Alan Smith Ready To Fight For Newcastle United

Alan Smith came through a good 65 minutes of play last night for the Reserves against Manchester City (we lost 3-0),  and could well be in Joe Kinnear’s squad for the derby game against Sunderland at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

alan-smith-231.jpg

Alan Smith – fit again and ready to fight for the club

Smith told nufcTV in an interview today:

“There was speculation about going to Everton but that was never the case and I just want to make that clear – I never wanted to go anywhere,”

“That’s also been the case recently when I was linked with Middlesbrough.  As soon as I spoke to the manager he said I was in his plans and I wanted to stay again because I’ve got a lot to offer this football club.”

“Newcastle is the place where I want to play my football and I have got a point to prove to a few people.”

“Last season was tough for everyone and people have realized it’s going to be a difficult season this time around again,”

“Everyone needs to stick together and hopefully I will be fit and available for the last 15 to 17 games or so.”

“I played a lot last season having missed 18 months of football before that.” “I was looking to getting a good start this season but that’s not materialized.”

“But hopefully that means I will be fresh and available for the rest of the season.” “If anyone doesn’t already know it, we are in a relegation fight.”

“There’s no point in hiding it. The Club knows that and we know it’s a difficult period.”

“We need everyone available and everyone playing. We need to roll our sleeves up and sacrifice ourselves for the team.”

“The main aim is for this club to stay in the Premier League this year and then build and build again from there.”

Alan is a good lad and his commitment and spirit at the Newcastle club have never been in doubt, only his play, which has been nowhere near his best.

With Alan being on around £60K/week at the club, he needs to start playing up to his best over the last 5 months of the season, or we think Kinnear will be put under a lot of pressure to sell Smith in the summer.

We just cannot pay that kind of wages to players who are only on the finges of the first team.

But on the positive side, maybe Joe Kinnear can get the best out of Smith – and for the good of the club we sincerely hope Alan can produce his very best form for the remainder of the season.

We would be very happy for Alan to prove us wrong – and that seems exactly what he wants to do – good for him.

• stevt_0_3

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Smith gives away far too many free kicks to be a good modern day footballer and he never seems to learn this!

• Toonkistan

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Come On Smudger…..Excellent Attitude. Now bang in a few performaces

• Tom

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM

“I have got a point to prove to a few people”

Try pretty much all of us.

• bowburnmag

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Kidda, you’ve got a lot to prove to everyone not just a few people, including yourself! My heart really hopes that Smudge sorts his nut out and pulls a rabbit out the bag but my head tells me he’s done. I hate to say but in my negative state of mind I can’t help but think that headline is a precursor to the next headline “Newcastle’s Smith jailed for GBH on Leeds night out”.

• Tony

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM

not surprised he wants to stay where else would he get paid 60k a week

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Dreadful player on obscene wages but who else would want him.

• LooneyToon

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I bumped into him on a night out last summer…had a bit banter….asked him about his future….he said he wanted to stay and fight for his place….up front….he fully conceded that a front 3 of Viduka, Owen and Martins would be 1st choice however he would bide his time and wait for his chance….he said he didnt mind playing midfield as he was being asked to do a job for the team but didnt feel as though he was doing himself justice….

top lad…model pro….hope he stays, puts in some good performances and proves alot of doubters wrong….He will have my backing along with every other player who pulls on a black and white shirt until the end of the season…

• Toon Sweden77

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Very god attitude! Now go out there and show how much you want to play for the club

• LooneyToon

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM

bowburn…stop being negative….

Super Trooper….

Didnt realise this was a Darren Bent thread fella 😉

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM

looneytoon- Like smith is going to have a full blown conversation with you. I have socialised with him when he was at leeds and he is an arrogant tosser who wouldnt give some fawning fan the time of day. Liar!!

• Kevin Nichol

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I would rather have 11 Alan smith’s out there and get relageted showing passion, committment and heart rather than seing the likes of geremi, enrique and nzogbia going out there and not not showing any of the above!

Smith has never scored enough goals; he hasnt had a great time at newcastle! To be fair he hasnt yet shown us anythng like the player he was at leeds & Man utd! But i feel there is a lot more to come from this lad and i am fully convinced that he will give everything he has the next time and every time he pulls on the black and white shirt!

So let’s get behind him and start bad mouthing these other mugs who couldnt care less what happens to the club!

• bowburnmag

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM

LooneyToon – benefit of the doubt etc but also being realistic. The bit about fighting is merely my observation on the lack of ‘fight’ football-wise as opposed to the kind that ends up in the headlines or the courts. We’re due some of the former and less of the latter.

• LooneyToon

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Super Trooper….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

have you ever thought that he didnt have a conversation with you due to you being the arrogant t*sser as you described above….

You want to try and get some social skills…then you might not have an issue talking to people……

now stop hurting my feelings and jog on….Darren Bent is waiting to have a chat with you….

• DJG

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:40 AM

super.trooper // Jan 26, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Oh well, thats me done for another day. Dont stay up to late waiting for a transfer. I must point out that there is more to life than staring at your computer screens. Its one thing to do it whilst at work but those who are on here past midnight(you no who you are) really need to get a life. Today Wigan , Portsmouth and Spurs have all been active in the transfer market as they strive to pull away from the relegation zone.Couldnt agree more. Ashleys lack of funding is going to send you down.

bye.

(last comment after trying to wind people up on the NUFC blog)

Then 34 minutes later on ole ole spurs site

194. supertrooper Wrote: | 17.12GMT | Jan 26, 2009
    Reply to SPUDDA:
    WHO do you think will go down
    well i think we cud do hope harry gets tinned

3 words What a mug.

