Kevin Nolan Just Itching To Prove His Worth To Newcastle

The good news for tomorrow’s game is that Kevin Nolan returns from his three match suspension, and we expect him to partner Nicky Butt in central midfield tomorrow against Arsenal.

kevin-nolan-45372

Kevin Nolan – ready to go against Arsenal

Nolan talked to nufcTV today:

“It’s been a tough couple of weeks, but I suppose you get what you deserve and that’s what I got,”

“But it’s given me a couple of weeks to work on a bit of an ankle problem I’ve had and I hope to come back fitter and stronger.”

“It’s also given me that bit extra time to settle and learn about the club and learn about the players.” “I’ve moved into a new home and, apart from the red card and suspension, everything is going well.”

Nolan now comes into contention for a return against Arsenal at home tomorrow, and it’s such a vital game that Kevin, nor surprisingly, would  love to be part of.

Kevin continued:

“I’m really looking forward to it and being available for selection has really put a spring in my step,” “But we’ve got a lot of lads back and it’s nice to see the treatment table empty this week.”

“Hopefully I’ll get back into the team as soon as possible and start playing well and cement my place.” “Don’t forget I was unbeaten in two-and-a-half games so that is something I can cling onto!”

“I’ve had a point to prove from the start, not only to the fans and other people but to myself.” “I’ve had to adapt to a new lifestyle and not being around my family all of the time.”

“But it’s a challenge I’m looking forward to and this is a fantastic opportunity for me.” “Hopefully if I do get the chance I can prove my worth again because that’s what it’s all about now.”

“It’s going to be a tough next nine games, but we’re really up for it and I think we’ll come through with flying colors.”

It seems that Nolan could be one of the players that could put in the performance that could get us something out of the Arsenal game, since Kevin has something to prove, having not been available for the previous three games.  Kevin is a great player for Newcastle, because the fantastic Newcastle crowd can inspire this lad into playing his best-ever football.

Kevin is an emotional player with guts galore, who will give everything for the team, and he will become very popular on Tyneside.  However,  we really need a top performance from him tomorrow night, and from the other players in the side too.

We can hopefully capture all 3 points with a little bit of luck tomorrow, and a great performance, but luck will have to be on our side for the victory. We hardly had much luck against Manchester United, where we could have been 3-0 up in that game in the first 20 minutes.

We expect the Liverpool-born player to start the game tomorrow, and now that Chris has lots of returning players to choose from, we should also have a very strong bench too.

Our substitutes tomorrow have to be used very wisely – unlike Hull City last Saturday, which arguably cost us 2 points.

Howay The Lads!!

• Ashley Hole

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Attack Attack..Arsenal counterattacks us…

• 51times

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Gazza doesn’t have what it takes to be a manager if you ask me. Better off a coach or a youth coach maybe…he needs a job, anyway.

• hitman

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM

all we can hope for is the teams below us dont get any points from there next 2 games,because with these dildos in charge at the toon we will get nout from our next 2 games.

• Toon Graeme

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Welcome back to the fold Kevin.

No excuses tomorrow.

For once I dont want to hear the post match excuses for a poor performance.

HOWAY THE LADS.

• Toon Graeme

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Hitman – with Stoke and Smoggies locking horns tomorrow its gonna make interesting reading the table before 1730pm.

• beyethegreat

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM

51 times i agree

• Purely Belter

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM

i reckon we’ll get barcelona in the quarters of champs league.

(just dreaming)

• Weezertron

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I reckon both Nolan and Harper need a few weeks on slimfast.

• hitman

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:41 AM

TG,were f**kin doomed mate,CH and JFK,arnt in wegners league he will out think them in a heart beat same as hiddik.

• bennytoon

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Good luck against the gooner scum at the weekend. I hope you at least get a draw, but then villa will probablky lose anyway. I think you will get stuffed but good luck anyway.

• Stuart79

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM

The question is will he play?

We never know wtih Hughtons team selections!

• beyethegreat

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

thanks for the support benny did u read thegazza article

• Toon Graeme

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Bennytoon – thanks there fella. I hope your wrong about the result (obviously) – I would say your boys are safe now.

• bennytoon

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM

beythegreat- The thing fergie doesnt realise is that united were rubbish back then. Spurs at the time were the countries glamour club. Fergie seems to think that man yoo have always been the best team in the world.

As for gazza managing newcastle. I wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.

• Toon Graeme

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Hitman – its a bitter pill to swallow in more ways than one. You can only cling onto the faith and hope that something will come good.

Where the hell do I get it from…..god knows, but it doesnt go away.

• geordies4life

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Great to see Nolan on the return i really rate the bloke and he just seems like hes got the character about him and the determination to help us. But unfortunately we need the whole team to step up if we are any chance of getting something out of the game with arsenal. And we need to not bring on Shola when we have other options up front because to be honest when i see the number 23 being held up in green numbers to come on the field i almost give up…and that might seem harsh but i really dont rate Ameobi as a premier league player….but if shola edges 1 off the boot into the back of the net so unconvincingly like he did against Man City (i think) then i will still go mental and chant oo shola ameobi..so i dont dislike the lad. But the toon has had so much bad luck this season that you just sometimes think somethings gota give and an upset will occur hopefully starting against Arsenal. Please stay in the Premier League NUFC!

• Shanghaitoon

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Nolan and Barton together in midfield … That should be enough to scare the living crap out of any other team… 🙂

• Tom_Toon

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Nolan has looked rubbish and overweight so far. He is nowhere near as good as Barton and Guthrie is also better than him.

• Sav

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Big deal.
    Not losing the head and staying on the pitch instead of getting banned, is another way players can show ‘bottle’ and ‘stomach for the fight’ etc. etc. That tackle on Anichebe was hot-headed and indisciplined.
    Just walk the walk, never mind talking the talk. same goes for the other Sunday to Friday heroes.

• Tom_Toon