Joe Kinnear Is A Natural Leader – Danny Guthrie

Danny Guthrie is finally back in training and will be in the squad for the Chelsea game, although he may not start that game, unless he’s been playing really well in training.

Danny GuthrieJoe Kinnear a born leader

What Newcastle need now through the end of May and the end of the season is solidarity and togetherness.

It was great to see the NUSC come out with a sensible message a few days back, that essentially said what we all need to do is get behind the club, as we try to save the team from relegation.

A positive and responsible message from the NUSC to be sure, and they could be great for the club and our supporters if they continue in that vein.

And Danny Guthrie has come out with some good words on manager Joe Kinnear today, and it seems Danny believes Joe’s leadership is what Newcastle need to survive.

Danny Guthrie said today:

“Every team needs its manager. Joe is a natural leader,”

“Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood have been great since they took the reins but everyone needs someone who is recognized as the boss.”

“It will be a big boost when Joe does come back.”

There’s a little bit of solidarity from one of our players, and those are good and positive words from the 21 year-old.

Guthrie’s comeback to the Newcastle side will help us get the results we need to survive this season – well that’s what we are hoping in any case. 😀

Howay The Lads!!

• sirjasontoon

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I have never heard so much drivel in all my life Danny.

Please look at the stats since JK’s arrival before getting involved in spin.

JK is not a leader,he is a football dead beat from the jurassic era.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I have just read this again I am bemused.

“Every team needs its manager. Joe is a natural leader,”

“It will be a big boost when Joe does come back.”

• Jan Stavik

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Joe Kinnear is a big clown, a leader is not throwing items and shouts nonsense in the dressing room.

NUFC are going down, thanks a lot Fat Mike and Joke Kinnear.

• Marty-Toon

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

SIRJAS……
    i reckon JK is a good manager but with all the crap this season here you would need to be JESUS himself to come out on the sunny side..
    He is supposed to be a great motivator,i reckon we could do with a much better coach though.
    PEDRO?????Keep Hughton as Defensive coach but put Pedro in as Attacking coach for the first team

• UTD111

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Utter garbage Guthrie

The man has a terrible record at United and is simply not good enough.

Stick to trying to play football son….

• sirjasontoon

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Marty “JK is a good manager”

Sorry I disagree.
    He is a football dinosaur from another era my friend,I like him as a person but as a modern premiership manager he was an awful choice.

• Toon Graeme

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Brown pants time people.

• Tel

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Off topic and maybe bullshit, but not by me this is how it happenned.
    Met a guy last night at a business meeting, during idle conversation the topic came to what we were all doing with our weekends, obviously as there is an international break, I said no football and nothing of note planned, maybe a few beers and also some time with the family. He asked who I followed and when I said newcastle, but was disillusioned with the current owner and launched into a heartfelt tirade against him and was considering having a seasons break, even though I had started paying for next seasons tickets. He immediately claimed to be a close friend of Ashley and says something along the lines of: Ashley is going to invest heavily in the team, but isnt concerned from a financial point of view about relegation, he says it will be an oportunity to root out the dead wood. I argued that he has no regard for the fans, I travel over 100 miles to every home game, his response was that whatever he says is spun by the media and he finds it easier to keep quiet as he doesnt like the spotlight. Why buy a football club then? We also talked about joking ears health and the fact that in my opinion he should call it a day, shake hands and say thanks but no thanks my health is far more important, response was that if he walks now he waives his right to large bonus for premiership survival, but can sit it out til may and still receive it then say goodbye. Anyhow his parting shot was there is a longterm plan, and keep faith. That just makes me feel more miserable. I wouldn’t mind so much if they came out and said we are doing this this and this, the team were performing consistently and at least showing effort, but seems to me like from top to bottom they are happy just to go along with whichever way the tide flows. Well read into that what you will, but I also hasten to add this function was nowhere near newcastle and the guy did seem to have a sound knowledge of the club, and the alleged plan. Still smells to me, should I come back next year or not. I have even joked that places such as Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Sheffield are far nearer than St james for me, and I could just about make it home for tea, rather than 8pm plus on a normal saturday.

• mohtools

Mar 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Marty-toon

No! We do not need JUSES to save NUFC. All we needed was a good manager and a better plan after KK departure.

That is why I blame the Board and no one else. They didn’t have a plan B. The board should of asked themselves what if we couldn’t sell the club at the given period? They should of done things differently.

• mohtools

Mar 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Oh and NOTE!!

“He goes for a load of tests on April 6 which is the big one. As long as the results come back okay we’ll take it from there.”

Once again they do not have a plan “B”. They are F****ing gambling with the our Club.
    What if JK couldn’t return? WE will be screwed.

• BT9MAG

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Mohtools – I think the significant lack of Plan B has been our downfall this season – with Keegan, with JFK, with transfers!

I don’t neccessarily it’s solely down to Mike Ashley and I think it’s got very, very little to do with Dennis Wise, they are just the one’s people find it easiest to dislike, BUT, whoever it is who is reponsible is simply tinkering and seeing what comes out, like a chef throwing in a few ingrediants at random and seeing what it tastes like…not good business at all!

• Troy Stavers

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Oi Oi!!

I cannit believe Stardust is still trying to justify Ashley and his cronies.
    I am fizzin!!!

For all of you’s who react to his blogs, don’t!!

I have known him for ten years from work. He is not clever, quite the opposite!!

He knows how to wind you’s up. He believes what he says about Ashley but deliberately does it in a way to undermine you’s all.

It clearly works cos I constantly log in but don’t post. He is howling at you’s all!!

The best way to get rid of a pest is to ignore him.

He will get bored and his horrible views will go away.

Bear in mind, HE IS NOT, NOT, A SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!!!

• DENIro

Mar 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Radomir Antic for manager..Good, attacking football…
    Radomir Antic (born November 22, 1948) is a Serbian former football defender and current football manager.
    Following a 17-year playing career – mainly modest and uneventful by top football standards – he found his true calling in coaching.
    He is the only individual who has managed FC Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid. Additionally, Antic is one of only two men to have managed both FC Barcelona and Real Madrid (the other one is Enrique Fernández Viola).

Teams managed :
    1988-1991 Real Zaragoza
    1991-1992 Real Madrid
    1992-1995 Real Oviedo
    1995-1998 Atlético Madrid
    1999 Atlético Madrid
    2000 Atlético Madrid
    2000-2001 Real Oviedo
    2003 FC Barcelona
    2004 Celta de Vigo
    2008- Serbia

• Newcastle USA

Mar 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM

must we be so negative against JK? maybe he isnt a great manager but at least he gives all he has to newcastle, and at least we won some games when he was here.

• Tom_Toon

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM

• workyticket

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Tel, that fairytale of yours was absolute garbage. Why?