• Stuart79

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Shearer4pm – Can you really see us staying up if we don’t invest in the 1st team squad now?

• Jezza

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I just hope Kinnear will do the decent thing and walk at the end of the season. He is not up to the job and I’m sick and tired of all the nonsense he is constantly spouting off in his real role as Ashley’s propaganda mouthpiece. Kinnear’s ineptitude is just accelerating our decline and he has clearly demonstrated why no club would touch him with a bargepole for four years till Ashley came calling.

There is definitely doom and gloom on Tyneside now. Not only is relegation guaranteed, we are so bad that Ashely’s shambolic running of the club will probably see us relegated again next season, to the third tier of English football, with or without Kinnear.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Joe you are not as sick as we are mate. We have been putting up with this sort of thing most of our lives. You only started caring a few months ago because you are payed to.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:39 PM

On form the only teams worse than us are Middlesbrough and Tottenham. Spurs will buy their way out of trouble. The same cannot be said for us. We have to rely on grit and determination but right now we have a team that collapses like a flan in a cupboard when we concede a goal.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Does anyone else think it’s time for Lua Lua, Godsmark and Ranger to step in and show the rest what it means to play for the club. I don’t buy that they are too inexperienced, 18, 19 years old is not too young when you consider the amount of 16 year olds you see making their debuts for clubs around us like Jack Rodwell at Everton, Wiltshire at Arsenal, Nathan Delfouneso at AstonVilla.

• Californication

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Dan_Scott- Spurs can buy all the players that they want and they will still be no better off than us in terms of league position, that much has been proven.

• Stuart79

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Dan – I thinks it’s time for anyone who can create more than a fart after a night out in the big market!

We create very little clear cut chances!

We will b relegated without a couple more cm

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Californication

They will add balance to their team with Palacios, Yeh they won’t be much higher but they have more going than us at the moment. At least here is a plan and action is being made to rectify the problems they have.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:46 PM

*there

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM

*I wish my typo was actually true and there was a plan ‘ here ‘

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Well Joey Barton is back and though he has never played like he can here he offers more hope than Nicky Butt. In a way i’m glad Butt got himself suspended, the guy should be retired with his slippers on now not letting us down on a football pitch. Though saying that i liked how he kicked the ball at Styles, shame Ewood park didn’t havea couple of house bricks lying around, One for Styles and the other for that grinning slug Jabba the Hut.

• RyanToon

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM

some of you need to get of kinnears back, what can he do without any backing? most of you went mad at ashley when keegan went which is fair enough so why get on kinnears back? hes in the same trouble as keegan was!!!!!!

• Californication

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Dan_Scott- I have to agree with you on your last point. Say what you want about Spurs, but to their credit, they are always very proactive when it comes to the transfer window. They are always looking to make things happen, whereas under Ashley we tend to sit back for far too long.

• dcbashore

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Is it bad that I think of this guy every time any statement comes out of the club?

• tino97

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM

We may as well back Joe, he is going to be here at least to the end of the season. He might not be the fans favourite. But we should give him and the team our support. Just going to make things worse getting on his back constantly. He is the manager like it or not!

• phoonck

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM

well, for those still guessing who the argentinian(possible loan), its probably Juan Pablo Sorin..

• Californication

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I must say, I was very dissapointed with fans who were chanting Keegan’s name towards the latter part of the game. That kind of ‘support’ really does more harm than it does good. Keegan is not going to drag us out of this mire, Kinnear is, and for that we must give him our full backing.

• AndyNUFC

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Jonny comment 4, exactly what I was going to say.

First ever away game for me, class crack, just wish we could have had a win to make it a great day.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM

As fans we will now look to cheer ourselves up by seeing what transfers we are looking to make. If we get let down again in this area expect no more chants of ‘Joe Kinnear your having a laugh’ but a full blown riot.

• Christoon

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:08 PM

TBH i dont think joe is that bad. His constant babbling to the press about crap does piss me off but before the injuries and rediculous decisions crept back our back four were performing and the rest was coming. I think boxing day against wigan was the turning point. But if ashley isnt at the cashpoint checking his balance i’d be surprised. To stop this team going down he is going to need to spend, FACT.

• batty

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:08 PM

tino97 weve back kinnear and the team to the hilt and ware dus it get us .no ware so why dont ashley kinnear wise and co just fcking go and die the bstards

• murvar

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Dan Scott= “collapses like a flan in a cupboard!” Please explain. This maybe a football blog but we need to be educated about both metaphors and baking. It’s more interesting than the football at the moment. Did you get that one from your Grandma?

• batty

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:10 PM

californian chris toon you fck off as well u pare ov dcks

• tino97

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Batty fair enough…

But getting another manager between now and the end of the season could make things worse. I’m just saying we have Kinnear till the end of the season by the fans getting on his back, just making things more difficult! But thats just what I think, I’m sure others think different!

Phoonck…

Why do you say Sorin?

• RyanToon

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:12 PM

no joke, id play haris vuckic and caio ferreira in the game at man city

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:13 PM

murvar

No i think i got that one from Eddie Izzard when he described the Ottoman Empires slow collapse ‘like a flan in a cupboard’ If you don’t refrigerate a flan it will collapse so i suppose it would do so in a cupboard.

• Tel

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I have been at ewwood today, and have spent thousands following the toon over the years, comparitively speaking I often do without other things to attend games home and away. I have been saying for thirty odd years one days we will win something. Never has that day seemed further away (unless its the championship next year or div one the year after) Kinnear is full of mike ashleys s**t. Mike ashley is s**t and the dwarf is seeing that he destroys a famous club. Anyone who thinks we are too big to go down look at Leeds, Forest and even Charlton, where are they after losing top flight status. Ashley is repotedly worth only 750 million approx. How much does he need. pound for pound and percentage wise the toon faithful put in far more than this prick ever will. Wake up and stare relegation in the face, who can we beat if not someone below us in the table? Ashley out, Wise Out And kinnear out at the end of this season. They are all jokes. An angry disillusioned true fan.

• RyanToon

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM

batty, fans like you ruin our club, wanting managers sacked every month, the disease in this club is mike ashley NOT KINNEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM

First transfer story post Blsckburn. Not reliable source but you pray that it’s true.

• batty

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM

TEL here here mate

• Girth

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM

dcbashore
    hahahahahaha that had me cracked up, forgot about him!!!
    “no, there are no coalition tanks in baghdad”
    …..as one has its turret pointed at his office! lol

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Vuckic and Ferreira. What if Shola is back by then. Are you not one of the many people including Dave and Joe Kinnear that are addicted to him.

• batty

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM

RYAN TOON get a brain and relise jokiner is doing what ashley tells him . kinnear nothing but a lyeing tw at

• Californication

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM

batty- It’s not like you have much choice is it? For what it’s worth, just get behind the man.

• batty

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:20 PM

they all pi ss in the same pot

• Stuart79

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Look guys, I’m a bit sick of the people who are coming on here saying we should be more patient and give Joe and Ashley a chance.

We as the paying customers have every right to complain.

But more than that, no other set of supporters has had to put up with such dross year after year!!!!

I think it’s time we let the owner and board know whta we think.

I’m fed up of Ashley coming out with the odd statement spouting shit. That’s all it is!

He takes us for granted because he’s convinced we would never turn our back on the club. He’s right of course but we need to do something!

W e just can’t continue on this fast track to oblivion!

We need to stand up and be counted, because I’ll guarentee everyone on here that if we don’t we will be in the Fizzy league without a fckin paddle!!!!

SHEARER,SHEARER!!!!