We hope Joe Kinnear is doing well in hospital after the Newcastle players today sent him a fantastic get well soon message from The Hawthorns, and the lads showed great spirit in getting the vital win.
Joe Kinnear – great message sent by his players today
Here’s some reflections on the game today:
- This was a game in which the result was a lot more important than the performance and the lads got the job done
- All 3 new players had a part to play in this win – and each of them – Lovekrands, Nolan and R Taylor, looked good in the game, and less than £6M for the 3 of them makes them all look like bargain buys.
- Butt and Nolan bossed midfield from the start, and with Guthrie and Barton still to come back, our central midfield will look more than useful from now on
- The back four looked by far the weakest part of the side today, and the coaches must work with the four of them to ensure they are better drilled than they were today. Today they played far too high a line and were always prone to a WBA player breaking the offside trap.
- Steven Taylor made a bad mistake for their first goal and he must improve and cut out these mistakes, otherwise he’s just not going to stay in the big time.
- Steve Harper looked solid as usual and we think he’s going to start playing so well that Shay Given will not be missed – the French trouble-maker will certainly not be missed – so it’s like having 3 new players in the squad after January.
- WBA’s defense looked terrible and were responsible for all Newcastle 3 goals, and with any luck Newcastle could have had 5 before the break. It would have been criminal if Newcastle had not got all 3 points out of the game today.
- Ryan Taylor had a good game, and we think he will start every game under Kinnear. After watching the back four today maybe Ryan should be played in either full back spot, because he would be better than either of the full backs we currently have in the side.
- The Newcastle fans at the game were fantastic again, and gave a chorus of The Blaydon Races at the end of the game.
We hope this is the start of something new, and something better, at Newcastle United.
Howay The Lads!!