Kinnear – I Love The Newcastle Club And the People

There are reasons why we could argue that we should have got more out of the game on Saturday – and one of them was another very dubious decision by Rob Styles to award a penalty against David Edgar.

david-edgar-12345.jpg

David Edgar – harshly judged to have fouled McCarthy

David made the mistake of touching Benny McCarthy in the penalty box and the South African took a dive, like he had been hit by a speeding bullet, and that’s the 9th penalty we’ve conceded this season. And was David preferred to Steven Taylor at right back, or was Taylor carrying an injury?

But there’s nothing we can do about what happened on Saturday now – other than learn from the game and the mistakes we made – and press on. It’s good that the lads have 10 days off, because they can regroup and be ready for the Man City game, and we need to show every fight the lads can muster for the full 90 minutes – they have to show the pride and passion that is Newcastle United in that game.

Despite all the furstrations and challenges that come with the Newcastle manager job, the fighting Irishman has no intention of walking away from the biggest job and biggest challenge Joe will ver have in football – as he said today:

“I love the game, so I’m going to fight my corner,”

“It’s a massive job and I like the people up here.”

“I love the club and being back in the Premier League. I said I’d keep Newcastle up and I intend to do that.”

“Once we get two or three players back fully fit – and I mean fully fit – I think we’ll be all right.”

“Only time will tell, but I’m very confident we will stay up.”

We (Ed) took a quite a bit of stick when we had the article out yesterday that basically said that replacing Kinnear at Newcastle was just not the answer.

But since he’s at least our manager through the summer, and he’s doing his utmost to keep the club afloat, in difficult circumstances he hardly created, surely the fans, even if they hate the man, can get behind him and the players, for the rest of the season, for the goods of the club.

That’s all we ask – we are like any other fans of Newcastle United, we want the club to do great,  and we’re desperately disappointed with things right now.

And quite honestly, we don’t really care how we become great again, and if that means it’s through an unfashionable manager like Joe Kinnear , that’s OK with us, just as long as the club is making good progress in the right direction.

• nufctoon

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM

does he ever shut up btw ed can u put something on the steve harper bid

• Ed Harrison

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Yes – coming up.

• Drunken Steve

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:42 AM

“I’ve inherited this, everyone’s forgotten that. They’re not my players,” he added.

“What is the squad situation here? Why wasn’t it addressed prior to me by the manager before? I’m carrying the can for it, simple as that.”
    From the Sunday Sun.

Top Managment Joe, what a way to inspire your team!

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I honestly dont think sacking Joe now would help and he should remain for the rest of the season.

But for Ashley to offer him a contract during his worst spell and at a time when fans confidence in the team is at an all time low in the PL, is just plain stupid!

If there wasnt enough for the fans to grumble about, this move by Ashley just stoked the flames of a very angry fire.

• nufctoon

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM

thanks ed ur one of a kind

• Weezertron

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Ed, This is the guy who constantly slags off our own players, to the press no less.

If he has the right to tell us our players stink, then I’m pretty sure we can tell kinnear he’s s**t.

I get the feeling our squad are growing tired of him, as are we.

• Kash

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I don’t understand why a manager should take all the criticism for the failings of his seniors.

All I know is that if I did what was aksed of me, but my boss made a total pigs ear of it, I wouldn’t just sit there and take all the sh*t for it. I’d be stright into my CEO’s office and be telling him that my boss is a f************e.

But Joe doesn’t have that luxury as his boss making a pigs ear is the Owner, and the Owner knows he’s a **************e!!!

• Stuart79

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:48 AM

“Once we get 2 or 3 players fit”

That to me sounds like he knows were bringin nobody in!

God help us!

Kinnear,Llambias and Wise OUT!!!

Bruce and Mort in!

• Kash

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I’m happy with most things that JK has done so far, apart from not changing the coaching staff.

Chris Hughton, Defensive Coach????

Are you having a laugh?

Our coaching is a joke!!!! We need proper coaches, not Spurs rejects whoa re rubbish!

• Kash

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Is Steve Bruce available? I’d have him in a heartbeat, class manager IMO. Right manager we need, someone who has good relationships with all EPL managers and is able to sign half decent players and get them performing!!

• Mags

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I think we have to put up with Joe till the end of the season but I do not want to see him get an extension to his contract.

However, no matter what manager we get in the future, if Ashley is not prepared to put money into strengthening our first team, we are in grave risk of relegation.

• Mags

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Kash (8) could not agree more about the coaching staff, you will be pleased to know Kinnear has engaged Colin Calderwood to join us!!!! I despair.

• jim

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I agree Kash-but the problem lies with the injuries due to having no strength in depth like he’s said-however he shouldnt be blaming Sam or Keegan-now he knows how they felt! its Ashleys fault and yes Wise is bringing the young uns in great, but we need players in the first team NOW-and they still havnt given Nile Ranger or Sameobi a decent shot-im bankin on this window to save our plight-but il not hold my breath eh mike !? Steve Bruce would be a canny manager but i dont think mid seasons the time to disrupt it-or maybe it is? not much to lose have we? lol-i still think even appointin Bruce may end up in the same situation were in now eventually if Mike wont get the wallet out-to be honest we need a miracle and can only hope those below us are worse than us to keep us afloat-unless we have some good players in NOW!

• Toon Graeme

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Its grey over sjp with all that is going on.

Mackem match will be the point where we can either celebrate and bask in some signings and a win against the filth

or

Kick off that we have no one in the door and got beat again – but this time on our stomping ground.

I think the proof is in the training. After a defeat NUFC never learn from the previous mistakes and the finishing is non existant.

Finishing as in some F’ING GOALS!!!

• Kash

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

@Mags – Where did the Calderwood thing come from?

• Kash

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:31 AM

REad the calderwood thing, but it was Tribal Football. Not sure if I believe it though!

Calderwood was a CB for Villa a while back wasn’t he? Not sure what he’s like as a coach, but anything is better than Chris Bloody Hughton, Defensive Saboteur Extraoordinaire!!!

• Nick D

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM

It aint mutual. I can’t stand the lying toe rag.

What is it with our sub average English / British managers. They blame absolutely everyone but their own shortcomings.

JFK likes picking up 50K a week for doing a really crap job and being utterly clueless with tactics and attacks his own players in public – really classy !!!

All of this could have been avoided a long time ago. Yes Allardyce had to go, but someone like Houllier / Ranieri /Deschamps could have come in quietly, being used to a DOF and developing and scouting youth with the idea of actually playing some of them !!

• Jackie

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM

JFK is sounding increasingly desperate and it appears to me that he is being hung out to dry by the powers that be at the club.

• heavyhittas

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Tony Adams was free a while back and instead of signing bum manager after bum manager he would have been a great buy, after all we are notorious for having an iffy defence.