Habib Beye – I Will Do All I Can To Save This Club

It’s great news that Habib Beye is fit again, but would you believe it, we have lost two other defenders in Steven Taylor and Sebastien Bassong on Saturday, in the defeat against Arsenal.

Habib Beye back again – Newcastle missed him

The 30-year-old former Marseilles captain was expected to be laid up for four months when he suffered ankle ligament dame at Wigan on Boxing Day, but the Senegal star returned to action against Arsenal at the weekend.

It  was great to have him back, and he got a good reception form Newcastle’s fans.  It turned out that Habib went in to replace Sebastien Bassong, who now has a hip injury, and likely to miss our next game against Chelsea.

And as soon as Beye came on, it looked like he had never been away and was racing down the right wing,  just as fans remembered him, when he was playing well earlier in the season.

Beye and Newcastle now have a two-week break to prepare for the visit of Champions League quarter finalists Chelsea, and maybe we will even be able to bring in an experienced manager before it’s too late. We’d be surprised if we can get anything out of this game, but we’ll take whatever we can get, whichever way we can get it.

The Paris-born defender told Newcastle United TV that he and his team-mates will be ready for Chelsea, when they arrive at St. James’ Park on Saturday April 4th with a 3:00 pm kick off time.

Habib said:

“We have eight games and 24 points to play for,” “It doesn’t matter who we play, we must try to get points from every game to save the club because that is all that’s important.”

“For me, I have been out for a long time but I feel good and will use the break to work on my condition.” “I have to be ready to play every game and I will be ready.”

“It is a bonus for me to be able to play because we thought I would be out for longer.” “Now I am back I will be doing all I can to save this club.”

One thing you need to fight relegation is not only the skill, but also the mental strength to go out and win the games, you really have to win to survive.

Beye has that strength, along with a few other Newcastle players, and we’ll need that type of guts and spirit, if we are to survive what is getting to be a serious struggle for survival.

• spiderpig

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM

nice

• RyanToon

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM

cheers habib can you tell the other players

• Toon Graeme

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I am glad that Beye is back.

• Danish_Magpie

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Give Beye the armband and see if he can lead us to safety. Go on Habib!

• LoonyToon @ graft

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Beye in at centre half for me now Tayls and Seb are injured…..

He played there alot for Marseille so knows whats required….

top player

• Toon Graeme

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Looney – Im following your thinking the fella

• Kash

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:16 PM

He’s my favourite player, proper class, but Hughton is taking us down at the moment!

• big boomer

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Its good that the players are talking up the fight. Its Ashley we want to hear from and how he run down the team and what he is going to do about it. We cannot and I mean cannot continue with hughton calderwood and clipboard. Once plan A had to be changed on saturday that was it the game up. These are the two most clueless iddiots ever put in charge of a team

• Ashley Hole

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Harper

S Taylor H Beye Bassong Enrique

Duff Nolan Barton Jonas

Owen Martins

Team line up starting against spurs

• Ashley Hole

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:32 PM

… with Venables

• Ashley Hole

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:34 PM

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! FOR YOUR PREMIER STATUS!!!

ICH BIN EIN TOON DOGFIGHTER!!!!

• Spitfire

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Please stop blaming Hughton and Calderwood. Its not their faul. They have been given the poisoned Chalice they did not ask for it. And although you can question their motivational skills and tactics and team choices you can’t blame them for the fix we are in. Indeed the players have to take an enormous amount of the blame for that. But its the board that has exacerbated the whole situation by feeble effort and colossal mistakes.

• lesh

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Totally agree Spitfire @ 12, it’s not their fault it’s the failure of Ashley and his so called directors who made those appointments and before that, presided over a season that was to be ill-starred from its start.

Come on Stardust, convince me otherwise…… I await with interest!

• Nathan

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Why are we blaming anyone for anything? This is not the time to be pointing fingers, we gain nothing at this stage from blaming people for the situation we are in.

Criticise all you want at the end of the season, but for now we just need to get behind our team and give them the support they need to get us out of this mess.

• Nathan

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I’ll add, I was actually disgusted at people booing at the Arsenal game, not only did they boo a player on the pitch (Ameobi) but there were boos at the end too.

• Sav

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:02 AM

It beats me that the club leave the captaincy with Owen instead of giving it to Beye.

I don’t have a problem with Owen but he should have had the armband taken off him when he decided to put the new contract in his fridge. A captain is committed to the club.

You can’t do the job if you are waiting to see if there’s a better offer coming.