Dennis Wise To Follow Keegan Out Of Newcastle

We had reported yesterday that Newcastle United Football Director, Dennis Wise, will very likely leave the Tyneside club in the summer.

dennis-wise-22

Dennis Wise – to quit over Lovenkrands signing?

And the news is that he was against Newcastle signing Peter Lovenkrands, whom he thought just wasn’t good enough for Newcastle.

We do remember in January that Joe wanted to sign the Danish International outright, and then he brought him on trial, and even then it was a couple of weeks before he was signed, and then only until the end of the season.

So those events probably had a little of Wise’s influence on it, and it seems Joe Kinnear worked with Dennis on that one.

But if Dennis is really leaving because he took some heat on that one, that tells us he’s a strong personalty who wants to be right, and that’s dangerous when you are part of a team.

This could be some proof that Dennis really did knock heads with Kevin Keegan, and of course Kevin lost out in early September.

We really hate to bring this up, but if Wise leaves in the summer, that means that in a short and tumultuous 9 months for Newcastle, both Kevin and Wise have left the club.

It would have been so much better for Mike Ashley to have stood by Kevin in early September, even if it had meant Dennis Wise was out at Newcastle.

But make no mistake, the biggest mistake Mike Ashley has made at the club is to back Dennis Wise, who has no connection at all with Newcastle United – and played all his football in London, and continues to live there.

Mike backed Dennis over Kevin Keegan, who both played for and captained Newcastle, and then managed them to one of their best ever periods in the 1990s.

A mistake – you bet it was!    That was really a very dumb thing for Mike to do, and he probably knows that now.

But yes we know, it’s all water under the Tyne Bridge now, but it’s good that Dennis is leaving, since to put it mildly, Newcastle fans have never taken to this man.

Oh well, let’s just hope we can survive this terrible season, and things can only get better from now on, that’s right isn’t it?

• repo

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:41 AM

old news.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I hate Wise.

• Fostino

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:46 AM

is there any prrof to back up this article or are we speculating again??

• NotAGhostToon

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I think he’s done a fair bit of good, brought in some good players and the like, but i still don’t like the guy, and would much rather have someone whose respected across the football world in that role!

• knottsy82

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM

READY TO LEAVE IN THE SUMMER!!?? SO BY THAT TIME WE’LL PROBABLY BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND THE DAMAGE IS DONE! ASHLEY DON’T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO RUN A CLUB AND WISE SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE DAY KEEGAN QUIT! I’VE HAD A SEASON TICKET SINCE 95/96 SEASON BUT EVEN IF WE STAY UP I WON’T BE GOING BUYING NEXT YEAR WITH THESE GUYS IN CHARGE THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST IVE EVER SEEN JUST GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOUR NOT WANTED!

• Stardust

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Fostino – I am with you – we need to await outcome and real information before forming a view. It is not coincidence that every day we are undermined in the press with fake stories. We have been for years – yet still our fans lap it up.

• NotAGhostToon

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I DON’T KNOW WHY WE’RE SHOUTING!!!

• punk skunk...

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Aye,
    let’s lap up more unsubstanciated press BS, like we always do!.
    …Aw yea, international week, let’s pile into Newcastle some more, what a refreshin’ change!..

…Well, they might as well, plenty of us divs’ll buy it for a dollar!..

• Toonkistan

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:11 AM

a bit off topic ….i’ve been visiting this blog since the last 3 years and drop in a few posts when i feel like…. but i’ve never witnessed SirJasonToon saying a positive thing realted to the club, players, managemnet, staff, fellow bloggers….no-one except Keegan maybe….SJT no offense mate but thats just my observations 😀

• Stardust

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Knottsy82 “HAD A SEASON TICKET SINCE 95/96 SEASON BUT EVEN IF WE STAY UP I WON’T BE GOING BUYING NEXT YEAR”

Good – your one of the glory bandwagon jumping fools whove destroyed this once great club – you arent a supporter – you were one of the fools hoodwinked by FFS. You wont be missed – I hope many more of you type dont come back either.

• Kash

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Is this even worth commenting on?

• Kash

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I’m buying one! Gonna try and get a cheap platinum club ticket, from an unhappy chappy!

• Nick D

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:17 AM

spear, adjei, ranger, vuksic, etc etc

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Toonkistan..Appreciate the comments,I have just posted some positive comments on the reserves game.

Praise where praise is due my friend that is my motto..if you lived in Newcastle or understood the hurt most geordies feel about the current debacle then that may go someway helping you to understand my noticeable negativity.

I heap praise on players like Ranger,Krul,Lua Lua etc but lets be honest with ourselves the current management structure,the 1st team (most of them) and ownership has led us into a pretty bleak future.

• Matt

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM

This is ridiculous. He will be missed because he’s bringing great youth players in. There is no reason for him to leave now. He clearly has an eye for youth talent and should be exclusively in charge of that.

All posts entirely in caps are immediately disregarded and in my opinion should be automatically deleted by Ed.

