Best Wishes Today For A Speedy Recovery, Joe Kinnear

Joe Kinnear will be having a triple bypass operation today, and of course the most important thing is the operation is a complete success, and Joe Kinnear is put on his way back to good health.

joe-kinnear-23748

Kinnear – triple bypass surgery today – best wishes Joe!

Joe Kinnear has been in his dream job since late last September, and there’s not many Geordie fans who would say he hasn’t given everything he’s had to the cause to keep Newcastle in the Premier League this season.

That’s independent of whether you like Joe or not.

The last 8 games have been tough, caused in the main by yet another injury crisis at the club, but with the new players brought in during January and injured players like Smith, Viduka and Martins fit again, things are starting to look up again at Newcastle.

Joe has been offered a two year deal at the club, but has so far declined to sign the contract, and while it’s still possible that his health may prevent him from accepting what for Joe is a miracle job – we doubt it.

Earlier yesterday, in a club statement issued by the Newcastle Board, who have gone out of their way to better communicate with the loyal Newcastle fans this week, Kinnear, who has been in hospital since last Saturday, was quioted as saying:

“I’ve really appreciated all the get-well messages I’ve received from people over the last week and I’d like to thank everyone who has been in touch.”

The news is that the hospital at Sutton Coldfield has been inundated with get well messages this week for the Newcastle United manager.

Newcastle’s Managing Director Derek Llambias, who last night visited Kinnear in hospital with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley said:

“I’m sure the whole football community will join Newcastle United in wishing Joe a speedy recovery.”

Steve Harper, the Newcastle goalkeeper, added:

“It’s not the same not having Joe about the place. Hopefully we’ll see him back soon.”

“I spoke to him on Monday and he’s in really good spirits.”

“He’s frustrated, being in hospital, because he’s the sort of person who’s at the training ground before everybody else and the last one off it.”

First things first, and we are hoping that Joe comes through the operation with flying colors today, and hopefully there are many Newcastle fans who will welcome him back at the club he’s given so much to, over the last 4 months.

Best of luck – Joe Kinnear – we truly wish you well.

• DJG

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Get well soon Joe… 1st

• Mongo

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM

All the best and a speedy recovery Joe!

Lets have 3 points from the Everton game, sure that will put a smile on his mush! 🙂

• DJG

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Lets start his recovery by filling the stadium next Sunday and making an intimidating atmosphere for Everton. Lets not give them an inch from the very start.

After his operation im sure Joe will feel much better. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery and come back to sign his 3 year contract.

• DJG

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:08 AM

”Kinnear, 62, made it clear that despite the growing uncertainty over his future, he aimed to return to St James’ Park when he said: “JK will be back.” the Telegraph

Im sure he will, faster than Arnie in Terminator 2.

• messi_is_king

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:46 AM

i hope joe gets well soon – but i dont want him to sign a 3 year contract!

• Toon_Ksk (Huh? u mean David Craig is real?)

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:47 AM

It’s a heart bypass operation, quite a risky operation, let’s hope it turns out smooth and successful. He won’t be back too soon I’m afraid, at least 3 weeks out.

Now we have our manager adding to the injury list.

• tripp

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:11 AM

No kidding. It really sums up the whole bloody season. Know one is safe from injury it would seem. I hope Joe plays is safe and takes his time coming back. He’d be wise to swear off the tabs. There’s no point in getting heart surgery if he smerks 3 packs a day.

Get well Joe and take care of yourself!

• Spyro

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Hopefully he makes a good recovery, but I think it would be in the best interest of the club if the doctors told him he had to retire from football. Now, im not like Ryantoon, and I dont wish any ill effects on Joe, but Its not doing the club, or his heart and good keeping him on.

• Sav

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Broke faith with one manager this season, half-killed another and now on our 4th managerial partnership to take charge since August. Looks like a ready-made excuse in case we go down rather than blame dogged adherence to a discredited management structure or lack of ambition and investment in the transfer market.

Still, good luck to Joe and best wished to his family. He took us on when no-one else would and for that we should be grateful.

• Joseph

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Good Luck Joe I’ll say a prayer for you

• Sav

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:38 AM

I also hope they take medical advice before relaying any of our next half-dozen games to Joe in a blow-by-blow commentary unless they’re determined to flat-line him.

The effect is also likely to be severely damaging to the health of 52000 other people.

• Michael12

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Get well soon Joe.

• Sav

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:41 AM

Hope it works for Joe but it didn’t seem to do much to improve Souey.