HaHa Super.Trooper I got you didnt I now run along back to Harry Hotspur lol

• LooneyToon

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:41 AM

you at the match on Sunday Bowburn?

• LooneyToon

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Kevin Nicholl

Exactly fella….well said

• Toon Graeme

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM

DJG – nice one fella.

The proof is on the pitch. Smith has another chance in my eyes and will support him in that black and white and judge from that point.

Look at tonight as the start of a mini season with above the bottom 3 as first place!

• magpie6699

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I’m sure he will fight – I just wish he would play well / score as well!

• bowburnmag

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM

LooneyToon – got chance of a ticket but also got the little ‘un but trying to wangle something. Missus is working Sat as well so grandparents already doing a stint while I’m doon in bloody Scarborough playing some Yorkshire terriers. Possibly a blessing in disguise….

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

DJG-oh dear what a fool you are! I shall point out the obvious mistake in your little post. My username is super.trooper. The person pretending to be me is supertrooper. Notice the full stop between super and trooper. Now run along before you embarress yourself further. And to think you have been waiting 2 days to get me with that. Mug!hahahaha

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM

DJG-and as if i would slag off my own team. Not the sharpest tool in the box are you? I bet it was you posting on there otherwise why else would you be on there. I must really wind you up for you to go to such lengths. hahahahaahaha. what a tool!

• sirjasontoon

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM

super trooper…acting the homo again?

You really are a sick faggot.

On football matters Smith will never get back to the form of his earlier days…it is just not going to happen..peaked early and slid down the hill.

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM

sirjasontoon- What do you know about football. Inbred fool.

• Kash

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Hahahaha, even funnier, I can just imagine Super.Trooper running upto Smudge in that club Majestic in Leeds saying:

“Alan, I love you, will you sign my chest!”

Why oh why you admitted to trying to have a conversation with a footballer, and then claiming you were socialising with him…..WELL FUNNY……Super.Trooper, you are actually one of the best people on here…..LOVE IT!!!

I saw Oba in his Porsche Cayenne on Friday night with his brother, at the traffic lights just past Fujiyamas at the end of Stowell street. I socialised with him, as I waved and he waved back!!!

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

kash i think you have misread my post.

I have been in the company of alan smith on numerous occasions through work. he is a cock.

• hitman

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM

thats a bit rich calling smith a cock,when your the biggest bell end on here

• Kash

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

What do you do Super?

• sirjasontoon

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

super.trooper // Jan 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

kash i think you have misread my post.

I have been in the company of alan smith on numerous occasions through work.I sucked his cock.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Kash.

Trooper is a rent boy.

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Kash- As i have explained before i used to work for the papers. Not as a journalist but i did lots of research for various papers. My job led me to this blog. I used to get paid 50 quid a time for supplying posters comments to various sports writers. I am now self employed but i loved this blog so much i now come here for enjoyment.

Sirjasontoon- We have established in the past that your mother is a hooker down the docks(remember my witty poem that upset you) so if anybody was going to be a rent boy it would be you following in your mothers footsteps.

• stevep

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I like Smiths commitment both on and off the pitch, unfortunately he hasn’t been able to show enough quality on the pitch.
    His preferred position is as a striker but he can’t seem to score goals, he’s a bit of a liability in midfield so that leaves us with a very expensive sub

• Kash

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Hi Sooper, that actually explains some of your comments. To be honest your banter with others on here is funny, but what I don’t like is the insults. Considering you’re an adult, I would advise against you being sucked into such childish comments. I think that is fair.

I personally appreciate yours and David Craigs comments on here. They maybe opinion, but I like to read varying opinions as long as they’re constructive. I also appreciate footballing debate too, which your comments tend to stir up.

But please steer clear of perosnal insults, which probably I have been guilty of as well, and keep up the constructive comments.

• harrier

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM

super.trooper – if you come on to this blog for your own enjoyment as often as you do, then you are as bad as the people you complain about.

• Kash

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I also like to read Tom_Toons opinions on footballing talent as well. I’m not sure what knowledge he has, but I do agree with alot that he says. He just comes across the wrong way!

• super.trooper

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:28 PM

kash- tomtoon is a youtube scout. I take on board your comments regarding insulting others, but you must have noticed i put up with loads of stick and only turn on sirjasontoon because he is racist. Craig david is a liar by the way.

• Will

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM

You’re ALL children.

Good to see Smith showing the ame spirit, now it’s time for the end product!

• G 2

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Apparently Spurs want Smith as a short term measure to play with Defoe hahaha.

• Kash

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Sooper – I have noticed that and I have stuck up for you as well. I emailed Ed to give him my view on this matter also. I have been on this Blog since Ed started it and I too have been warned about my conduct by Ed. I think it’s just best to ignore and keep posting your opinions, comment on proper opinions and ignore insults.

It’s sometimes difficult to do, but it makes you look the better man/blogger. The true bloggers here know who the gobsh1tes really are.

As for Tom_Toon, well he maybe that, or he may be a FM09 scout, but he does pose some interesting thoughts and opinions, like I said, lets not isnult but respect one anothers opinions. I think you’ll get alot more out of it!

• Patrick2349

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I appreciate with his attitude. Now I hope he would stick his claim and do the job for the team.

• Nick D

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:55 PM

One match back and he nobbles the stiffs unbeaten run !!!
    of course he wants sto stay we are the only idiots paying him 60K a week for no goals and no assists. Smith & Viduka complete wasters. get rid.