Kinnear Closer To Two More Good Signings

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear seems to be getting closer to getting two more deals completed within the next couple of days, and both appear to be players from the French League.

4109943stephane-mbia-23

Ebondo and Mbia – are these the next two through the Newcastle door?

Joe Kinnear has said today that Newcastle are getting close to two more signings, with one of them definitely being Albin Ebondo, the Toulouse right-back, who is said to be already in Newcastle discussing terms.

Joe said today:

“A team from Newcastle has been over there talking to the club and the player and we’re confident he’ll be here this week.”

“We’ll work right until the final minute of the final day of the window to bring in the players we want.”

“We’re working around the clock to get the players we need but it’s not an easy time of the year to do business and it’s been hard work.”

“But I do feel as though we’re getting somewhere and if I can bring in the two players we’re close to agreeing deals for’ then I’ll be feeling a lot happier about the state of the squad.”

“I identified Albin Ebondo when I went to see Toulouse play a few weeks ago and he’ll be an excellent player for us, I’m confident about that.”

“With Habib Beye still on crutches and likely to be out of action for at least another couple of months we desperately need a right-back.”

We also believe the other player Newcastle have made progress with is Rennes 22 year-old 6’2″ midfielder, Stephane Mbia, who Joe went to see about 8 days ago.

And it’s little wonder that Joe would be happy if he could get these two tied up.

Both look excellent players, and Ebondo is good enough to give Habib Beye a run for his money, when he returns from his knee injury.

What we need is for these two players to be signed before Wednesday, and then we can get more in, the number depending on whether Shay Given is to be sold, which will fund more players through the door.

Then we’ll be all set.

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I go everywhere and watch the games, toon top off belly oot of course.

God im starving.

• Tom_Toon

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Ed – You have repeated the same article 3 times.

• DJG

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:01 PM

They always say within the next 24 hours and it never is.
    Id be suprised if either play on wednesday.

• repo

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Stephane Mbia had a crap game last week

defo not worth 10mil.

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:05 PM

billybunter

youre not funny at all

• shazad7

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:06 PM

repo based on one game?

Mbia would be a superb signing in the long term, and will maintain his value, if indeed we do manage to tie him. That said I dont think he’ll be the one coming in.

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Ryan, yiv spoilt otha’s days on the blog, divn spoil me neet, I work to hard for that son, now go ta bed afore i make ya.

Ya motha must be callin

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:09 PM

billybunter, F.O, noone likes you, bye bye, the doors this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:11 PM

alreet son, rule number one – kna your enemy for ye divn kna what he has at his disposal, see you soon young ryan, see ya soon

• Spitfire

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I’d be happy with french lads. Apart from N’Zogbia most of the others – from Ginola to Sibierski have been good value for money. Apart from being french they are generally good players who can cope with the premiership. Fingers crossed mon petit choux. fingers crossed. Oui?

• valle

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I agree with Tom_Toon, this article is a repeat, whats the deal?

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:15 PM

billy bunter, stop playing the game, just own up your real name, rod

• Scotty

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:16 PM

spitfire – sorry mate but they are africans not french – they just play in the french league.

• Spitfire

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Billy, Ryan
    You’re not gonna turn this new blog into another catty, name-calling insult -trading session are you?. I wish I could find some grown up discussions on these blogs. Its getting really pathetic and boring coming on here now.

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:19 PM

if ye kna who Rod is son, ring him noo, yev upset billy and everyone knas me, who’s rod, I will accept an apology son as youre young

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:20 PM

er, spitfire, hes the one shouting his mouth of, saying hes gonna do me, im just playing along with the boy

• Spitfire

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Scotty
    Yeah take your point mate I still think that the french set up is a good grounding for them coming here.

• NewManagerPlz

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:22 PM

1. Ashley decides to stay and take the club forward

2. Poor Results

3. JFK offered job perm

4. JFK say we’ve done this and that with several targets.

5. Current players unhappy, Oba, N’Zog, Given, Barton, Enrique, Butt, Carroll, all been invovled in incidents or spoke out.

6. Signed youngster which arent going to help the current situation

7. Signed Lovenkrands decent player but how come no one else wanted him?

8. Employed Calderwood as coach.

9. Day 27 – 6 Days to go which begs question what the hell the scouting system was doing pre transfer window

You can speculate what will happen next but i think.

