Three New Boys Can Be The Difference Tomorrow

Our three new lads made a big difference last time out at WBA, and we hope all three will start tomorrow at home, and have just as positive an impact against Everton.

kevin-nolan-3451

Kevin Nolan – vital player for Newcastle tomorrow

Chris Hughton said today:

“The new boys have settled in very well.” “They knew a fair amount of the lads anyway and that helped them. It makes it easier.”

“One thing we do have at the training ground, irrespective of the difficult times we have gone through, is a very good spirit in training.”

“The new boys have come in and enhanced that.”

Chris Hughton would love to get Newcastle’s first home victory of 2009, and the Newcastle United squad seem to be in great spirits after a two week training spell together.

Newcastle’s last win on Tyneside came on December 21st last year when we beat Tottenham 2-1, and it was Duff’s dramatic 90th minute winner that had the 48,000 crowd on their feet.

But in our last four home games against Liverpool, West Ham, Hull and Sunderland the best we’ve done is a couple of draws, and that’s just no good enough.

Chris added:

“I think you want to go into every game at St James’s Park believing you can get a win. Everybody has been in good spirits this week.”

“We are aiming to keep that going with a good performance against Everton.”

“Each point is crucial to us at the moment, and the players have that in mind.”

This game will be a significant test for Chris and Colin Calderwood, as they try to steer the team towards safety, in the absence of Joe Kinnear.

And it could be our three new boys could be the difference tomorrow. Certainly every one of them contributed to the win at WBA, and it would be great to see a continuation of their fine play and dogged determination they showed two weeks ago.

And each one of them can play a bit too, and we look to Lovenkrands to start scoring those goals, as he showed at WBA he’s got quite an eye for goal, and he knows the more he scores the more likely he will be at Newcastle come September.

It’s all set to be a great game tomorrow, from two sides who have great determination and spirit, and maybe our three new lads, and the fantastic backing of a crowd of 50,000 can sway it in our favor.

We hope we can get that vital win tomorrow, then it’s onto Bolton and another 3 points will be the target there too.

Howay The Lads!!

• oba_9

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM

these 3 players have certainly improved our squad. more competition for places which in turn could make players play better. and taylor who can deliver a decent set piece.
    i think we have enough to beat everton 2moro, specially as cahill, felliani are out.
    im going 2-1 to the toon, oba to get the winner

• Toon_Factor

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Link 4 Sunderland game anyone????????

• jonny

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM

didier digard has jus gone off on a stretcher after lee cattermole dived in on him what a suprise.

what a thug that lad is.

• Doocey

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Cattermole again FFS!!!

Dirty tackle on Digard!! This lack needs locking up.

• Doocey

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM

LOL, Seems Jonny, you’re watching it too.!

• Toon_Factor

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:40 PM

How are you watching those games

• Doocey

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Online mate?
    Want a link?

• Ben_BKK

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I get them on TV 😛
    Been watching the Arsenal Sunderland match, Sunderland have been decent so far, which is an annoyance. Hopefully Arsenal will stuff them in the second half.

And I hear Cattermole is at it again… does no one see that that man is a hazard and should not be allowed on the pitch.

• jonny

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM

yeah i saw it, horrible challenge wasnt it.

• UTD111

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

HANG ON!!! I’ve just been reading that other thread about the demonstration tomorrow…..interesting reading….

So Stardust – the one who calls everybody “idiots” “morons” and “the mob” for “not supporting the club” and comes in here claiming to be “a supporter”:
    a) Jumped on the bandwagon when KK arrived in the 90s
    b) Didn’t “support the club” when Sir Bobby was there
    c) Didn’t “support the club” when Roeder was there
    d) Didn’t “support the club” when Freddie Shepherd was there

And he has the cheek to come in here with his silly attempts to lecture real fans??

The same Stardust who branded a United legend like Sir Kevin Keegan “a coward” in a post in December…..

Totally discredited….you can crawl back under your stone now Stardust

Fool

• Troubled Toon

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Derby U18s 2-4 NUFC U18s

Vuckic scored twice apparently

Anyone confirm this?

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:48 PM

UTD 111 – take it all the Mob are queueing up to have a go.

a) Jumped on the bandwagon when KK arrived in the 90s – INCORRECT BEEN A SUPPORTER AND SEASON TICKET HOLDER SINCE I WAS A KID – THATS BANTER BETWEEN STAVERS
    AND I WHO I KNOW.

b) Didn’t “support the club” when Sir Bobby was there – TOTALLY INCORRECT – STAVERS MISCHIEF.

c) Didn’t “support the club” when Roeder was there – HATED GLEN ROEDER- HE WAS A WEAK MAN – BLAMED YOUNG PLAYERS ALL THE TIME – TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY HIMSELF.

d) Didn’t “support the club” when Freddie Shepherd was there – NO I DIDNT SUPPORT FFS- FOR THE SAME REASONS I SUPPORT ASHLEY.

FFS TOOK ALL THE MONEY OUT THE CLUB – ASHLEY PUTS IN – IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN AT THIS JUNCTURE YOU ARENT WORTH DEBATING WITH.

Finally

Combination of C and D above meant I was in a city centre bar before the Arsenal Game with my mate, less than 5 minutes away from the ground. I looked at him, Roeder was manager – I said can you be botered to go and watch them – he said no – we sat in the bar wacthed it on TV and had a good drink and I never used my seats again until after GR had gone.

Do I need go on UTD 111 – you dont know me – Stavers does. Youre joining into banter you have no idea about fella thats all.

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Oh by the way – I stand by it – Keegan is a Coward.

