Everton Such A Good And Organized Side

Newcastle have 27 points and are 4 points above Blackburn Rovers, who are in 18th position, and while usually 40 points defines safety in the Premier league, that hasn’t always been the case.

steve-harper-33.jpg

Steve Harper – Everton are very organized

Steve Harper talked to the Evening Chronicle today:

“The 40-point mark is not a million miles away.” “Glenn Roeder used to tell us every day he was at West Ham and they went down with 42.”

“Whether it be 34 or 42, what is enough to keep us up is irrelevant.” “The least we must finish is 17th – and we want to finish as high we possibly can.”

“We just have to get as many points as possible.” “Our immediate priority is to get more points than the bottom three.”

“Hopefully, once we are safe we can concentrate on moving out of the bottom half and into the top.” “At the moment there are a dozen teams at the bottom fighting for their lives.”

Steve Harper also seems to have every faith in Chris Hughton, who will be in charge until Joe Kinnear can return to the dugout in a couple of months:

Steve continued:

“Chris was in charge earlier in the season – we do not see this as an adverse situation.” “Chris, Colin Calderwood and Paul Barron are three very, very good coaches who are very experienced too.”

“They have been very experienced players in their time too, so we are in good hands.” “We just have to go into tomorrow from the off and come out with all guns blazing.”

“It will be a tough game. They are a very well-organised side and I think David Moyes and Steve Round have done a great job.” “When you mix hard work and organisation with quality, then you have a good side. “

“They have proved it this season.”

Everton have good players like Tim Cahill and Tony Hibbert missing, and while we need to take advantage of that, Everton always seem to put out a team that is competitive.

And of course the game at Goodison Park was Joe’s first game in charge, and we showed great spirit in coming back from 2-0 down to get a very good 2-2 draw.

Steve continued:

“We were 2-0 down in the first game at Goodison. “We showed a lot of character and determination to fight back and gain a draw.

“Goodison is a tough place to go, but we proved then we can compete with them and we will be trying to do the same again.”

The game also starts a series of very tough home games for Newcastle with Everton, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea, all top six teams to follow in the coming weeks.

Harper said:

“We have four massive home games now.” “We managed to pull off a good win at West Brom, but now we go into a tough run of home games.”

“We will have 50,000 behind us against Everton and it is up to us to continue what we did in the Sunderland game in the second half.”

“We kept that up against West Brom in the first half – now we have to keep up that tempo.”

Tomorrow’s game is almost a watershed game, because as defeat will set the alarm bells off at Newcastle, but a draw or a win would be acceptable, with a win of course really being what we need.

The lads showed good form and spirit at WBA, and with the new lads now better bedded into the team, we may be able to put on a top show that could take all 3 points.

That’s exactly what we want to see tomorrow.  😀

Howay The Lads!!

• AndyNUFC

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Such a must win game tomorrow, and unfortunately it’s against such a good side.

• Dulcinera

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Bobby Ollox and Batty are Idiots who don’t understand the concept of Irony, i didn’t say people with heart problems were above criticism. I was trying to point out that Batty’s criticism of Stardust for Making fun of Jade goody because she has Cancer is no different than Batty insulting Kinnnear, a Man with heart problems.

Jade Goody makes me absolutely sick

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Dulcinera – where’d you get the opinion I’d made fun of someone with cancer? Whats Batty saying?

I’d never do that – I made a comment about – I wouldnt be suprised if Jade got better – I cant even remember the words I used as I think she is a dispicible character that would play up and overstate anything for money or to claw back her reputation that was smashed in Shilpagate.

But laughing at cancer and not liking a character are two different things.

• Dulcinera

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Stardust, i read in a previous post from Batty where he implied you were making fun of Someone with cancer, Jade Goody in this case.

That’s exactly My mentality on the subject as well. I’d never wish cancer upon anyone but the woman is absoultely vile. I read a quote from her in the paper recently, “i’ve lived in front of cameras, now i’ll die in front of them”. That is disgusting. The woman is on her deathbed and she is still signing Tv contracts.

• Toon_Factor

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Link 4 sunderland game????

