Mike Ashley Likely To Give Sky Sports Interview

Newcastle United could be in big trouble in the summer with a fair percentage of their season ticket holders not willing to sign up for another season of this rubbish.

mike-ashley-9876

Mike Ashley – will likely give Sky TV interview

Even if Newcastle stay in the Premier league, there are a number of Newcastle fans who have just had enough, after one of the worst seasons in recent memory at the club, and we have to stress that is saying something.

We’ll not go through all the events that have happened this season, because we’ll just get too depressed again, but suffice to say it’s hard to see any season being worse than this one. But at Newcastle anything seems possible.

News yesterday was that executive box holders at Newcastle are being given an extra free year at St James’s Park, and that will be to get these executives to the games, and not completely desert the club.

But Newcastle seem really concerned they will lose some of their fan base, and are therefore about to launch a PR offensive, in an attempt to get more fans to sign up for next season, and to also better communicate with their fan base.

Season ticket sales do not appear to look good right now, and while we are not privvy to the details, we have to suspect the season ticker sale for next season are rather dire.

And there is news that owner Mike Ashley plans to meet with supporters as Newcastle in a valiant bid to head off a big drop in season-ticket sales, and general support for the Tyneside club.

Mike is also preparing to do an TV interview with Sky Sports and apparently will acknowledge in the interview the club’s hopeless failure to communicate properly with their fans this season. We just cannot believe the club wouldn’t communicate with their fans from the time Keegan left until the beginning of this year – it’s business 101 at most companies, and what you are taught in any business school, but apparently not with Mike Ashley.

But an even bigger headache for Ashley could await him at the end of May, as Newcastle may face relegation, and the more games that pass like the Hull City and Arsenal games, the more likely it looks like the famous Newcastle club could face the drop.

If that happens, the club will need to drop the price of admission for next season, and that will become the nightmare scenario, which must be avoided at all costs. We hope Newcastle players are listening.

• coyote

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM

will anyone believe anything he says?
    smacks of desperation to me

• hitman

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:32 AM

a little to late, i think the fans will see right through this for what it is.

• beyethegreat

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM

yes it does smack of desperation but i will atleast give it a listen

• coyote

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:46 AM

most of us are B/W thro and thro so we’ll listen
    it would probably be very funny if its wasn’t so serious

• Kash

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Free Exec boxes…. nice. Will push wor lass and me aunty to get me an invite through there companies.

Might not need to get a season ticket now!

• ELFER

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:57 AM

It’s never too late, but it’s now time to act and not to talk!! We need a manager…everything else is secondary at the moment.

• coyote

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:00 AM

talks cheap
    he shouldn’t be worrying about next season whats left of this one has got to have his full attention

• Stuart79

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM

What’s wrong with a interview on nufctv?
    Will be interesting.

Only thing the fans want to know is will there be any serious investment on the playing side?

Without that the club just doesn’t go anywhere!

• UTD111

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Too little, too late. Fat Boy, Harry Potter and the Dwarf were discredited long ago in the eyes of the fans.

• waddler

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM

When we are relegated admission price will drop or Ashley will have no bums on seats to watch his new generation of players coming through.
    Unfortunately Mike Ashley can only offer us a glimpse of his future revolution with the youth development programme, we have still to slide into the championship and all the supporter turmoil this will produce.
    He knows the way forward and that is to produce and buy players at 16 or 17 who will take us up and keep us in the top league, on reasonable salaries for the performances they achieve week in week out for their careers.
    We still have not hit the bottom of this trough so Ashley finds it difficult to explain his motives.
    Once we are at our lowest ebb he will I suspect clarify his plans to us the fans, and those who still want to attend games will have to back his youth programme and patiently watch it grow.
    Its a risky adventure but if funded and stuck to it could be the making of the club in the medium term 3-5 years.

• geordie jock

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Here we go again More Lies.

• big boomer

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

strikes me as a bit off if people are entering the ground for free in the best seats and us mere mortals who are black and white daft have to fork out hard earned cash.
    pr disaster.

• lesh

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM

The big question…. will it be MA himself or will it be Stardust speaking on his behalf!

