Ryan Taylor Proud To Pull On A Newcastle Shirt

News today in the Chronicle that Coloccini may miss the game at WBA today, and if that happens it could mean positional moves for our two Tayls.

ryan-taylor-ert

Ryan Taylor – I’ll play anywhere for Newcastle United

If Fabricio misses his first game of the season, Joe will probably switch Steven Taylor to center-back and bring in Ryan Taylor at right back, which is after all Ryan’s preferred position.

This is another reason Ryan will get lots of games at Newcastle because he can play on the flanks – either defending or going forward – and on either side.

Ryan has probably been interviewed more than most new players at the club, but his positive  interviews have helped lift the mood of the Newcastle supporters, as the club is getting criticized by Shay and the little French trouble-maker.

But only Shay’s comments are really being listened to, because we know Charles is off in his own little world.

Ryan has told the Evening Chronicle he doesn’t mind where he plays for Newcastle United:

“I don’t care where I play.” “I’ve got my own preferred position which is right-back.”

“But if you get that shirt, then you must give 100% wherever you are told to play.”

“If the gaffer wants me to play a different role I’ll be happy to do that. I just want to play and pull on a shirt.”

“As soon as I heard Newcastle were interested, I wanted to make the move. It all happened in such a short space of time.”

“There were no second thoughts – it was just a case of ‘I’d love to go and play for a club like this’.”

And wherever Ryan plays this afternoon, look for the first free-kick outside the penalty box, and Newcastle fans will expect Ryan to be given his first chance, to put that ball right into the back of the net.

The former Tranmere Rovers player continued:

“I’d like to think I’ll take some free-kicks for Newcastle.” “I want to take them, but there are good players here who will fancy them as well.”

“Obviously, with my history against this club, they realize what I can do.”

“They were all special goals for me, but my favourite would be the first one, which was my first Premier League goal.”

“That meant a lot. Every one of them has just been as nice, but the first one meant that little bit more as it was my first.”

“It was a 1-0 win and, despite everything that happened against Newcastle, it would have to be that one.”

“You go into every game thinking if you get a free-kick, you could score.” “With me, it just always seemed to be the same team all the time.”

“I think I need to redeem myself after scoring four against Newcastle.”

“It will be nice to get that first one.” “And if it was from a set play it would be nice to show the fans that I can do it for them as well.”

We can only imagine what the interview will be like after today’s game if he manages to score the winner.

Here’s hoping.

Howay The Lads!!

• MarkO

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM

If Colo is injured then LuaLua will play which is good, but then we will have S.Taylor at the back.

• Toon_Sydney

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:56 PM

ryan taylors my boi

• hoothoot

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM

If he will play anywhere then please play him up front instead of shola !!!

• KevinHann

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Still no article about Kinnear? Come on, Ed, keep us informed!

• Toon_Sydney

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM

new link guys password : 2500

• toonarmyuk

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Harper

R Taylor S Taylor Bassong Enrique

Lua Lua Butt Nolan Duff

Martins Ameobi

Would like to see Lovenkrands get some time today as well. And Hughton will be running the choices, so hopefully we will see a sub made before 88 minutes today!

KevinHann – are you really THAT lazy that you dont want to look at other sports pages to get news on Kinnear!? Its on EVERY sports site going now. But just in case you are afraid to navigate away from this site, it just looks like he was feeling ill and they took him to hospital as a precautionary measure, what with his previous health issues and all.

• KevinHann

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:06 PM

toonarmyuk – if I can raise the issue, I have read it, don’t you think? I am asking for a topic where we could discuss this matter in particular, thank you for the sarcasm.

• toonarmyuk

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:07 PM

God forbid you chat about a subject other than the headline article. Would it hurt to discuss it here while Ed draws an article together?

• MarkO

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Team if COLO is injured:

Harper
    R.Taylor–S.Taylor–Bassong–Enrique
    LuaLua–Butt–Nolan–Loven
    Smith–Oba

If COLO isn’t injured:

Harper
    R.Taylor–Colo–Bassong–Enrique
    LuaLua–Butt–Nolan–Loven
    Smith–Oba

This is the team I would like to see but it wont happen.

• KevinHann

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I am not rushing anyone, mate, don’t come all out on me. I noticed the news quite a while ago, while Ed posted articles about Taylor. It’s not that I criticise him in any manner, it was a polite reminder.

All good.

• Rodzilla

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Toon_Sydney

…what’s the link mate? Is that a live stream for the Toon game? I use a Mac and the only site I’ve ever found that works on my platform is veetle.com – all the other P2P sites seem to use drivers only available for PC. Your link seems to work on my Mac, well, I’m not getting any error messages.