I made that claim from September not December as stated.

Just read you last lines too UTD 11 – knee jerking again are we – exactly what I have accused you of for months.

Once more you show your weaknesses – crack on fella – I dont have to show you up – you do it to yourself.

• Marty-Toon

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM

BEATTIE has scored 2 today and playing really well in the PL
    I remember in the Transfer window almost getting linched for saying we should buy him.
    People on here saying he was useless n Injury Prone.
    He cannot be anymore Injury-prone than our guys
    He was a lot cheaper than Owen and he can score goals on a more regular basis

• mackie

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM

reckon McLoven and Oba up front would be a good pacy attack that could cause big problems for everton. Can’t see Ameobi’s holding up skills being any good against the Everton defence.

• mackie

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM

oh and if you want to watch the football every single match is always on http://www.iraqgoals.com Took me a while to find that but it is ALWAYS reliable- apart from toon wigan which apparently has aboslutely not drawing power and was never on ANYWHERE!

• mackie

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM

• mackie

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM

sorry i’m turning into spam, that last link needs an “S” added after “goal”

• NE3 NICK

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I’d have had him as well Marty Toon…

• jordi

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Is it just my imagination or did every game today go the wrong way for us? 🙁

Hope Manure can beat Blackburn at this rate!

• UTD111

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Stardust

You live in a confused world son. By your own statement above, you can “not support” Freddie Shepherd and/or Glen Roeder and still call yourself a fan supporting the club – a position which I actually agree with….

But if anyone in here has stated in the past they do not support, Ashley, Lambliar or the Dwarf – somehow in your strange world they “do not support the club” and “are not fans”

Ever heard the phrase “double standards”?

• Toon_Factor

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Well this is are remaining fixtures

Everton
    Bolton
    Man United
    Hull
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Tottenham
    Portsmouth
    Liverpool
    Middlesbrough
    Fulham
    Aston Villa

I think we need about 15 more points to survive

If we take out the games we will propbly loose, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa

That leaves 15 points from Everton, Bolton, Hull, Stoke, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Fulham

5 Wins/4wins, 3 draws

I dont know but Ive got a bad feeling we will get relegated 🙁

• StanHardy

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Would have thought the results werent at all bad for Toon.Boro draw,Portsmouth/Stoke draw and MU should beat Blackburn

• hitman

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM

jordi a win the morra we go 11th,thats if west brom beat fullham.

• StanHardy

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM

A win tomorrow could well mean a 7 point gap on the bottom 3

• UTD111

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Stardust // Feb 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Oh by the way – I stand by it – Keegan is a Coward.

YOU ARE A TOTAL DISGRACE

I made that claim from September not December as stated.

DECEMBER 10th 16:56 actually….

AND NEVER BACKED UP WITH EVEN A CRUMB OF LOGICAL ARGUMENT

I THINK NOT, THE EVIDENCE ABOUT YOU, HOWEVER IS BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION

• jordi

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I’d have much rather West Ham, Pompey, Wigan and Arsenal (of course 😉 ) had won today.

Bolton and Pompey went above us , Boro and Stoke gained ground on us and the Mackems went further in front.

Regardless of whether we can get to 11th tomorrow I still reckon today was bad for us results wise because even if we win we’re just treading water and not distancing ourselves from the pack.

It’s not just the bottom 3 I’m bothered about either, I’d quite like to finish higher than some other teams I’ll not bother mentioning. 😀

• Stardust

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:19 PM

UTD 111 – youve lost me – I couldnt stand the man running the club as he was removing countless millions – which is now estimated at 146million.

I saw real swindling in the accounts as I read them, you and your kind were happy with their trophy on tick not paid for signings as dividends were paid – you did not understand.

So a new man comes along who puts in 300million with not one bit of evidence that says he has taken a single penny out.

A swing of almost 450million in favour of NUFC.

And you have difficulty seeing why I see both cases differently???? My god you really have a pea brain havent you.

As morons go you really are in a league of your own.

• GazzaToon

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:38 PM

fans should not protest tomorrow ashley is doing a good job. its just the impatient fans that keep ruining our football club. we need consistency so go out and support your team on the field!!!!

• chuck

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Do you really have to rehash this old worn out argument, like a couple of kids in a pissing contest, enough allready !
    Believe the blog heading was about the “new boys”
    The only thing they have in common is they were all bargain basement priced.
    So we are to challenge for silverware with other peoples castoffs is it ?
    While getting rid of our best players(read highly paid), a cunning plan I have to admit.
    Meanwhile stocking the youth system with some of the best young talent from around the globe, who will develope into a team of worldbeaters at little cost.
    Problem is we could use some real talent in the first team if we are to ward off relegation and have everything go to hell, before the cunning plan comes to fruition.

• crazydave

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:52 PM

CHUCK what you waffling on about castoffs, Both Nolan and Taylor had been offered new contracts at their respective clubs, but decided to move on, and both set of supporters were sad to see them go. As for getting rid of our best players, I might agree with you with Shay, although Harper is just as good as, but Le Sulk your having a laff, he never was and would never be one of our better players, if he was that good why did none of the bigger teams come knocking on the door for him.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:53 AM

• Tom_Toon

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM

=

• chuck

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Bit late but Guthrie was let go by Liverpool, Rosenkrands was let go by Shalke, therefore castoffs, Taylor was 1.5 m. makeweight.
    Shay went for a decent price for a 30 odd year old and Bruce was smart enough to grab Zog and Nolan was admittedly surprised when he was sold, think we got a deal there.
    Rest my case.
    But hey believe what you want.