Kinnear To Stay On Only If He Gets Transfer Funds

It seems that Joe Kinnear is not as daft as some people may have thought.

mike-ashley-434

Mike Ashley – what are his real plans for Newcastle United?

There are a lot of questions about why Joe Kinnear wouldn’t just sign the two and a half year contract that Mike Ashley has offered him, since he has said often it is the best job he’ll ever get in football.

Well it seems, maybe after all the goings on with Sam Allardyce and particularly Kevin Keegan, Joe doesn’t exactly completely trust what Mike Ashley’s ambitions are for the club.

Well – would you believe it.   😀

Kinnear – who suggested he would only stay on Tyneside if there was money to spend – told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I have to be aware of which direction the club wants to go in.” “People say we’re too good to go down, but from the day I walked in here nothing’s changed.

“We’re fighting a relegation battle.” “I knew that from day one, but I didn’t expect to be in this position with so many horrendous long-term injuries.”

“I sit down and talk to them (Ashley and Llambias) about my ideas. I want to bring my own players in.”

“There’s a fair amount of players we need at the moment, and I want to make sure I’m in a position to do that.” “We need to look at the situation and say ‘where do we go from here?’”

“That’s the only thing I need to sort out.” “Can I bring in the players I want – and can I get rid of the players that I don’t want?”

“It’s a fantastic club, there’s no question about that, but we need to give the fans what they want.” “I’ve got (an offer of) two- and-a-half years and I’m just mulling it over.

“I’ll make that decision later on. I’ve got it in writing, and am quite happy with everything else, but there’s one or two things I want to sort out.”

The doubt and uncertainty that surrounds the Newcastle United football club right now is just completely uncalled for, and why Mike Ashley doesn’t come out and clarify what’s happening at Newcastle, and tell the fans exactly what he wants to do with the club is now completely beyond us.

Say something Mike to the Newcastle United fans – please – it’s in your best interests.

• Toon_Sydney

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:51 PM

i guess kinnear aint stayin

• MikeAshleyOutNow

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Cya Joe

• DanToon

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Don’t give him any, then he’ll piss off lolol.

• Weezertron

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Taking a quote from my favourite movie the goonies…

“No pen. No write. NO SIGN!”

Aye, if only we had a marble bag full of jewels.

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Here are quotes from Geremi on 7th January

“I want to be involved on the football field. I am nearing the end of my career and I don’t want to sit on the bench.

“I heard there is a bid for me from a club in Europe but I am waiting to decide what to do.

“To be honest, I want to play. If not, we will have to take a decision to satisfy everyone.”

Yet when it involves an inevitable pay cut (Besiktas cannot afford 60k a week in wages for one player)

“I have been linked with a few clubs, but I would say my future is here. Newcastle have not told me I am not wanted, and I do not know if they are trying to sell me,”

“What I know is that I want to play for Newcastle. I said when I signed that I wanted to complete my three years. When you are in football you know what you want. I have no intention to move”

Money and lifestyle come first with this guy, I want to play for the club yeah, yeah, yeah.

• Brettoon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I hate Mike Ashley, Derek LLambias and Dennis Wise!

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:03 PM

There were only 5 games gone when Kinnear came. We have had plenty of opportunities to be out of the mess we are in yet Kinnear has dithered with his subs, picked players simply based on seniority and at times been tactically inept. Think of the games we have thrown away under Kinnear. It’s a long list that i need not even mention.

• nufctoon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:04 PM

THE CHANCES OF A TANSFER FUND IS AS ABOUT AS FAT AS ASHLY

• Fog-on-the-Tyne

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Please leave and take Ashley and co with you!

• Dan_Scott157

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Does Kinnear not realize that when he sits down with Ashley and Wise to talk about his ideas that they are taking the piss and probably not even listening.

Kinnear: I want M’Bia, Gomis, Taiwo, Bullard

Wise: How about Haris Vuknic and Caio Ferreira?

• Fostino

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM

why is joe saying this publicly……………he’s making our club a laughing stock! not even joe will sign a contract with us, and he’s trying to convince other players in the club and outside the club to!! and by the way i don’t even want joe to sign the contract!! his record is terrible, he is not the man to take us forward!! under his guidance, i have never feared relegation more, even though im still optimistic!!