• ArtyH

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Most supporters and followers of NUFC have done so through thick and thin. Having seen the Inter Cities Fairs cup games as a youngster and supported the team since then, I have never felt so frustrated with the club! The management have taken the great club to the point of relegation. Most of the true supporters I work with are NOT going to renew season tickets for next year. Most people are sick of the whole situation, paying out good money to watch crap and be made to look a laughing stock. When the club was sold it was time to invest not to sell the life blood and prize assets of the club. All that has been bought are journeymen who can only do a half decent job. The club is at its lowest point for years.
    The only way I can see this change is with massive investment for next season, which with the present incumbents is just not going to happen. There are few other ways that things can go, we get relegated or not. If we get relegated do you think there will be investment in the club? I do not think there will be!
    If we stay up, do you think we will get investment in the club? Again I do not think there will be any investment.
    If any of you think this is defeatist I cannot help that, its just the way it is. Bury your head in the sand and it will not happen! Keep on paying for your season tickets and see European football next year with top signings which are promised every year but seldom appear. What happened to the ” trophy ” signing which was heralded at the start of this disastrous reign? I cannot see anything change while the current setup is in place.
    The last chance to change anything was at the start of the season when there was talk and protests for a boycott of the games until the club was sold. That chance was lost when fans went to the games, the impetus was lost and lethargy set in.
    This is only my humble opinion as to what has happened, and I think the only way to save the club which I have supported for over 45 years is for it to be sold.
    I write this out of total frustration and annoyance at the way my/our club has had its life blood drained out of it by the current and last vampires who were/are in charge of running the club.
    At this moment in time for me, there has to be something to support at NUFC. The management nor the team seem to be worth it by virtue of investment/effort from what I have seen, there needs to be a change in management and on the pitch to change my views.

• chuck

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Funny how fear can focus the mind and attempt the near impossible.
    I am talking about relegation and its resulting effects.
    MA took a bad gamble and it appears the club is heading for relegation and no amount of press interviews can change the facts.
    I see where some fans have become resigned to the fact and are grasping at straws, mainly that the youngsters now being stacked in the youth system will reach fruition as PL players and bring the team back up, wishfull thinking !
    Mike you and the group you hired are responsible for the demise of this club and it will effect you more than anyone, what were you thinking ?

• Incognito

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:36 PM

He’s STILL completely missing the point here! And he is STILL focussed only on money and the chance he’ll be losing some!

Ashley isn’t listening to the whole footballing world telling him to employ a solid-long-term manager. Instead he’s focussing on sweat-talking us into paying him more money.

• Ericles

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Sky Sports seem good enough to talk to but not the fans – your bread and butter up here – eh? What are you possible going to say. The truth? Come off it – just a load more lies to cover up that you and you alone are responsible for the situation NUFC are now in. You will still keep your hands in your pockets Ashley even though your trews are big enough for a billiard hall. Come on the lads. Keep us up so that Fat Man can mercifully sell up!

• shearerbliss

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Has the interview been played on sky yet?

• hitman

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:00 PM

i bet stardust will be sitting with tissues at the ready,for this interview.lol

• JoeColl87

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM

“Sky Sports seem good enough to talk to but not the fans”

Fully agree with this. Was’nt there a whole policy meant to be in place regarding not talking to the national media? This being due to the utter tripe they had printed about the club in the past. Was this not the reason that DL eventually sat down with the local reporters, to try and get across to the local people?

Seems a bit of a contradiction, although for one, i see any words coming out of those in charge as welcomed and will be listening with intent.

• shearerbliss

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Those who think relegation is agood thing would need there head examined! I dont think we will go down we will save ourself before the AV game on the last day of the season, but next year would have to be diffrent.
    We will need ANOTHER new start and just get behind any new manager that comes in for the long haul. I as many other fans must be tiered of the same s**t each year.
    There are many suggestions on who will take over SB or even Stuart Pierce. But we do need a root and branch change in NUFC. MA I think had good intentions BUT football (especially NUFC) is not a profitering aventure.
    Anyone who buys a club this size must be able to spend at least 200mill without return for any trophy winning team.
    MA would be a fantastic owner for a smaller club with his plan, say Peterborough Utd.

• workyticket

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Incognito // Mar 30, 2009 at 1:36 PM

“I learnt something about self-made millionaires when working directly for one a couple years ago. They fall under the illusion that they’re never wrong and didn’t get where they are today by listening to people who doubt their opinion. ”

No you didn’t Incognito, you learned something about one person. The rest is just absurd generalisation and prejudice.

• ronaldeano

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:11 PM

@Stardust

Read ArtyH’s post 😉

• Ross

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Stuart79 // Mar 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM

What’s wrong with a interview on nufctv?
    Will be interesting.

-Stuart, no doubt they’d stick the interview as one of the features you have to pay for on nufctv, lol. I also get the impression ALOT of neutrals want to hear what he has to say…/have a good laugh at us. If he isnt going to talk to us directly then i’ll take Sky Sports over nothing if im honest.

