Doctors Will Decide When Kinnear Returns To Newcastle

Earlier this week Newcastle Managing Director Derek Llambias had said he hoped that manager Kinnear would return from heart bypass surgery for the trip to Stoke City on April 11th.

joe-kinnear-46576

Joe Kinnear – doctors will decide when he’s fit enough to return to the hot oven

Caretaker manager Chris Hughton does not expect Kinnear to return and take charge of the club’s activities quite so soon, and today stressed that the decision on just when Joe will come back is more in his doctors’ hands than in Joe’s. That’s probably good, for Joe’s sake.

Kinnear underwent open heart surgery on Friday, February 13, and doctors at that time said he would need to rest up for 8 weeks (at least).

So that would take us to April 10th, but today Chris Hughton thought that may be a little early, as he spoke to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle, and was asked if he expected Joe back then:

No, I don’t.” “I haven’t spoken to him about when he’s coming back because I know that is a decision he can make solely on medical advice.”

“What I do know is that as soon as the opportunity arises, he will come back.” “Most of the conversations I have with Joe are regarding the most important thing ie how is he?”

“Then, of course, we talk about the game, how training has gone and all of that.” “He’s still the manager. He may not be here right now, but he’s still the manager.”

So Joe is still having input into things at St. James’ Park, even though it would probably be a lot better for Kinnear to take a complete break from things, as he recovers.

But tell that to a guy like Joe, who is a workaholic if ever we saw one, and of course he is more than keen to keep Newcastle United in the Premier League for next season.

But Joe’s health is more important then how Newcastle are doing right now, but we know he’d rather manage a Premier League side, than a Championship side looking to be promoted, come September.

Of course the lads can ease any anxiety on Joe’s part, by starting to actually win games, which would be a welcome change for Newcastle fans.

• mcvicar

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:45 PM

just hope jk isnt intefiering with the team selection on match day hughton needs to pick the team he has confidence in because its him who takes the flak if the team loses and jk needs to listen to the doctors and come back when hes fit enough not before

• sirjasontoon

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Feel sorry for JK..and have little confidence in him,Houghton or Calderwood to motivate the team to win games…these guys are Championship style football personnel at best if we are brutally honest.

Before everyone jumps down my throat you only need to look at the results..yes we have had injuries but so have other teams.

We already know the results we got when Houghton was in charge for a short spell and this will undoubtably continue if these 3 are involved in 1st team activities.

• Stuart79

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Bloody Circus!

• Toon Sweden77

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Cant say anything else other then that I agree with Sirjasontoon..

• sirjasontoon

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Cheers…It’s not a swipe at JK personally I think he is a decent bloke just not a modern football man and his time is in the past.

I think his appointment was down to money more than anything good managers cost alot of money but they used the excuse that nobody wanted the job.

Mike has taken some big gambles with Newcastle and he must surely be worried sick on the financial implications if we go down.

• batty

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM

STARDUSTS horse running in the 320 at cheltenham MOBAASHER get on

• sirjasontoon

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I hope it breaks its neck…haha only messin stardust I love you really Fella !

• waddler

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Its squeeky bum time till the end of the season.
    How close is Barton to a recall?

• Mag 48

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Whatever happens this season win loose religation or manage to stay up.If we go into next season with this management set up they can count me out It will be supporting my local non league side for me and my family!!

• Spitfire

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I have a theory that JFK has not had a triple heart bypass : he had plastic surgery which was not entirely successful and is in fact Guus Hidink. does no one else find it strange how he suddenly appeared when Joe disappeared and there is a distinctly similar look about the pair of them

• Ericles

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I think sirjasontoon is right about our management team. As far as Joe goes – he has to stay away from work until he is ready. I had my second bypass in May 2007 aged 63 and I did not get back to work until September end. That is 4 months Joe so listen to yourreal quacks and not that duck Lamearse! The fight against relegation is up to the players and the fans not the Coca Cola coaches!

• Tom_Toon

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I cant unerstand why we haven’t termintated Fatty Kinnears contract. The board are gambling with our safety because they dont want to be seen as immoral and they want an idiotic yes man, even though this yes man is a absolute farce of a manager and if we did go down he would not get us promoted.

• Premiership Manager

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:26 PM

The club should pay JK off as he has done a reasonable job on limited resources.

If he does come back we could find ourselves in the same position next Christmas due to the stresses of the job and the board need to take this into consideration as we need stability and not uncertainty for the future.

It does amaze me how the board constantly make school boy errors when managing the club and they more than anyone should realise that we need a new manager sooner rather than later.

I wish JK all the best and I would hate for this club to be the death of him

• Nick D

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Sirjasontoon

Could not have put it better. Rubbish management brought about by the mob’s demo.

Look at Zola at West ham, up to 7th. No fuss, no riots. That demo has cost us ever getting a decent manager now and our premiership status.

Wass KK really worth all this???????

• Sav

Mar 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM

‘Rubbish management brought about by the mob’s demo’………What?
    Which comic did you get that nonsense out of? I bet you were a good boy at school, too NickD. Never got your fingers burnt and never put yourself out to stand up for anything?

• Rodzilla

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Spitfire // Mar 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM —-10

hahaha, yes mate. I’m convinced that’s true. Your theories hold much water however it’s a poor show from the surgeons on the…”distinctly similar look ” front.