• jordi

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Ed – When you say:

“Steve was in charge earlier in the season and we lost all 5 games, so a win tomorrow is important, so we don’t start to repeat that poor form, at this crucial stage of the season.”

I take it the Steve you’re referring to is Chris Hughton…

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Cheers Dulcinera – I made a comment I think yesterday might have been an update on SBR that relates to yours “The woman is on her deathbed and she is still signing Tv contracts.” I said something like I wouldnt be suprised if it was overstated and she got better.

It was a remark about her not the illness for gods sake.

But low lifes like Batty will try and throw dispicible lines like that with the illness itself to pointscore.

I know I can look in hte mirror and know I didnt use an illness to do it – can he?

Anyway back to football fella – this is getting more like the Dear Deadrie Blog lol

• batty

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Stardust // Feb 20, 2009 at 1:19 PM

On a terrible note Geordie – I am half expecting Jade to make a miracle recovery – thats the esteem I hold her in, terrible thing to say if whe is genuine but I just cant bring myself to like or trust a thing she says. Anyway back to footy lol
    <<<< what doe,s lol meen stardust

• batty

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:55 PM

STARDUST if you new it was a terrible thing to say why did you say it

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Stardust

I have replied to you on another thread – fella – never repeat another word to me – youre a total low life.

And I quote “BATTY you an absolute low life and disgrace – if this blog wasnt read by kids it would have started with a load of expletives – I was told by others that you had been posting the above on a number of threads. What kind of low life are you?

I need to make something clear to you – I dont like her as a person, dont trust her, dont care for her, she has covetted PR for money all her life and now she is on overdrive, I said I didnt trust her as she could overstate it – it was a comment about her character you scum bag – my comment was about her character – not the illness – get it you creep.

I would not and have not wished cancer nor have I laughed about it with anyone.

Youre a bloody disgrace – trying to points score with dross like that -you try to claim I am laughing at an illness then use that same illness to try and cheap points score about stuff I havent said. What kind of creep are you?

You dont know me, my background or what times it has affected me, my family or those around me.

Fella in the future dont post a single item for me to respond to – you really are the worst kind of low life – shoe scrapingly bad.”

Now get out of my face.

• batty

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM

and i never said you were laughing at the illness just suprised you came out and said something like that

• batty

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Stardust // Feb 20, 2009 at 1:19 PM

<<<<this tells me you are lower

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Made my point on the other thread – end of – this is a fottball thread – now stay out of my face you pile of stinking dog turd

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Just for others:

Batty – youre a f ing low life – its not something to make fun of and point score – I was making a point about her character

I was making the point I hold her in that low esteem, she covets and courts the press and had been shunned by everyone since Big Brother, now she is ill – we dont know how ill and she is milking it for millions.

Why cant you accept it was a point about Jade Goody – and now here you are trying to score points with the illness.

Batty stay out of my face, you really are akin to dog crap.

• ThaiMag

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Does anyone know where Aaron Spear is? I never hear about him for so long

• batty

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

STARDUST you are lower than a snakes belly. Dont keep slagging me because ov some thing you have said

• batty

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

its fckin sick and iam sure any one who has lost some one to the nasty disease will agree

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM

You are dead to me

• hitman

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM

stardust jade will not get better,but i get what your saying.

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Thanks Hitman

• ronaldeano

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM

pack in talking bollocks you pair of morons

• arctoa

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I’m getting fairly tired of seeing the same argument every time I look at a new article.

As for Everton, they’ve proven that it’s possible to construct a competitive squad for a small outlay and it’s the sort of direction I can see Ashley trying to take the club. Of course, they’ve got the right manager in for the job while we’ve got JFK.

• Rem

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I saw harper up by toscana, opposite that furniture store near st james the other day. He was on the phone monaing that (i guess his wife) wanted a bigger wedding ring. LOL

• Rem

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Yeah stardust, i get what you saying, you cant help but think she is milking it for everything she can. Every day in the papers, and its not fair to do that when so much more a suffering far worse than her, but everyone must feel so bad for her.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:43 AM

• Tom_Toon

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:44 AM

=

• Shanghaitoon

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Jade F””£**** Goody has even invaded this blog now… I thought it was supposed to be about football??????

don’t give her the publicity she craves…