Joe Kinnear Appeals For Harmony Between Fans And Ashley

Mike Ashley will attend the Sunderland game tomorrow, and Joe Kinnear has come out and asked for some harmony between the owner and the fans.

mike-ashley-4329

Mike Ashley – hmmm I wonder if Kaka is available, Ronaldo too?

More harmony in the club in general can only help the team and the players of course, which is after all the most important thing, if we want to stay in the Premier League this season.

Joe Kinnear talked last night of Mike Ashley:

“Mike has put his money into the club and is entitled to be given a chance,”

“I do not think Mike has ever been disillusioned. He’s badly hurt and upset but he is desperate to come back and he will be here.”

“He bought the club when it was in the —-. He has cleared the debts and paid a fortune in doing so.”

“When every other club have been in debt for so long, we are not. I think the fans realize what he has done.”

“Mike writes out a cheque every week to pay the wages. But he’s in a no-win situation.”

” He doesn’t buy players, he doesn’t do this, doesn’t do that, he’s obviously going to come in for stick. That is the way football is.”

“Thankfully, it’s only a small section of the crowd against him but he is not daft enough to know what will happen if we lose.”

“But the crowd will be on the team’s side irrespective of individuals.”

“They have to be a 12th man and get behind the team irrespective of what they think of me or Mike.”

Joe’s right in that the fans have to get behind the club, which is bigger than any player, any manager, or any owner for that matter.

Let’s try to make a new start on Sunday, and of course we need a win, and it will not be easy to turn our form around, but the lads will no doubt give it everything they have on Sunday.

And we’ll have Kevin Nolan in there, and he’ll give it everything he has,  and maybe one or two other players in there on Sunday too, but they will need to be signed by lunchtime today.

We fully expect the Newcastle fans to be right behind the players tomorrow, in a game that will be televised live around the world.

Howay The Lads!!

• ToonFanNZ

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:26 AM

First comment

• Nick 69

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:32 AM

its only a small section against ashley? obviously havent spoken to many fans then have you Joe!! 95% cannot stand the bloke but realised we are stuck with him for the time being and have kept quiet for a while, BUT expect that to all change if we dont win 2morro, that i promise you!!!!

• ashleys wallets cobwebs

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:33 AM

come on , i’m ready for the dirty b@*#tards now
    get taylor in today, toon toon

• aus_toon_todd

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM

i’ll let you know tomorrow this time how i feel about MA.

• Mikeflame

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Ive got my pitch fork and lynching rope at the ready for if it goes tits up tomorrow! God i cant wait to get on the train tonight and get booked into me hotel gonna be a cracking derby. Missed the last two but not this one baby!!

• toonarmyuk

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Nick 69 – I’m not exactly the greatest fan of Ashley, but I think you exaggerate somewhat when you say 95% cannot stand him!

Interesting to see that Given was offered a 6 year deal to stay and still turned it down. It’s being mooted that Citeh are still holding out at £5m – if they dont up it I cant see the club selling. I have a feeling they will test us to the end and only bid enough at the last minute. Still, if they dont bid what the club want, I seriously hope that Given wont walk straight back into the first team! From what I’ve heard he’s done EVERYTHING possible to get away, so he doesn’t deserve to take Harper’s new place in goal. Don’t forget, Harper has served longer than Given at this club, so there’s no use in using the argument that Given deserves the place back due to loyalty he has shown to the club down there years!!

• Toon Graeme

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Im sorry but I am not buying this rally round the owner guff.

Im there to see my team and thats it. MA watches from home or from SJP – doesnt affect me cause all I can see is his fat ugly head if I look over to the right and down.

I do hope its not a case of too little too late but why only start acting on the last few days of the xfer window?

The jury is still out on MA and think he should make a positive step and get in a football man at the wheel – not our voiceless tw*t – Llambiarse!

• Ericles

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Badly hurt and upset. How does he think the fans feel? Join the club Ashley – oops, sorry for the pun! Get rid of Wise and Lame-Arse, get in some quality and we will see. Ashley – you own the club, not the fans and certainly not the hearts and minds of Tyneside. Up to you Mike – show some respect for something older and bigger than you and your wallet and you may get a surprise! Will not be sitting near you on Sunday (please don’t bring the goblin or Lame-Arse) but hope you hear me and mine shouting the lads on.

• oga

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Why have we not gone for Giles Barnes on Loan

• vic

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:49 AM

get mackhems down
    keegan forever

• ginkoh

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Depemd on the result in Sunday, If we win, everything will be better and we will see the light of tunnel. if we draw everything bad the same ever, If we lose, we’re on diaster. our club will fall down.

• AussieToon

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:50 AM

If Man City only want to offer 5 million then fine, so long as we go back to them and say okay then, with that 5 million include Daniel Sturridge and Michael Johnson. 🙂

To me we need bodies in and fast as deadline day is fast approaching.

We also need a striker, whilst Owen is out (and we cant trust him being back anytime soon) it has dawned on me that we need a striker who can score the goals to lift us to safety.

