Still No Apology From Cattermole For Beye Horror Tackle

An excellent interview with Habib Beye today, conducted by the Evening Chronicle, and some good news about when Habib can return to the side.

habib-beye-410.gif

Habib Beye – back for Arsenal game on March 21st

Lee Cattermole last Boxing Day, at Wigan, shattered Beye’s ankle with another horror tackle, and before that he had also put Joey Barton in hospital, during the home game with Wigan on 15th November.

And has Cattermole apologized for any of these horror tackles?    We hear today there has not been a word of apology from the former Middlesbrough player – shame on him.

We wonder if he would like to be put out of the game for four months when somebody puts in a stupid tackle on him, and to say the very least, this does not reflect well on the character of Lee Caterrmole.

In fact Cattermole was in the middle of another storm at his old club Middlesbrough last weekend, with Didier Digard this time stretchered off, and facing a long-term lay-off, following another terrible tackle by Cattermole.

By the way compare Cattermole’s  actions to those of our own Kevin Nolan, who has apologized for his horror tackle on Anichebe last Sunday, and it has been accepted by both managers and Victor himself.  He also apologized to his team mates for letting them down.

Certainly Kevin is more of a class act than Lee Cattermole.

This boy is dangerous, and needs to be watched by the FA and Premier League officials – enough said. But back to good things – and Habib Beye.

Beye said today:

“We have talked about Chelsea on April 4.” “But I would like to think I could be back in the team for the Arsenal game (on March 21). I was determined to play again this season.”

“On Boxing Day, they thought four months – now I am one month ahead.” “If I’m back by the end of March there will be six or seven games to play.” “That wouldn’t be bad.”

“This has been a hard season for us so if I can salvage something from it, brilliant.” “The doctor said five or six weeks at the most and three weeks at the least.”

“I want to come back quicker, but the important thing is not to feel any pain when I come back. If it is three weeks, perfect. If it is five, it’s five.” “I have had a bad injury and I want to make sure I come back without pain.”

“There is no point in rushing now as I have waited almost three months.” “That is long enough, but I am confident of coming back quicker.” “Three weeks would be perfect.”

It turns out since the Wigan game Newcastle have won just one game in their last 10, ouch, and Beye admits his frustration at missing out on playing, after he also had trouble at the start of this season with Achilles problems.

Habib added:

“It was one of the most harrowing experiences of my career.” “I thought my leg was broken.”

“When I went to the hospital it was a relief as they said nothing was broken.”

“But when I came back to Newcastle the doc sent me for a scan to look at the ankle.”

It would be fitting to have Lee Cattermole at least apologize for the tackle – as we would have thought the players would need to stick together.

We hope we can shame Lee Cattermole into coming out and making an open apology for what he did – it’s never too late to do the right thing. Let’s check in the next week or so if he does that.

But it’s great news that Habib is approaching a return to the team – Newcastle have certainly missed him.

• Monster

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM

How many players has Cattermole hospitalised?

• AndyNUFC

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Right, basically, please put Beye at centre back alongside Bassong. They’re both french so can communicate better, and Beye has done very well there previously. He even had a good game against a certain former club legend some seasons ago. Coloccini really isn’t doing it right now.

We need to have R. Taylor at RIGHT BACK and Gutierrez on the wing.

• Nick 69

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM

cattermole is a total, and i very much doubt you can shame him into coming out and apologising Ed, i very much doubt he reads NUFC blogs

• Nick 69

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM

total w a nker tht was supposed 2 say

• carlkinso806

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM

beye please come
    we need u

• beyethegreat

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM

catermole has injured 4 players from the north east alone

beye barton digard and some meackem player

anyway

this should cheer people up

• rooks

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM

sounds like the sort of player we normally sign.

• Rodzilla

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM

beyethegreat // Feb 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post 6

….this one’s better!!

(Lee Cattermole crying)

• ObaMartins

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Lee Cattermole is 1 dirty player, its not a accident when he does the same to players time and time again.

• Doocey

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Absolute thug when it comes to tackling.
    Hate him. Gets away with it all the time too

• magpie6699

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I agree – once or even twice is bad luck, 3 times (or is it more?) in one season is something else. I have followed the Toon since the days of notorious hard men like Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner and “Chopper” Harris. Although they were always “hard” and often dirty – I don’t recall them sending so many players out of the game in one season.
    The slimeball seems to have perfected a style of tackle which looks legal ( one yellow only for 3 cripplings?) but which is likely to cause severe damage. How long before someone is put out of the game permanently? It cannot be coincidence and sooner or later it will happen to another player. I think the FA should be studying videos of all the relevant “tackles” to see what he is doing.

• Obafan

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Cattermole is the dirtiest player I’ve ever seen. He injures players every week. And the most hating thing is that the FA do not have the guts to ban him.

He should never be allowed to play football again. And Bruce is a disgrace by always defending him. How can you do that if you are a descent person???

• 619nufc

Feb 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Can he even spell apology?

Or does he just speak caveman (Living in Boro too long)

• Sav

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:30 AM

Sign him. Cattermole is hard but fair. Barton and Beye were unlucky, that’s all. If he could play football, he’d be even better. Nolan’s was the dirtiest tackle of the 4 we’re highlighting.