10. Window closed sign nobody of any significance

11. Poor Results Continue

12. Heat turned way up against Players/Manager/Board

13. Demonstrations Galore

14. Relegated?

• Mac

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Billy shut up u Nonce

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:25 PM

New Manager – I was at the earlior demonstarions, even got on tv, but Im thinking it wasnt a good idea noo – think that we might of killed the golden goose – the thing we love – ye kna what i mean

• Scotty

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:26 PM

i agree spitfire – but to be honest, i’m not getting my hopes built up at the mo – due to the last 18 months…

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Mac man – I wasnt havin a gan at anyone but him man, i get into the depot and I canit read the blog coz its full of his childish posts. then I have to gan oot, all day on the bins and all a want is a few seconds of footy crack – is that too much to ask

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM

billy bunter, so your accusing me of runing the blog? not the supertrooper spurs fan? you need you head sorting

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:32 PM

ye shouldnt be arguing with him son, thats me point, I get two 15 minute break apart from me dinner, I want to read aboot the toon not Ao,Superertrooper. So divn argue with him on the blog, cannit believe yeve got me deeing the same- Sorry to the otha folks, short term pain long term gain for everyone.

Footy crack aboot the toon only on this blog please son, thats aal am askin

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I’m a bit disappointed we havent wrapped up Ebondo today.

Looks like another ‘Colo’ epic transfer deal in the making.

I have no idea about the 2 midfielders we have been linked to, but for the little i have seen, i would rather take M’Bia. If not for the fact the Italian guy is humming and harring!

Would like to think Joe will spend sopme of the Given money too and take one of their players.

• NewManagerPlz

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Spitfire:

Im bored so i tried to come up with a list of french players who didnt cut the mustard

Boumsong
    Charvet
    Domi
    Dumas
    Guivarc’h
    Perez
    Marcelinho ( i know he’s spanish but hes was a huge tosser 2yr injured with a broken finger)

You could debate on these two as they were either brilliant or non existant

Robert
    Bernard

Ginola was the best frenchman weve had
    Sibieski was decent
    Saha was decent

• Spitfire

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Scotty
    Yes agreed . I haven’t got any hopes anymore. In truth I don’t know why anyone would choose us these days. Only for money I suppose.

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:37 PM

billy bunter, youre being an absoulute c***, there are loads of others that argue on here, and you say nothing about them,

dont start to feel sorry for ya self son, why should i and other run our life round you? just get on with everyone tool!

and who was the one coming on here tonight starting a arguement? you billy bunter!!!!!!!!!

• NewManagerPlz

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Spitfire-

What Money?

The coffers are well shut tight.

We can only offer first team football, average wages, and premier league football. (if it lasts)

• Billy Bunter

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM

See Ryan – othas are tryin to read and ya deein it again, I wont be drawn into it, I ask ya to stop, ya hated noo stop son, stop, I divn post normally but yeve goriz that upset I had to say summik

• G 2

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Bunter is a complete no mark and i would be happy to tell that to him straight to his ugly face.

Talk about Newcastle and not try and argue with RyanToon who is a decent enough poster.

G

• Spitfire

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:40 PM

New Manager

OK French players are mainly crap. I was only trying to inject some positive vibes. What we need is Polynesian players. We haven’t tried any of them them before

• punk skunk...

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Billy,
    you’ve got a point mate!..
    …Why can’t people just ignore the spud fools that come on here, it’s well borin’ now, don’t give ’em the oxygen!..
    …All billy bunter is sayin’ is let’s have Toon craic, what’s wrong with that?..
    …I don’t see why we have to lower the tone of this top blog with divvy childish slaggin’ of one another or bitin’ at what pathetic spuds think!..

…Don’t reply to ’em!..

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:41 PM

sorry lads about billy bunter, his trying to stir it, and is trying to ruin the blog

as most of you will know im a toon fan unlike him

• RyanToon

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:42 PM

i wont respond to him no more as its worthless

• punk skunk...

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Stop slaggin’ people off man!..

• Spitfire

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I’m away for a large whisky. This blog is degenerating into lasses bickering again…

• bimpy474

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:43 PM

While watching this fantastic Jeremy Kyle episode, i was wondering if it could be in english, well written english anyhoo 🙂

• DJG

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM

RyanToon.. Grow up and stop winding him up.

BillyBunter.. Drop it and stop biting.

You are starting to bore me.

• Doocey

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Same article yet again. Same pictures again lol! Say we got stephane, donadel and ebondo. Would you all be quite satisfied?