Clubs Negotiating Swap Deal For Taylor and N’Zogbia

There are reports coming out of Wigan that a swap deal between Ryan Taylor and Newcastle’s Charles N’Zogbia is being negotiated between the two clubs.

ryan-taylor-54671

Ryan Taylor – swap deal for Charles N’Zogbia?

Wigan Athletic utility player Ryan Taylor is said to be close to agreeing a move to Newcastle United, but rather than the straight £1.5M fee we had heard about earlier today, it now looks like a swap deal may be possible that involves 22 year-old Charles N’Zogbia.

Newcastle want around £6M-£7M for Charles and if they were willing to pay Wigan around £1.5M for Taylor, who will be a free agent in the summer, then Newcastle should get Taylor plus about £5M for N’Zogbia.

That would seem a decent deal for the Tyneside club, but of course it will not add to the squad in terms of numbers.

But since Ryan can play full back and winger he will be ample cover for Charles, who we think Joe would like to get rid of before the Monday deadline.

Right now Charles seems like a bad apple – at best, and he’s blotted his copy book big time with Newcastle fans for his recent childish behavior, in continually asking to leave the club, when we are in all kinds of trouble. It’s just a shame he didn’t use that energy on the field to help the Newcastle cause.

There’s no room at Newcastle for immature players, so get this lad out of the club, which we think Joe will do by Monday, if at all possible.

Joe was interviewed by the BBC this afternoon, and while he said he was delighted to get Kevin Nolan to Newcastle, he was hoping for a total of 3 players in today, not just Kevin.

One of the other players is Ryan and we’re not sure who the other one is.  But the choice is between Frenchman Albin Ebondo, who we are told will cost £6M (give us a break!), or young Coventry left back Daniel Fox, who we could probably get for around £3M.

In fact we still don’t fully comprehend all of Joe’s statements regarding the price of Ebondo, since they seem to change all the time. :D.

Wigan and Taylor’s agents were apparently miles apart in their recent contract negotiations, and it would seem that Wigan would rather get something for the player now, than nothing in the summer.

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear needs more defensive cover and we need to get in another defender, in addition to Ryan, and a full back would be preferable.

Originally starting out as a right back, Taylor has also operated on the left hand side recently for Wigan, at both full back and in midfield, and he has also been capped for the England Under-21 side.

We hope this deal goes through and that Newcastle can get another player with the £5M, not to mention we hope to get at least a couple of players in for Shay Given, although time seems to be running out on that particular possibility.

• toonoholic

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

5 mn plus taylor ..

put that 5mn for kightly and its game on !

• Gordo

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

God i hope so 3-1 sunday TOON 4 LIFE 🙂

• OHurley

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Taylor=helpful player.
    Zog=pain in the arse!

Taylor + 4-5mil for N’Zogbia would be a great deal, the way I see it.

Hopefully JFK will work some magic and bring in Ebondo. Veloso would be nice, but is it actually gonna happen, or just worthless speculation??

• CPorterNufc

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM

A good utilily player me thinks, can operate in a number of positions!

Still, left-back is a priority and imo we still need a striker!

Riise and Saviola in on loan deals would do me!! Opinions….

• Stuart79

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM

5m for Nzogbia with Taylor and we get 8m for Given we should put that towards Veloso.

That would mean also we still have 6m from the money Ashley made available.

We should be looking at a different squad come Sunday.

When do they have to be signed for them to play Sunday?

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM

With the signing of Taylor and Nolan,

yet losing Barton and Zog we have NOT improved our squad!!

We should be buying another couple of players!

We still have over 10 million when we sell Zog and Given. So spend it!

Also we have a great chance of doing a deal with some Man Citeh player (s).

Come on Newcastle, your not kidding us.

• Turkish Magpie

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Stuart-

i think it’s tomorrow at 5pm that they have to be registered

• It Could Be Worse...We Could Be Spurs -DC-

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

‘Wigan and Taylor were miles apart on contract negotiations so he’d jump at the chance to join NUFC.’

