Nolan – Newcastle Masssive Club With Fantastic Supporters

Kevin Nolan, our new midfield signing from Bolton Wanderers has today given a long interview in the Newcastle Journal, about his move to Tyneside.

What a great lad he seems to be – and he’s made to measure for Newcastle United!

kevin-nolan-3451

Kevin Nolan – Newcastle massive club with fantastic supporters

Kevin talked about his move to the North East:

“It was right to leave Bolton, generally, because they accepted a bid,” “I’m delighted to be here.”

“As soon as I found out Bolton had accepted a bid, I was like get me up the road and let’s get this sorted. It’s a bigger challenge for me than playing for Bolton and I think that’s what I needed.”

“It’s sad to leave a club after nine years, but the time was right for me to take on something new and prove I’m not just someone who can play for a club like Bolton.”

“I had so many good times there. I’ve had so many calls from people wishing me well, some have said it felt like a death in the family, so it’s been a bit weird, but really good as well. It’s a really positive move as far as I’m concerned.”

“I hope I can be a really big success at Newcastle and help get this club back to where it belongs, which is pushing for those European places. There was no doubt in my mind when the opportunity came up.”

“There was a brief thought about whether it was right for my wife, our baby, my family and her family, but she has always said she will support me in every way.”

“She found it tough, she said it was a really sad day yesterday when the bid was accepted, but she just said she wants an eight-bedroom house so all the family can come and live with us.”

Well with the good money Kevin will be earning at Newcastle he’ll be able to afford that, especially with the house prices dropping recently. 😀

Kevin continued:

“It’s a massive opportunity for me to prove myself to people who just thought I would stay there for my whole career. I was part of the furniture.”

“I’d grown up there and made my name there, I wanted the best for it, so people started to see me as Mr Bolton. I’d had good relationships with all the managers there, but I want to do the same here.”

“I want to be a big success as a Newcastle United player. This is just a totally different attitude here, it’s all about football and that’s what really excited me when I heard it was Newcastle.”

“It’s mad, but I can’t really explain how good it is to have a Newcastle shirt on.”

“I think mental strength is important at Newcastle and I think that’s what people will see from me,”

“I don’t read newspapers so I’ve not taken too much notice of all the turmoil stuff. I’ve heard bits and bobs, but I wanted to come up here and take it all in for myself.

“Coming here has only reiterated everything I already felt about this football club, it’s a massive club, fantastic supporters and lads who want to do well and go in the right direction.”

” The place is buoyant. The lads are in good mood and they’ve told me about what’s been happening. Believe me, we’ll be OK, from what I’ve seen so far.”

And to think we’ve been saying it’s all gloom and doom at the moment, but that mood was lifted significantly by a couple of things yesterday.

Obviously the signing a of a perfect player for Newcastle, in the situation we now find ourselves in, and the surprisingly decisive move made by the club, once we lost Owen and Barton on Wednesday night.

And we’ll also have Ryan Taylor at the club before Monday, but it looks like his signing will unfortunately come too late for tomorrow’s derby game against Sunderland. That’s a pity.

We also hope there are more players on the way too – maybe a couple of players from Manchester City in exchange for Shay Given perhaps.

Hope so.

• Toon_Sydney

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:19 AM

SAVE USSSSSS!!!!

• Ever seen a mackem in Milan?

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:21 AM

He is a breath of fresh air after all the doom and gloom recently. 😀 Europe is a bit much cant see us challenging for that a good few years. And that is if we do stay up.

• Ben_BKK

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:24 AM

“We’re sure the Geordie lads and lasses will do everything they can to ensure Barton’s wife and family are welcomed and allowed to settle well on Tyneside.”

Surely Joey Barton’s family are already living on Tyneside 😛

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:26 AM

whole newcastle team are staying overnite at same hotel. bad news is oba not taying there, so cud mean he not fit enough.:( dont fink there will be any signings today.

• Stuart79

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Does anyone know where to see JFK’s pre match press conference?

• catchy in norway

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:27 AM

i like him… but its hard to imagin who he will be playing with next year,,, hes a good playert but i think some of our better players are going either now or the summer…

zog or jokeinhere

zog every time for me

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:29 AM

stuart
    am sure ssn will show it as soon as he does it, then hopefully will let is know on any potential signings

• Oleg G

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:29 AM

What about our next targets?

M’bia is in the plans or not?

• Charlietoon

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:29 AM

He is a good squad player and not injury prone which is what we need

• magpies1

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:31 AM

charlie toon

every player is injurieprone when then come to newcastle its a curse

• RyanToon

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:33 AM

hope ryan taylor signs today before 12noon

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:33 AM

oleg
    fink i wud rather have veloso, mite turn out to be ronaldos twin lol.

