Fantastic Geordie Fans Can Help Save Us

It is obviously good news for Newcastle fans that star Senegal  right-back Habib Beye is now back fit and playing again.

habib-beye

Habib Beye – fantastic Geordie fans can save us

Help His appearance showed that Habib seems to have lost nothing after being out almost 3 months with an ankle injury, and he’s now ready to help Newcastle survive, which is going to be difficult for sure.

Habib is well liked by Newcastle fans for his great play, sheer determination and excellent leadership skills on the field.  Today, Habib comes out and says that  it’s the great Geordie faithful who can really help Newcastle survive in the Premier League this season.

Habib told Newcastle TV this morning:

“We have fantastic fans who always stick behind us and they want to see the club in the Premier League next season,”

“The fans can make the team better every game and we all have to be together in the next eight cup finals.”

“They can be our advantage, both at home and away.” “That is why we need to do everything we can to keep the club up.”

“You can see the table is very close and if you win maybe three games you will be safe.” “But we will only do that by staying together; staff, players and fans.”

Steven Taylor will miss the game against Chelsea, but Habib would have probably started at right back in any case, and maybe Steven would have been moved alongside Bassong, if  the Frenchman was fit.

The back-line against Chelsea will be Beye, Coloccini, Bassong and Enrique if  Bassong is fit enough.

But for the Stoke game it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Coloccini could be dropped, and miss his very first game of the season at Newcastle, unless he has a sparkling game against Chelsea.

It will be interesting to see where Steven is played once he’s fit again, because the lad is in top form, and we also need Habib Beye in the side at right-back, where we expect him to be during the crucial final eight games of this horrendous season on Tyneside.

Maybe it’s Coloccini who could be the man to miss out, unless he has an uptick in his recent form.

• RyanToon

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:38 AM

i aint a geordie but ill do my bit on saturday 4th april 😉

• Kash

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM

The flip side of this point is that if Newcastle go down, then it’s the fans fault for not supporting the team enough, actually acting as a disadvantage for the players.

Sorry, disagree, I feel that the players on a whole have been a disadvantage for US fans, and if we go down, they are ultimately culpable for not performing, with Ashley taking a big proportion (although not all) of the blame for not spending enough time and money on the right management team and playing staff!

• batty

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:55 AM

RyanToon if you support the toon thats good enough for me m8 so your an adopted geordie

• DJG

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Just reading that Alan Oliver has been banned from SJP.

I thought the old swine had hung up his typewriter.

• Kash

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Where’s that DJG?

• Whumpie

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Well said, Batty. (Says the bloke sitting in Devon…)

I know I’ve banged on about this since Saturday, but I have to point out a painful irony in what Beye is saying here. “We have fantastic fans who always stick behind us “.

On Saturday, with 20 minutes to go and support needed more than ever, they were mostly about 400 yards behing him, heading for the Metro station. It was pathetic, embarrassing and showed that this label of “the world’s most loyal” is utter bull these days.

Ok, rant over.

As for Habib, the man is my favourite player, and the way the team picked up when he came on was amazing. And it’s not like he was replacing someone who was under-performing.

He can make all the difference, but I hope he’s not expecting much support the next time we’re losing at home. Empty seats tend to be a bit quiet.

• big boomer

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM

The fans were brilliant on saturday in the first half when the team was playing well but when arsenal got on top in the second half the frustration,disappointment and anger could be sensed. Also hurling abuse at individual players is not going to help. Shola in particular.

• shearerbliss

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Like you ryantoon I am an adpoted geordie!

• RyanToon

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:14 PM

batty, ill call myself an adopted one then 😉

• bennytoon

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Stopped reading at fantastic geordies.

Ryantoon- you will prostitute yourself out to another tyeam once newcastle are relegated. Plastic fans like yourself will be wearing man city shirts this time next year.

• marshy

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I like the overall optimism on this thread but I have to say I think nothing is going to save us,not even jesus christ could save this lot.

• clinta

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I wish this was always true, but it’s simply not.

That said lets hope the boo boys stay away, and we as fans do our best to support the team no matter what happens for every moment of football we have left this season.