• Stardust

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Woky – there I was indredulous at “I learnt something about self-made millionaires when working directly for one a couple years ago. They fall under the illusion that they’re never wrong and didn’t get where they are today by listening to people who doubt their opinion.” and youd beat me to it at the bottom of the blog.

Most Incognito on the contrary surround themselves with people who question their wisdom and ability and test the core fundamentals every day – thats why they become Millionaires and Billionaires and those who dont strive to improve stay in their house watching Coronation Street.

• Stardust

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Ronaldeano – read it – it was an passionate post from someone who isnt able to see the wood for the trees, who is most likely surrounded by weaker people and people who dont rationalise.

Its easy to be dragged down by the mindset of the Geordie faithful at the moment. I choose to await outcome and fact as I am wired that way, likewise Worky – we seek the truth and are optimists by nature. I would also suggest we approach people from a position of trust rather than mistrust. However when we have seen evidence that they are to be mistrusted we are impossible to turn the other way to – when the mob just follow the pipe player or the nearest bandwagon of sheep.

Got to admit I live in a forward looking world – not one full of doom.

• Stardust

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM

“Woky – there I was indredulous” Should have read – Worky I was incredulous! I hadnt just made up a new word lol

• sirjasontoon

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Haha Wonder if Mike will use his “Onwards together in 09-10”

The guy cracks me up…the place will be like a Morgue next season.

NUFC is only sleeping,the good times will come again just not under the guidance of this bunch of prats.

Poor Mike haha.

• Gosforth Phil

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I personally don’t give a sh*t about what he says,it’s about what he does,which in reality means nothing good for the club.
    I can’t think of a scenario where I’d be happy to see MA still here.
    He’s had enough chances for God’s sake.
    Everytime he comes out with bollox and we give him the benefit of the doubt,the more foolish he/the rest of football think we are.

Stardust – what makes you an expert on self-made millionaires?Rofl.
    “Got to admit I live in a forward looking world – not one full of doom.”
    So you’re NOT an NUFC fan then?

• workyticket

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Stardust // Mar 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

“Woky – there I was indredulous at “I learnt something about self-made millionaires when working directly for one a couple years ago. They fall under the illusion that they’re never wrong and didn’t get where they are today by listening to people wme to it at the bottom of the blog.”

That one was a bit personal for me Stardust. My parents were ‘self made’ business people who started with nothing and did rather well. Most of my aunts and uncles were too.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Can self made billionaires jump in front of metro’s I hope so.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Mike rhymes with Bike…take a hint Mike and get on your Grifter.

• workyticket

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Why “poor Mike” sirjasontoon?

• gizatoon

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

why is everyone still giving mike grieve if everyone didnt protest against him we wouldnt be in this situation . give the guy a break .

• Stardust

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Worky – I’m from a similar background too – I have grown, scaled and sold a number of companies over the years.

Gosforth Phil

“Stardust – what makes you an expert on self-made millionaires?Rofl.”

In my current business I only speak with HNWI’s and UHNWI’s (From the US to Europe to M.E and now branching to Asia and South America) so I speak from a qualified position.(you’ll have to google it lol).

• lesh

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Oh Stardust, you are such an entertaining soul – a sad one but nevertheless entertaining.

I wonder whether you’re confusing the HNWI’s and UHNWI’s you refer to with the DIMWITs that live in your own private fantasty world!

Without knowing the name of your high-flying company, I’d hazard a guess at its registered address…….. 461 Bulls**t Boulevard is it?

Dream on Stardust, you make us smile!!

• jim

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:50 AM

i reckon we will have Steve Bruce brought in very soon meeself like- maybe its not soon enough but he might just salvage us from the drop with his defensive tactics-then hopefully master that for next season with a new offensive, as he knows newcastle fans will demand attacking football-its probably wishfull thinking tho……..

• Incognito

Mar 31, 2009 at 9:53 AM

workyticket, I have no retort other than to say you’re condescending a prick.

• Stardust

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Lesh – I have no need to justify myself to anyone. I am comfortable, happy in my business and private life, financially secure, travel frequently, am surrounded by great people who I respect and like who are optimistic, loyal and fun by nature.

So your opinion of me, a bit like your view of Newcastle United, formed with so little understanding, thought or evidence simply doesnt concern me – you a person I dismiss as not being worthy of anything in particular nor spending my most valuable resource on – time.

Folks surround themselves with similar people, Lesh I am simply thankful I am not surrounded by the likes of you.