Jonas Gutierrez Ready To Use Relegation Experience

Jonas Gutierrez, who is already a fan favorite at Newcastle, has said today he will use all his experience from previous relegation battles with his previous club Real Mallorca, to ensure Newcastle United can survive in the Premier League this season.

Jonas Gutierrez – has had relegation experience with Real Mallorca

It turns out that Jonas in his first two seasons at Mallorca, had to fight for survival in the Spanish First division, and the lads won their fight to stave off relegation to the Seconda Liga.

Jonas has said today he doesn’t mind where Newcastle finish up in the Premier League this season, just as long as the team can stay up and guarantee Premier League action next season.

Hopefully we can do that, and the Newcastle Board can then ensure we’ll have a better squad for next season, and maybe we can look forward to even finishing in the top half of the table, and that would be good, and a nice change.

The 25-year-old Argentine International said this morning:

“I have been in relegation battles before with Real Mallorca in my first two seasons,” “We stayed up in both of those years before finishing seventh in my last season.”

“But now, with Newcastle, I don’t mind where we finish as long as we stay in the Premier League.” “I believe we have the quality to do that and I am confident we will avoid relegation.”

“It is simple – we need to win games and get as many points as possible.” “Hull is very, very important. A win would take us up the table and would be very good for confidence.”

It also looks like Jonas is almost back to the top form he showed at the beginning of the season, and he can certainly be one of our key players during the run-in.

One thing is for certain right now, and that is we need some heroes at Newcastle to stand up and be counted, and start to produce the form that will ensure the club starts winning games, and gets out of the relegation quagmire, just as soon as possible.

We need all the big guns in the team to start firing – together – so we can blow some teams away, starting at Hull tomorrow.     😀

• Toon Graeme

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I expect the usual PR onslaught on all press today (local) in the run upto tomorrow.

Just been looking at the table and I feel sick!

OH Guierrez from Bonas Aires!! (forgive the spelling)

• Toon Graeme

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

How the hell did I spell his name wrong! DOH!!

• bennytoon

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I dont usually come on here over the weekends but i think i will try to get in front of a computer for 5:00 tomorrow. I predict a riot.

• spiderpig

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM

jonas needs a goal more than i need a beer and thats saying something.100% effort.no goals.not good. can everyone remember laurent, laurent robert everybody knows his name.
    sir bob would have had spidey hitting the net.no worries

• sahota

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Benny, You won’t come tomorrow evening as we will win tomorrow. I have seen in past too, you jump jump and jump and laugh when we lose, otherwise you don’t turn up. Com’on Newcastle…..

• bennytoon

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:32 AM

sahota- you are wrong there. when spurs lost to newcastle i was on here the next day. You are right that i probably wont be on here though at the weekend as i have a life(however meaningless) away from this blog. I have a feeling you might win but i wouldnt put money on it.

• ronaldeano

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Babytool

You have a life do you?

Does it involve putting on womens clothing and swinging your handbag on a street corner in Soho by any chance?

• Micky Toon

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Babyfool – You weren’t on here much until you went above us in the league. You’ve got less balls than a neutered cat and less integrity than Gordon Brown.
    You must be as bemused as I am at the moment as you get so many people actually still biting at your rubbish efforts to troll. You are only one step behind 51Times in the effort you must put in just to get a rise. Now that is sad.

• TonyGreenSupreme

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM

IMO tomorrow’s game is without doubt the most important game in our recent history. Having tasted relegation in 78 and 89 I never thought we would struggle again so badly.
    We must win tomorrow, however I have no faith in the present team. I.E distinct lack of creativity and passion.
    If we lose this match we are down……………………….
    “COME ON LADS SHOW US YOUR PASSION”

• SuperShearer

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Benny you don’t have a life otherwise why would you spend so much time on another team’s blog? For the record I quite like you on here, it’s like the blog has it’s very own little pet gimp.

• Micky Toon

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:56 PM

TGS – I’m not so sure. I think this will go right to the wire. It is a very important game, but it won’t decide if we stay up or not.
    We need to show the same commitment as we did against ManU. It’s no good turning it on for the big teams and then just moping about the pitch for the rest of them.

• ronaldeano

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM

LOL SuperShearer 🙂

NUFC blogs pet gimp…..

Step forward Babyfool!!!!

• bennytoon

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:05 PM

RONALDEANO- And you my very own goldfish in a barrel that i can shoot at any time. Swim fishy.

• Robby Bobson

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:21 PM

What does using relegation experience mean anyway?

What, so he is actually going to play well opposed to not if we werent in a relegation scrap. Nothing against Jonas, i just hate that expression.

Anyway, we all know what we are getting from Jonas…hard working, full of running and some quality.

• ronaldeano

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM

AAAAHAHAHAHA!!!

That was very funny Babyfool!

Seriously, it was…. :oI

• TonyGreenSupreme

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I quite like Jonas, would prefer him to do most of his work in the last 3rd. He needs to look up more in order to pick out the vital pass and have more shots on target.

• bennytoon

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM

lets be honest, jonas is rubbish!

• Toon_Factor

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM

bennytoon………………….

• ronaldeano

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:38 PM

A bit like your missus in the bedroom then Babyfool 😉

• Tom_Toon