The players and coaching staff have to do their bit, but it’s only right we do ours as well.

• hanz

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM

now players just have to gain maximum points in each coming match because good results mean we’ll safe. Just go out there & win them for the fans you owe that much.

Come on lads! UNITED we can do it.

• Whumpie

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Marshy, from what I can gather, contrary to various t-shirts and signs I’ve seen, Jesus DOESN’T save. They say that as a goalie he was so bad you’d think he had holes in his hands.

Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

• sahota

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM

BENNY FOOL,
    If you know shit about Newcastle then please don’t use such comments. Newcastle has fans worldwide. Are you aware of that. I am myself born in India till recently moved to UK. And there are several fans in the town I belong to in India. While I never saw anybody cheering for your shitty club outside UK. Nobody in India even knows your club plays in some league. So just rest in PEACE mate.

Just realize who you are and what you are saying. Sometimes you really make very stupid comments without using your mind.

• Whumpie

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM

benny is a self-confessed wummer; please ignore it when he puts in a daft, inflammatory comment.

In the mean time, I am very upset and insulted that nobody has appreciated my Jesus joke. I may sulk for a week.

• SpartanChris

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Lua Lua gone to Doncaster on loan – what’s that about?

• bennytoon

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:44 PM

sahota- I know more about newcastle than some bloke from india who has just started supporting them because he likes the strip. You are a twit if you think newcastle are better supported than spurs around the world!

• sahota

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM

BENNY, you don’t know better than me about how well newcastle or Spurs is supported in India. Do you ? And just for your knowledge, I have not started following Newcastle just recently. I am supporting Newcastle from last 10 years. I don’t support any other club and never supported. So not just shut your FU****G mouth before I shot you in your head.

• sahota

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:24 PM

@BENNY I mean NOW just shut your FU****G mouth before I shot you in your head.

• RyanToon

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:28 PM

benny youve been warned by sahota

• Spitfire

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Whoa lads . Calm down.

Sahota – don’t let bennytool wind you up, mate, he’s not worth it. don’t sink to his level.

• Spitfire

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:39 PM

If you must go looking for someone try (Alvin ) Stardust -before he starts singing about Mike Coocachoo Ashley again. You’d do us all a favour there.

• sahota

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM

you r right Spitfire.

I think if he goes on like this everyday then ED should ban him. As he spread shit here instead of Spurs blog. And as earlier someone pointed, he might have already been kicked out from spurs blog.

• Spitfire

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I think he changes his name from time to time so its probably difficult for Ed to stop him entirely. Someone once said he uses a proxy server so apparently you can’t bock the IP address. But live and let live . Most the time he is OK if a little deluded but then so are some true Newcastle fans

• Spitfire

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Its a bit sad that bennytool feels he needs to come on here for his entertainment. I feel a little bit sorry for him. He must have a cr*p life

• JJJ

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Haha, actually Benny Toon

Hes quite right.

I live in South Africa and despite their league positition there are far more Newcastle fans than Spurs supporters not only in South Africa but the rest of Africa too.
    And if they get relegated that wont change.
    And dont try tell you you know the club better than I do, I supported them since the year the Premiership was formed.
    Just face it, Newcastle has bigger support world wide. Africa, Asia, America, Australia.

• LondonDave

Mar 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Why has BennyToon not been banned by now? On Spurs forums we do have some fans from other clubs post regularly, but most are alright and don’t WUM most of the time even the gooners. I’ve only seen a few pages so I haven’t seen all his posts, but I assume that he never contributes anything that’s not a wind-up?

Also does Hughton still have his magical clipboard? He’s crap without it.

• spurs are pants

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I dont usually comment on here, but read quite regular. But every now and then there are some mad comments from outsiders, i.e. bennytoon,etc.
    I actually find the comments quite amusing, but when ridiculous comments like the one in comment 19 implying that spurs are a better supported team worldwide than newcastle is so far of the mark. I am very well travelled and i cant remember anywhere i have been where the locals no anything about spurs. for example, i was in thailand last year and most thought tottenham was near leeds…..another club which has better worldwide support than spurs by the way. Thats not a pop at you bennytoon, but just a simple stone wall fact!!