I thought we were done with inflated contracts?

• Stuart79

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Turkish Magpie – Seeing as though were not playing tomorrow I’d like to think that a couple more might be signed before that deadline.

Would give everyone a massive boost to beat the t0sser!

• CPorterNufc

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:46 PM

It is 12 tomora mornin that any new players will have to be registered in time for the Derby!!

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:46 PM

The Times

are suggesting that the derby will also see the return of Ashley !

Have to say that wont bother me one bit and its over due if anything.

They are also suggesting that the 3rd player JFK wants is an experienced CB……if true rule out Veloso and Saviola

• tom tomb

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Real ent- We really need a lb a right mid and a striker. Get those 3 in and we may be ok.Its brinkmanship with city, we need to win that and win it well. Take a player or two off them.

• Little Willie

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Depends what he’s on at Wigan, considering he came from league 1 and hasn’t had a new contract since I doubt he’s even on £10k per week.

• Danny Mac

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM

5m + 7m, presumably 4m of that was spent on Nolan so another two 4mil players would be handy. Or if Nolan’s was funded by other means how about a bid for Darren Bent?? We need to replace now rather than the end of the season as he is set to miss many games before then.

• Alanmc09

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Porter nufc:
    I agree with u on the saviola 1 and wud like riise but i tink we faild in a bid 4 him a few weeks bak!!

• Simo

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

i think it will be a good signing and am not really bothered if N’Zogbia goes.

• OutClassed

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I thought it was today at 12 that players had to be registered? Therefore only Nolan will play? Could be wrong though.

So if we get 5m + Taylor for Insomnia, I’d suggest we strengthen the back by getting Fox for 3m, which leaves 2m spare.

Add to that the 7-9m we get for Given that’s almost 10m, and buying Mbia would be a decent buy as well, and if we want to splash a bit more get Veloso.

But our central midfield would start to become a bit cramped with Butt, Barton, Guthrie, Nolan and Mbia. With five players competing for two spaces we have good cover, but now possibly the chance to try and flog Butt in the summer despite him signing a contract extension?

• Stuart79

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Real Entertainers – I would be fckin furious if I’d put 238m into a club and wasn’t allowed to my own stadium and watch the team.

He’ll only be there if we sign another couple of players and the heat will be off him a bit.

Although I couldn’t give two fcks if he was there or not.

• Little Willie

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Saviola has been told he can’t leave by Mijatovic, something to do with Huntelaar not being allowed to play in the CL or something like that.

• Toony Soprano

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

TT – Johnson and the big young fella at the back would do us.

Will Owen be at the derby or has he got a runner at Kempton park??

Bassong fit??

• tom tomb

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Saviola has been well and truly dissed by Tony Adams. He must know something about his fitness, he backed off him big style and quickly.

• ashleys wallets cobwebs

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

if he signs before 12 tomorrow can he play on sunday or was the cut off 12 today ?

• Little Willie

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Veloso dropped from the weekends squad for ‘tactical’ reasons.

Read into that what you like.

• TokyoPoliceDanny

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I don’t think its a swap….

Were getting 6 million for Charlie and paying 2 million for Taylor..

I would bid for Kightly tomorrow too….:).

• Piers

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Would be a good deal if indeed the reports are valid……..We should take the money and improve on our 10mil bid for Veloso.

Then the last thing we should do is to use the money we get from Given and get a solid young striker like Loic Remy for 4 mil…….all in all this is not that bad of a transfer season!

• Stuart79

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Tokyopolice – We need proven players at this level.

Can’t take the risk on a young kid in championship

• spiderpig

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

NEED TO GET RID OF ZOG ASAP.HE’S LIKE A BAD SMELL.RYAN TAYLOR IS CHEAP AT 1.5 MILL,IF HE HAD LONGER ON HIS CONTRACT HE WOULD BE WORTH 7 MILL.THE BLOKE HAS DESTROYED US WITH HIS FREEKICKS.PULL OUT THE STOPS MR ASHLEY AND GET HIM IN EVEN IF THEY DONT WANT ZOG

• tom tomb

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Toony- they would be good as I’m not sure ash will give the money back. Also we undervalue them as they undervalue Shay. Just like buying a house-or something. The next derby Owen will be at is at Epsom. He will have his checky green shirt on and his wellies in Cheshire-wank-r. Bassong might not be there, heard nowt so could be a bad sign!