• RyanToon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM

looks like some of you idiots will get your wish of joe leaving, coca cola here we come, thats what some of you want obviously

• Nick 69

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM

fostino- he says everything publicly mate, hes a complete cock and i hope to god he does fcuk off

• Fostino

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM

re Dan_scott, post 5

spot on, that post sums it all up!! wat a mug with his high wages, do us all a fovour and leave!!

• Micky Toon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:18 PM

No doubt the sticking points are the same one’s Benitez currently has with his offer at Liverpool. Joe will want FULL control over the playing staff including transfers.
    Or perhaps he’s just wanting to have it in writing that he is allowed two iced buns with he tea for elevenses and ashley is only offering one.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Go Joe…you have bored SJT to tears.
    Close the door on the way out.

• lesh

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Fostino, Joe’s not daft.

He’s voicing his concerns in public to save his own face – he’ll not want to be party to the current inept stewardship of a football club. you know how it is, the can runs downhill and Joe’s just protecting his own reputation before Ashley and Co try to pin relegation on him.

I’m beginning to believe KK’s version of events as we see more and more of this showers’ duplicity.

• RyanToon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:26 PM

ashley in that picture, looks so smug, id love to wipe that smug look of his face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kash

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM

We should still be targeting youngsters while looking to sign first team players. I like the sound of this boy and the Hungarian, and hopefully they’ll sign and develop well.

But we still need 1st Team players for LB, RB, CM, RM at the very least.

Then we need youngsters to plug the gap in the reserves so that there’s more competition, so the Norwegian players may come in handy for that.

Then we need to sack majority of our coaches and get good quality staff into coach botht eh youngsters and the 1st team.

I keep saying it, but Chris Hughton, Defensive coach – ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH!!!!

AND WHO IS COACHING THE STRIKERS?

• Fostino

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM

re: ryantoon

i hope joe does leave in the summer, his record to be fair is not worthy off a two year contract!! his constant comments of contradiction and folly are becoming a right joke and he is already rubbing up alot of managers the wrong side!! the man actions on the pitch are also a joke…he’s already been dismissed twice and cautioned twice over comments by the F.A! his subsitutions to change a game arent inspiring and cleary he isnt motivating the player enough!! he is not the man to take us forward next (please god were still in the Premier league)

i also hope there is a cull of the over-paid, underperforming deadwood players at the club in the summer and that new players with the toon passion, quality and flair come in, and again i don’t trust joe with this task!! we need a sensibe, tactically aware manager that deserves respect from the players, fans media etc to lead us forward! certainly steve bruce is a candadate for this!!

i also hope the voiceless and equally useless llambias gets the boot and ashley opens his chequebook abit more!

im hoping a huge summer of change for the toon and for the better, and joe is not the man for this IN MY OPINION!!

• RyanToon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM

fostino

it doesnt matter if MOURINHO was manager, ashley wouldnt back him, hes a hucking funt

• Mag 48

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Funny its only now Kinnear realises what Ashley is about.This is the reason KK left!! I would rather KK had been given funds rather than Kinnear I have no faith in his judgement If KK had been backed we would not be in this mess.
    No matter what happens in January were bound for the championship (Nothing much will happen in January!!!)

• Stuart79

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Well that’s that problem gone then. He won’t be here too long!

• Hugh de Payen

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Good on JFK.

I really don’t think he’s a manager that can take us far but I’m glad he’s standing up to Ashley.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Even if we buy Mbia that still aint enough in my opinion.

Needs 30-40m spent now or its goodnight premiership.

• Nick D

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Ryantoon

Kinnear will take us down. He’s a crap awful manager who has tossed away so many points and publicly slagged off players . Way to go Joe – not !!!

I know there will be problems with Ashley and any would be new manger but I wish Kinnear would stop bleating. We have got some good players and some good younger players to come in, if he’d only give them a chance.

Get them motivated and playing decent football, not Wimbledon ”hoofball”.

I would love to be NUFC manager, but Joke has the relegation mindset after only 5 games.

He’s taking 50K a week. I’d do it for nixie.

Injuries are down to whatever Kinnear is doing in training. We need a young guy like Martinez or Deschamps who know that they have to develop youth and use modern technical training methods.

Joe is the ultimate dinosaur. I hope and pray he does walk away.

• THE MAGPIE

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM

There is no way Ashley will commit to anything in terms of new funds-Joe can sell who he likes and buy who he likes as long as it costs nothing.
    What Ashley wants is a Manager who will keep us in the Premiership with no cost until he sells.