• WesToon

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Get well soon gaffer 🙁

Thank you from every “true” Newcastle fan,for stepping in,when everyone else turned their backs on us,you will ALWAYS be remembered for your passion & effort

Long live Joe F@cking Kinnear 🙂

• jim

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Aye Joe wish u all the best and a speedy recovery-ya tough as awld boots man! 😉

• Wigaz

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:44 AM

On news now there’s a story with Darren bent he’s quoted saying he needs to be playing & he will look elsewhere in summer if harry cant give hom games. He’s got 14 g0als this season & he’s only 25 still! there’s our new no 10 if or shall i say when owen leaves. He’ll bang them in for us!

• WesToon

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Agreed Wigaz

• bennytoon

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Heard this morning that Poyet is nailed on for the job!

• Andynufctt

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Our prayers are with you Joe.

• Guinea Mag

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Joe; trust the operation goes well and wish you a speedy recovery bonny lad!

Now let’s fill the stadium against Everton and ensure we get the 3 points needed against Everton…..

• catchy in norway

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:45 AM

thinking off you,,, get well soon

• catchy in norway

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:47 AM

you know waht,,, there is somtning i like about poyet,,, hes got to be worth a shot.

• bettyswollocks

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:48 AM

benny – hope for once you are right. At least he has a working relationship with the dwarf already. If wise is here to stay then it makes sense to have someone working ‘under’ him who can actually stand being in the same room as him.

Besides that Gus is a far better option than the likes of venables and robson. I know he is associated with wise but personally I couldnt give a toss about all of that. He might just be the best man for the job in the situation that we are in. Besides he must be a canny lad helping to keep your mob at the bottom of the table for so long 🙂

• Guinea Mag

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Bennytoon; do you rate Poyet then?

Poyet’s friendship with Dennis Wise will likely make him a hated man in Tyneside so better to go for some one like Venables who is tried and tested…..

I have nothing against Poyet (or Wise), just want Newcastle to stay in the PL and our upcoming games are difficult!

• ronaldeano

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM

@Babytool

REALY? Poyet!!! WOW!

Where did you hear that?

Did one of your clients tell you that when he gave you a tenner for your services last night?

• bennytoon

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:55 AM

bettyswollocks- what do you mean for once i am right. I have a 90 % itk record at least!

guineamag- I do personally rate him. I know that ashley wanted him whilst he was at spurs and did enquire about him. I think it is a hell of a risk though as he hasnt managed in the prem but the spurs players i talk to rated him very highly and were surprised he got the boot.

I dont know what the odds on him joining are but i am lumping on when the bookies next door opens.

• ronaldeano

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Spurs players you talk to?!! Hahahaha

nob

Are they your clients babytool?!!!

• Guinea Mag

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Thanks Benny; regardless who we get (and we need someone) the next 4 home games are very difficult and why we need someone with experience……

• coyote

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:06 AM

all the best Joe
    get well soon
    lets be united at the everton game and get 3 points for him
    I’m sure that’ll make him better quicker

• sahota

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Get well soon Joe. Every Newcastle fan should pray for him and wish him well. He has done well for us considering what situation he came in.

• Ericles

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Well said WesToon. All the best Joe for a good recovery. I had my first bypass in 1989 and my second in 2007 when I was 63 – when I came round I wanted to know who would be playing for the Toon the coming Saturday. If I know you Joe you will be trying to pick it. You have the respect of the fans cos you got stuck in and did your best when all others (e.g., the press) were doing us down. Thanks.

• bowburnmag

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Despite famous soundbytes, we all know football is not more important than life and death. I love my football club but above all else I hope he comes out of this ok and can be restored to good health. I never saw him as the best man for the job but then it wasn’t a case of that. He hasn’t done much to change my mind but I’d like to think they can fix him and he could come and shove my opinion and other’s up our backsides. Alternatively, if his health and the recommendations mean he can’t, I hope he can retire with good grace now able to say he managed a big club and can live out his remaining years without the stress and grief this club brings with it.

• bettyswollocks

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM

benny – i seem to remember not so long ago you said something along the lines of – if the toon signed any player on a permanent in january you wouldn’t come back on this blog again. Pretty much straight after that we signed nolan and taylor. Yet here you are – still here. Not that I’m bothered like

• bennytoon

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

bettyswollocks- But i redeemed myself with the news about robinho and the re signing of keane.

• ronaldeano

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Neither am i Bettyswolloks

I like taking the piss out of him 😉

• bennytoon

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

ronaldeano- You havent successfully taken the piss once. You just make yourself look a bigger prick every day with your weak attempts. If you are going to try and be the forum joker at least try and be amusing.

Note: Pictures of catroon characters logging onto a computer isnt funny.

• Sav

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Get well Joe

………….but no rush like.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM

bennytoon // Feb 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

————————————————————

It was said 4 days before you said it and it was fairly obvious to be honest, now do one you little rat.

• bennytoon

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:33 PM

tomtoon- still got the hump. haha Actually tom posters on here admitted that i did have the news before the media. so there.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I can get you a comment where it was clearly stated way before you said it.