Nolan – Newcastle Up For Everton Game On Sunday

Kevin Nolan was born and bred in Liverpool, and when he was just 14 he was playing for the Liverpool schoolboys team.

Kevin Nolan – determined to get results for Newcastle

But Kevin joined the Bolton Youth system when he was just 15 years old back in 1997, and stayed there until he joined Newcastle United last month.

Kevin Nolan, who has brought his competitive leadership abilities to Tyneside, talked about the Everton game today:

“We’re in this business to get results and we’ll be trying to do that against Everton at home.”

“We’re really up for it and we’ll be ready on Sunday.” “The people in Newcastle have made me feel really welcome, and we want to get results for them.”

“They are all fantastic lads here and that makes it easier for me.” “I love the fans too – they have been great with me and it’s absolutely brilliant stepping out in front of 50,000 fans.”

“They sold out on the last away game and they never stopped singing.” “The boys told me about them before I came, but experiencing them has been even better.”

“We’ve picked up four points out of six in the last two games but seven out of nine would be better.” “We really deserved to beat West Brom – although we were a bit negative in the second half.”

“But when you are down their scrapping for your lives, that’s what you need to do.”

Kevin has looked strong in midfield playing alongside Nicky Butt, and we look for another strong performance form the two of them this Sunday afternoon, and with a little luck, there’s no reason why we cannot get all 3 points.

We certainly need all the points we can muster in the next few games.

• ELFER

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:26 PM

We still haven’t got a real defensive midfielder…we need to address that in the summer, but for now unfortunately BUTT has to step in there…hope he stops slappy passing.

Althought I’m confident we can get a win. My prediction would be 3:1!

• Monster

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I reckon we’ve got a great DM in Collocini. I wouldn’t sacrifice him from the back four atm tho.

• ELFER

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:42 PM

We tried it ones and it didn’t workout…I was also thinking about that colo could do that job for us, but we need a real born DM. Desperately! I’m confident that our defenders will look better if we have a veloso in front of them.

• xfer

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:49 PM

52000 mate.

• TORONTOON

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM

colo looks tired. have him come on in 60min for s.taylor

geremi played ok as a DM.

i miss faye he was a towering figure in the center

our team is looking better though…

• Toon_Factor

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Monster

I agree with you we should play Coloccini in DM, ive seen him play there before, he needs a run in there

• MDS

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Colo was terrible at DM in his one run out there.

We need guthrie back to pair with Nolan. A DM should be a priority this summer. Our back 4 gets no help and is way too stressed

• Pons Aelius

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM

All we need know is Steve Gerrard and our Scouse midfield will be complete!

Guthrie-Nolan-Barton-R Taylor

Not a bad line up 😀 Guthrie would be pants on the wing but the accents would be a laugh 🙂

• Kevin Nichol

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Playing colo @ dm is an awful shout to be fair! He is a defender; square pers in round holes won’t get us anywhere! We saw that against a really poor man city side!

I havent seen anything of this veloso kid; but from what ive heard he hasnt set the world alight this season! I also ask myself; if he is a 12 million pound player; why havent any bigger clubs come in for him?

Again; i havent really seen anything of this M’Bia! 8-10 million is a lot of money and that kind of cash needs to be spent wisely as our days of overspending on foreign flops needs to be a thing of the past! I like alot of the african players in the prem; big, strong, powerful and quick! He sounds perfect for us; but could be another amady faye!!!

It will be interesting in the summer

***Tom_Toom***

“It’s common knowledge on this blog that i hate you”….

Don’t be so hard on yourself kid! I’ve never said i hate you; thats a little harsh and may i say so; dramatic! I just think it’s a little funny how you harp on about all these foreigner’s we should buy and also thought it was a tad amusing how AO used to call you a super scout!

You bite far too easily…be kool my friend…be kool x

• DJG

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Pons Aelius // Feb 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM

All we need know is Steve Gerrard and our Scouse midfield will be complete!

Guthrie-Nolan-Barton-R Taylor

Not a bad line up Guthrie would be pants on the wing but the accents would be a laugh

Guthrie is Shrewsbury in Shropshire.

• club insider

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Be even better if we had a geordie midfield !! 🙂

• Pons Aelius

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM

DJG – oops!

Sorry, an assumption from him being a Liverpool player!

• Whumpie

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

If we had an all-scouse midfield, the opposition would get past them easily enough, but only with their boots and bling gone missing…

And yep, wor Guthrie is from the wonderful town of Shrewsbury. Nowhere near the ‘pool.

• Whumpie

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I had a one-night stand with a scouse lass once. I woke up on a pile of bricks and the bed had gone…

Ayyyythangyaw. I’m here all week.

• club insider

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Whumpie,

I think you need to get your coat mate ! 😉

• club insider

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM

posted this on an earlier blog but htink it is better on here ! 😀

Loved the singing to the Everton fans last season too!

‘Who’s that eating out of a bin? Is it a scouser? Is it a scouser?’

(to the tune of the automatics, is it a monster?)

Priceless !

• Duffman

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Some may disagree with this, but I thought that Cacapa was a better holding midfielder than Colo was. Without Barton/Guthrie, let’s suprise them with a 4-3-3
    ————–Harper——–
    S. Taylor-Colo-Bassong-Enrique
    —-R.Taylor-Nolan–Jonas
    -Loven—-Viduka—Martins

Not too much pace in midfield, but just hoof it up to the duke and let Martins and Loven work around him. It might help Jonas get involved closer to goal, and Ryan Taylor needs to keep coming forward because I think he makes things happen with a cracking shot.