Sturridge would help, but in my opinion getting another proven Premiership striker is ideal.

• Charlietoon

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:53 AM

We should definately have gone for Giles Barnes and bought him outright. Good replacement for Zog and a better set piece taker.

If Man C dont stump up they can go jump. Given has made it clear he wants to go to them but it still has to be at the right price and how they cannot seem to grasp that he is twice the player bellamy is let alone a third of him then they can get stuffed

• nepali toon army

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:56 AM

newcastle really have taken a step now throough Kevin Nolan . he is a big player , I’ve always seen him as a player who has the visioon to pass and can also score goals. he doesn’t panic fast. in ashley matter i think we should get behind him , and support him and team tomorrow.

• geordie jock

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I am sick of Bloody Joe Kinnear saying the fans must get behind us and leave poor Mike fat B*****d Ashley alone. Of course the fans will get behind the team, we always do. He spouts this garbage before every single match and i think it’s time he put his effort into managing the team properly. As for only a small section of fans against Mike Ashley, he must be deaf cos nearly every fan i talk to hates him. So Joe Kinnear all i can say get your bloody finger out and shut up whinging.

• toonarmyuk

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:58 AM

AussieToon – I’m hoping that is what is happening anyway, and the club are just holding out to get the most they can. I really think we will see Johnson as part of the deal if it goes ahead. I suspect NUFC will eventually take £6m plus Johnson, although it genuinelly should be more like £8m plus Johnson.

• Nick 69

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:01 AM

toonarmyuk- put it this way, 100% of people i know personally cannot stand the bloke, i know there are a FEW people out there who like him(for some strange reason) but 95% wud not be far off

• stevep

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM

As taken from nufc.com

“Regardless of who is on the field or in the Directors Box; regardless of who manages or owns the club, we play a game on Sunday that has a massive significance to our immediate future – not to mention regional pride.

The mackems haven’t completed a double over us since the 1966/67 season – let’s not make Sunday the day
    when we give an inch – or air our dirty linen in public.

Borrowing a phrase: Support the Toon – it’s your duty.”

• AussieToon

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:05 AM

For me the money aspect is less important, of course I value Given at higher than 12 million, but if they want to offer less money but give us a couple of decent players thats more important in the situation we are in.

I would think Sturridge would be more what we need than Johnson now that we have gotten ourselves Nolan.

We need goals, any cheaper options we can get to fill in our striking options?

• catchy in norway

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:14 AM

get lost you fat lieing pratts.
    is that harmany enough for you

• Bill F

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I reckon it’s more like 95% of the fans are ambivalent about him and are waiting to see whether we survive the drop. I think most of us can see that he is trying to build a base of good youngsters that could (if successfull) transform him from a zero to a hero. It’s not helping him or us with the shockingly bad injuries that are totally decimating our squad. We seem to lose at least one player with every new one we get. I doubt if there is a manager in any league who could do better. I am not an apologist for the current hierachy, just trying to be realistic.

• ian

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I agree with Bill F.

I do not hate him, I just wonder what he is doing.

• square

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:03 AM

shortsighted fools who base their feelings on ashley whether we win or lose tomorrow. fools.

this club regardless of tomorrow’s result is going backwards. 3 years under kinnear? are you sure? old school non existent tactics? any european experience? on somedays he’ll plan on not appearing for some games by getting sent off and rely on his superstitions of not being at the match we might get lucky.

someone tear up that contract offer. lets get the manager right for once. maybe dennis wise’s crony. someone who’ll actuallt suk his p-nis to get the players he or she wants. maybe we’ll get the first woman manager. but not this old fart kinwho.

• spiderpig

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM

well said billf.make no mistake this management have made some bloopers and big ones,but at the end of the day noone knows how much money ashley has or hasnt and its out of our hands.i’m pretty sure most people on here cant even remember when we were shite anyway.lol.

• sirjasontoon

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Some Bloopers Spider…understatement of the season..we are in a absolute mess.

• ObaMartins

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Joke Kinnear knows where he can stick his plea’s…up Ashley’s fat ASS along with his head…and anyone else who wants to forget what he’s done can follow him…including you ED..stop licking Fat Ashley’s ass….

• Don

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Support the team yes everytime,
    Support Ashley, Wise, Kinnear .. No never again I am totally fed up with there bullshit

• Tom_Toon

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:26 PM

• Brazilian Geordie

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM

There is just one thing that I always don’t understand about Ashley.

Joe everytime says Ashley writes out a cheque every week to pay players wages. But I can’t understand that.

If ASHLEY are the source o the money which the wages, why do we have a big NOTHERN ROCK writen in our shirt and where are our tv rights, bonuses whatsoever?

As far as I know the only big money the owner in general has to spend is on players fees. That’s why I can’t understant that…

• Brazilian Geordie

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:40 PM

the source of the money which PAY the wages*

• Brazilian Geordie

Jan 31, 2009 at 8:07 PM

And when I mean fee I mean TRANSFERS fee. Anyway, I know clubs have depts with it’s own structure, but I still have some doubts about that issue.

• Tom_Toon