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:34 AM

ryan toon ,
    he had his meical and checked out 30mins ago.fink way waing on zoggy agreeing!!wots ur bet he will drag out so we cant play taylor tomoz!!as players got to be signed by 12 to be eligable.

• batty

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:37 AM

catchy in norway yep

• Oleg G

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM

craigcoozy

Ok, Veloso then… What about him?

I mean, I don’t hear that we are really interested in anyone else.

The ebondo guy (or whatever his name is)
    is too expensive as I understood.

Also the Q is, how much Veloso will cost.

• Toon Graeme

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Press conference was done yesterday (normally thursday) and is normally on teh NUFCtv website. However the last few have not been. Its cleverley edited on NUFC website so you dont get the negative stuff – but normally BBC show nearly in full fromt he start which is in a different order that NUFC website – strange eh?? Sky never do as they are more bothered about top table.

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM

fink sporting want 12mil but as everton and bolton have pulled out they are finkin of dropping that tag, so if we cud get him for 10mil we shud still have 11 mil to spend!!which i wud sign gomis!!but the french one not the german lol

• Waddles mullet

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Why does every one want johnson from man city as part of the given deal???

only played 3 times in the league this season.

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:46 AM

he’s an alcoholic any how!!sounds trouble to me!ad rather have richards or dunne along with sturridge

• Oleg G

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:49 AM

No, We don’t want Johnson. He is not interested so why would we want him?

We want 10M at least for Given.
    And buy the player\s we want.

• Oleg G

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:50 AM

craigcoozy

how do you count, 10M for Veloso, and we still have another 11M ?

• Charlietoon

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:53 AM

10 mill for given and he can go. He is worth 15 mill but as he has asked to go we can slash 5 mill off for 48 hours only. Underwear, hosery it all has to go..free parking

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:54 AM

10 mil given
    5 mil zog
    10mil off fat ash

buy
    veloso 10mil
    nolan 4 mil

leaves 11 mill if figures are rite.

• NotAGhostToon

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Reading that gave me the sense of pride I used to feel about the toon before this season (and at the beginning of this season) 🙂

• RyanToon

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM

so coozy, taylor has done his medical? nzogbia wont be done before 12noon will it? damn!

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM

he’s done medical and checked out, uny thing am worried about is why he checked out cos whole team are going straight to match from hotel??

fink there going to be few reserves on bench or even in team as edgar , ranger , donniger, lua are with the team but no oba, viduka, smith!!

• oneputt

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:09 AM

how you know so much coozy?

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM

oneputt

av got a source but cant say , if ask ryantoon and real entertainers they will confirm.as told very early on about nolan and taylor.

• oneputt

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:14 AM

cool man…

..from now on you shall be known as the oracle.

Kepp us posted.

U reckon he may play tomo or too late?

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM

well i dont know anything how zog side of things are going but knw taylor has had med and checked out hotel but dont know if he passed it or not.

newcastle have got 45 mins to confirm deal otherwise he wont be playing tomoro.but nolan def is!!!! 🙂

• sirjasontoon

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Loads of spin..”the place is bouyant”What a load of nonsense the club is on its knees,the players have not won a game in eons,they are out of all cup competitions at the first hurdles,look likely to be relegated etc if they are buoyant I am sure that will change late sunday afternoon cos that is when it will erupt..when Ashleys team of ramshakle chancers get put to the sword and humiliated in front of a global audience…it is going to be messy unless we win..which judging by the tripe currently being produced seems very unlikely..where the HELL IS M’bia?????

• Oleg G

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Ok, so if you are right, and we do have the 25M
    After selling Shay and Zog.

Do we have enough time to buy even one player? (i am not even asking about 2 players)

• craigcoozy

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:30 AM

oleg
    fink we may get time to steal saviola on loan??and mayb 1 perm signing then fat ash will keep money in his pocket!!!

• Oleg G

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:35 AM

But Why would Joe will let him keep his money?

I mean, if he already gives him the money, so why not spend all that? Its not like we are full
    and just looking for one signing.

We still need the MC, and defenders. at least one or two. right?

I am thinking still that M’bia will be cheaper then Veloso, They will not sell him for 10M, they will still want 12-14M. And we don’t spend that kind of money on one player these days.

But lets say.
    So Nolan 4M, Veloso even 14M

Still left with 7 M. thats another Defender or 2 loans. no ?

• Oleg G

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I don’t understand in loans, but I just think that Saviola is not interested.

• pubcat

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:58 PM

If Smith is put in mf, I don’t feel as bad now because the qualities that Smith has been lacking in the past 2 years could be made up for by Nolan. Just hope Nolan stays fit!!!