Beardsley Sees Michael Owen Coming Through For Newcastle

Peter Beardsley has always been a positive person, and now that Michael Owen is fit again he sees a big opportunity in the two upcoming games against top liners Arsenal and Chelsea.

peter-beardsley-_1212550c

Peter Beardsley – backs Owen to come through this season

Peter talked about the state of Newcastle United right now, and doesn’t think things are quite as bad as some fans may think.

Peter said today:

“I don’t think they’re in as bad a state as everybody says. I’m biased because its my team,”   “When you look at it, we probably have to win three games, and I think they’re more than capable of doing that.”

“We’ve always done okay against Arsenal and Chelsea at home in the past and, with all due respect to Stoke, we’d expect to go there and get at least a point.”  “It’s not ideal at the moment but I’ve said before and I’ll say it again – Mike has not come here to fail.”

“He’s come here to succeed; to improve the club.”  “It hasn’t been ideal for him, he’s taken a lot of stick – unfairly in my opinion – but a lot of the fans I speak to now feel sorry for him.”

“Because he came in with the right intentions, it didn’t work out, but I think the fans realise that with people like Dennis Wise and Derek Llambias, the club is in good hands and there are reasons to be optimistic about the future.

“There are some great kids coming through at the Academy.”

This is a great opportunity for Michael Owen to show his worth at Newcastle, since as we mentioned earlier today, he’s only started 60 games for the club since August, 2005.

But if Michael can indeed get some goals, he can save the club.

And of course the last thing Peter says is hard to argue with, since we have some fantastic youngsters at the club, and that looks like continuing well into the future.

17 year-old 6’2″ striker Nile Ranger, whom we profiled yesterday, is one of the best and brightest coming through, although he’s just one of many.

Comments very welcome.

• Stuart79

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Can’t you tell he’s on the payroll?

Can he be anymore out of touch with the thoughts of the fans?

• Corinthian

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• bennytoon

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I would have liked Beardsley to say where he thought those 3 wins would come from. Every season at least 1 team in the bottom 3 puts a run together about this time and pulls clear. You just have to hope its newcastle!

• batty

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM

bennytoon thats all we have left hope me little cockney sparrow

• stevt_0_3

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:51 AM

We have got some fantastic youngsters at nufc at the minute but I’m willing to bet that none of them will make it to a first team regular as its Ashley’s policy to buy them cheap and sell on for a profit.

• Stuart79

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Is that a positive batty?

• Whumpie

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:02 PM

“I think the fans realise that with people like Dennis Wise and Derek Llambias, the club is in good hands”

Good grief, Beardo – couldn’t be more wrong, mate. I’m more pro-Ashley (ok, less anti-Ashley) than most, but even I think Llambias and Wise are two of the worst people you could have at any club outside of London.

He’s right about the academy, though – and I’m quite excited that he seems to be coaching there at the moment. Hopefully that’ll become permanent, rather than this ‘ambassadorial role’ crap.

Gotta love our Pedro, though – so positive, and a decent bloke right through. And what an incredible player…

• sirjasontoon

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Haha the amount of spin is crazy I predicted this last week there is absolute turmoil and panic at the club..Mike and Co are finally seeing the chickens coming home to roost and ready to poop all-over his empire.

That load of tripe is biased,unproven and nothing but spin in a dire and desperate situation.

• Darling27

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Peter get your boots polished up!!!

• Nick 69

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:34 PM

spot talkin bollox peter, i used to like hearing what you had to say but you’ve started to talk a lot of rubbish and your obviously well out of touch with what the fans really think!!

• Nick 69

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:35 PM

bennytoon // Mar 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM

WE’RE NOT IN THE BOTTOM 3 U IDIOT!!!

• Ross

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM

nick69-there is a good chance we will be come the stoke game. I am for some reason, optomistic about the arsenal game.

• bennytoon

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM

nick69- You are joint third from bottom, fool.

• ronaldeano

Mar 19, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Babyfool

We are not in the bottom 3 because we have scored more goals than the teams in the bottom 3….

“fool” 😉