• dp_geordie

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Loic remy would be a quality purchase, great shout Piers

• OutClassed

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM

We really need a lb a right mid and a striker
    ——————————————————-

Hopefully we’ll bring in Fox on a permanent deal, but talk has died down now over a loan move for Riise.
    A right midfielder isn’t really needed as Jonas can play on their with Duff on the left? Isn’t it about time that Kazenga LuaLua was given a chance as well.
    And a striker will be needed when Viduka and Owen go at the end of this season. Carrol, Martins, Ameobi, Xisco and Smith will be our remaining strikers. . .

• Toon_Factor

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I am making the Assumption that we have a £10million budget, we have signed Lovenkrands on a free and Nolan £4mill = £6mill left, swap deal Nzogbia + £5mill and Ryan Taylor, = 11mill+ Given £10mill= £21mill, we could then buy Veleso £14mill and a cheap left back (£1mill), that means about 6mill, so either spend on whoever or save it for the Summer. I also have a feeling the Given transfer is taking so long because it is involved in a swap deal hmmm

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM

A midfield quartet of :

Barton
    Nolan
    Guthrie
    and Veloso.

Sounds mightly impressive to me.

Could we keep them all happy?
    Does 4 into 2 go?
    or can we please just drop the bloody so called wingers and play with 3 strong CM

• Alanmc09

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Ashley wallet cobwebs:i believe it is 2moro!

• TokyoPoliceDanny

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I agree Stuart79….

Just think with our league position and it being so close to the end of the window we havent really got the time to persuade players to join….

Although a foreign midfielder or striker at the moment would need time to settle…Im not sure we can afford that either….

Its a tough job eh? haha

• harrier

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:00 PM

with injuries, will those 4 be enough? :S

• hungarian fan

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Kadar to a sole in plaster in Newcastle – with a photo

Too Kádár Tamás, who went through the first control examination successfully on a Wednesday, is on the first week kept after the injury of heaviest one in Newcastle. The young person stays in England yet after a quarterback’s broken leg, but if everything looks promising, 10-14 may sit onto one flying inside a day, and may return home for Hungary.

– I am waiting for being a home very much already, since my parents, my friends, and the old usual environment is missing exceptionally, in this bedridden state. My girlfriend, Edina here with me fortunately, and helps with everything, if he would not be I do not know it, how I would survive these days.

– Did you play back your injury already?

– I would have had an opportunity for him, but I did not want it, and I do not catch it according to me. I would forget all rather. I look ahead already, and I have the recovery in my mind only. It was left out for me last year U19 European Championship, but I do not want to believe that I can miss the World Championship. I do everything for the recovery because of this just, and I would like the summer preparation already his front to carry thru here in Newcastle, and again into the first team’s neighbourhood to fight myself, next though direction the junior executive committee!

– How do your days pass by?

– I live at home, I read, I look at films, I learn English, and they are added to me daily the club fizikoterapeuta, from the hospital sisters, who inject, concerned exercise he. It was said on the control that it may be replaced with the one roaming the lying plaster after a week theoretically, and I may travel home then.

• tom tomb

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Toony last response was blocked. Think bass could be struggling as nowt has been said_twisted logic. Owens next derby is June at Epsom.

• Toony Soprano

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Real entertainer – there is no chance of them all being fit at the same time. It has been a long time since we have had a selection headache

• The Real Entertainers

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Pompey in talks with Spurs for 7 million Di Santos……ouch

Poor deal, for Pompey……Spurs will break their hand off, never mind snap it.

• tom tomb

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Toony sounds good we need some swaps and cash for shay.

1 2 3 12