Sky Sports is reporting that Newcastle United have again won the race to sign another highly-rated youngster, this time it’s Slovenian 16 year-old youngster Haris Vuckic from NK Domzale.
Harris Vuckic – 16 year old attacking midfielder
Sky Sports is reporting that the gifted 16 year old teenager is regarded as one of Europe’s brightest talents, and reports suggest he underwent a recent trial at AC Milan. We’re not sure how much Newcastle paid for him but we understand it’s around £400K, for the young Solovenian.
But Newcastle have definitely secured his signature, with the attacking midfielder Vuckic signing a three-and-a-half-year deal at St James’ Park. The youngster currently stands at 6’2″ tall and is probably still growing.
So another top youngster will be arriving at the club in January, along with 18 year-old Brazilian forward Cai Ferreirra, so we continue to bring future top players (hopefully) into the Tyneside club – sounds good to us.
The capture demonstrates Newcastle’s growing policy of scouring the world in the search of top up and coming talent to bring to Tyneside, and then develop the youngsters through the Newcastle Youth Academy, under the watchful eye of Director, Richard Money.
Just rounding off the current transfer situation with half of the 33 day transfer window over today:
- It looks like Reenes have turned down our offer of £5M for midfielder Stephane Mbia – so we’re not sure what happens now
- There will be a trial game next Tuesday involving Peter Lovenkrands and our two proposed loan signings – one Italian and one Argentine – so presumably we may hear we have three players into the club after that trial game, if all goes well
- At least two top youngsters will come into the club in January, and hopefully even more – we got five top youngsters in last January.
- Joe has said there will be new investment in players in the summer, and we assume at some point he will accept the formal offer made by Ashley – but it may not be until the summer.
We just cannot see Joe turning away from what he has said many times before is the dream job for him
- There was news today that we had had an offer of £1.3M accepted by Espanyol for former Liverpool full-back Steve Finnan, after the Hull City deal fell through. But we have heard nothing more about that – so we’re not sure if it is a true story or not – but we hope it is, because we can use Steve for the rest of the season, and maybe another season to allow some of our youngsters to come through at the club.
But we must keep pushing ahead in the transfer market as we’d like to see at least 5 top players into the club by February 2nd, when the window closes – which is two weeks on Monday.