• murvar

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:54 PM

It shows how deluded this guy is that he criticises predecessors not dealing with the situation he is now grumbling about. He’s a waste of time. TAXI for KINNEAR!

• Lambiastard

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM

The League managers association probably know all about what Ashley is like from what they have been told by Fat Sam and KK, do you not think that managers talk to each other off the record, cause they do, thats why no desent manager worth his salt came anywhere near the club, only a washed up loser like JFK who could’nt even get a job in the fizzy league after his previous form in that league, he is a old school manager in a modern league, he can’t make tactical decisions and when he does the turn pear shaped (Stoke City) one player picks up an injury so rearanges the half the team out of position to accomodate one position instead of dropping Owen into midfield and bring on Viduka or go 4-3-3 but that would mean changing formation thats also something he’s never heard of would not consider……clown

• geoffb1830

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Wise , Ashley and LLambias is destorying this club. Ashley if you can’t put your money into the club get lost . I for one don’t want my club playing in the championship next season.

Maybe we should start a newcastle utd bank and get the govement to bail us out of this cash problem.

• alanshearersdiscopants

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Anything Cashley says to the fans will be too little too late. I think its refreshing to have a manager who lays his cards on his sleeves and says exactly what he knows and feels.

• Lambiastard

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM

The problem with Ashley is he is a brinksman, thats why he loses a lot at gambling, when everbody else were selling there HBOS shares Ashley was buying them and would not take advice from any of his own financial advisers, because of his arrogence he lost over 350 million, he thinks he knows best, he’s lost over 100 million gamling in casino’s yet wont stump up 20 for transfers, the mans vile

• Hunwick Mags

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM

If Ashley wants to sell the toon things are simple …. Give JFK £10-20 million now and have a chance of staying up… then sell for the money he wants OR give JFK £6-7 million (OR £0) go down then have no chance of selling for your price ……. simple to me …. Its called protecting your investment !!!!!! AND MOST OF ALL MY/OUR FOOTBALL CLUB !!!!

• Mags

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Well its bye then Joe, ‘cos it’s finally dawning on you what Allardyce and KK found out too, our owner has no intention whatsoever of spending any money on our club. He said as much himself after the demonstrations when KK left.

• BenjiToon

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Anyone think this sounds like KK all over again?

• Nick D

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Mags

Kk may have been let down by ashley, but Allardyce spent 6M alone on Smith !!! and bought in sicknote has beens like Viduka, geremi, Cracapa, on huge wages. Yes Ashley may be an arse but Allardyce is also to blame.

• chuck

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Just listen to yourselves, what a bunch of whiners, condeming Joe for everything thats gone wrong and if not Joe then the player(players) you dont particularly like.
    Or theres allways the “sufern press” who dont like Geordies for some obscure reason and of course ‘The Cockney Mafia”whoever they may be?
    Did I miss anyone, oh yes the major culprit, the same guy who joined you in the away stands with his (chucle) Alan Smith Shirt stretched over his beer belly, dont think many turned down a round when he was buying.
    Where did it all turn brown?
    Well guess we should be preparing for the future in the championship league, unless by some miracle M.A. comes up with a couple a bob and we get the reinforcements we so desperately need, nah! aint gonna happen.
    But think of all the “I told you so`s” and the ammunition it will provide for whiners.
    Get a life.

• punk skunk...

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Nice one Chuck!..

• Robbanufc

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Give us Chris Mort please!

• Sav

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Why does Kinnear think he’s been offered a lucrative extended contract? For his results?
    Now you are having a laugh, Joe.

Its because he took the job without being strong enough to set down the terms needed to gain control over a decent transfer budget.

Plenty others were offered the job after KK, as Joe knows, but turned it down because they could see it is a dead-end job under the current owner. If Kinnear didn’t secure those assurances at the time, all he has done is wasted Keegan’s resignation, which might at least have laid the groundwork for the next manager to play with a stronger hand. I’d rather have had Keegan deciding incoming transfers than JFK anyway but that’s water under the bridge now.

I don’t blame Kinnear taking the job under his circumstances but he needs to stop whining. The owner is making him look a complete fool as he clearly doesn’t have a clue what is going on :-
    “I sit down and talk to them (Ashley and Llambias) about my ideas. ….We need to look at the situation and say ‘where do we go from here?’”
    No wonder the players are unimpressed and want to leave. Will Joe have the courage to leave Ashley to sort out his own mess, as Keegan did if, as it appears, there is no change?