• Fostino

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM

aye, bring on the youngsters for next seson, get rid of the overpaid and underperformning deadwood thats rotting the club

we also need a new young manager to guide them…..richard mooney aint doing too bad wuth them

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Hope that has cleared things up Toonkistan..I just happen to be a long suffering Geordie that has supported my home town club through think and thin since 1975 in the days of Mick Mahoney,John Bird who blasted the ball of my arm in the gallowgate end,Tommy Craig,Irvin Nattress etc

Whats your background Toonkistan?

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:24 AM

+thick and thin : )

• Johnny Knobsock

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:30 AM

“Then Newcastle would probably be in the top six right now – but hey – we don’t even want to think about where we’d be right now – it’s too painful.”

HAHAHAHA….. Your smug arrogance is astounding Ed. Exactly how many games have you been to this season???

• Toonkistan

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:36 AM

i’d be an utter lie to say that i can appreciate yr pain not even imagine……and appreciate yr fair reply though…Cheers mate you and everyother has right to post his/her views….

• coyote

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM

if the passion for the club posted on this blog was transferred to the players we’d not be in the trouble we’re in
    too many of them only here for the money I fear
    time dims the memory but in our previous relegation seasons I don’t think the situation was ever as bad as now
    I know we were all p***ed off but no where near as bad as now

• spiderpig

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:46 AM

our 3 main strikers oba ,owen,and viduka have missed most of the season aswell as most of our midfield in barton and duff with others like jonas and guthrie missing large chunks.no team can perform under these circumstances,especially with the management fiasco.i’m suprised we arnt cut adrift by 15 points the bad luck we have had.we have got most of the players back and nearly the manager so lets get behind the team ,stop pointing the finger and blaming people and try and keep this great football club in the premiership and that includes ed not bringing back up regurgitated shite about keegan and where we would have been if he had of stayed.with our injuries he would have walked out another 5 times this season with stress.

• punk skunk...

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Can’t disagree with that spiderpig!..

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Toonkistan..wasn’t getting at you buddy..you sound like a good lad : )

Enjoy the blog and keep your eyes peeled for future positive SJT pearls of wisdom haha

• lesh

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Stardust, it strikes me that you’d get on very well with Wise….. two objectionable little people with big ideas and huge egos.

Sorry pal, but if you seriously believe that the club, particularly in the state its in, can afford to treat its fans with contempt – as you appear to be doing in regard to Knottys82.

Can this club reallly afford to lose paying customers….. I think not.

As far as Wise’s concerned, I fully agree with Ed and said so when all this blew up in September….. Ashley’s judgement then was severely flawed. However, its history and we’ve got to move on.

A witch hunt’ll serve no useful purpose and can only further damamge the club so c’mon guys, wear a big smile, show a big heart and offer big big cheeers for the lads…. don’t forget that they’re human beings and they’ll need all the support they can get……….and respond to it, I’m sure.

• Nobby_Long

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Its not Dennis Wise’s fault he is DOF – its the fault of the board. I agree its not worth going back & we can’t change the past, so we look to the future.

But, where is the optimism? Where is there any semblance of sensible decisions being made? What gives us confidence that when it comes to the crunch on the field, the team will deliver? What confidence do we have that the Board will make the correct decisions on the coaching, DOF & Managerial positions in the future? What gives you any confidence that the first team squad will be strenghtened?

All we have to go on is their track records – and that is whare the past & present point to potential future decision making & direction.

There are many calls to let the board get on with things, to trust them to do the right thing. Well, those of you saying those things, for how long do we have to just support the team on match day, then just hope & pray the board will get things right, when all along they have been getting most things wrong? How many bad decisions have to go by before we can say enough is enough? Its poor decision upon poor decision, and to be honest I feel there is going to be a big outpouring of emotions and bad feelings at the end of the season regardless of what happens.

It is anyone’s right to air their views. For those of you saying, Ashely will protect his investment – where is the evidence that he has shown any degree of competence in this respect?

This is our club, I will support the team for as long as I am able, but no-one has the right to tell me I can’t ask questions and state my disgust with the way I perceive the club to be run.

• SpartanChris

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:37 PM

This won’t be a very popular view, but I do believe that during the current situation that we find ourselves in that the club would be best placed actually using Dennis Wise in a caretaker manager’s role. I don’t particularly like the bloke but he’s a scrapper and he’s got a bit of experience in the dug-out. I don’t think he could do a lot worse than what we’ve actually got.

• bennytoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:39 PM

sirjasontoon- You praise the youngsters and call for them to play in the first team but as you reside in birmingham i very much doubt you have seen any of them play. You make me laugh because it is obvious to me that a relegation battle isnt the place to blood untried youngsters who wont be up to the task.

You are anti Ashley and anti newcastle from what i read.

• Mag 48

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I’m begining to bore myself now but I’ll say it again
    If the board only told us more about there plans and hopes for the club.We only get a daily dose of rumour and newspaper guff. Some of us are “big boys” we may understand more than they give us credit for.Who’s going who’s staying?
    If there is no change by the end of the season I’ll be a one that is going
    Stardust I’m not a bandwaggon supporter in 61 years Ive seen more bad times than good but I’ve now reached my limit.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Benny you little Gay Half Wit I moved to birmingham several years ago to set up my business due to my business being people related there is more to talent to choose from..not that that is any of your business you faggot.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Only someone that is lonely and Hom would spend hours on a rival teams blog you Loser.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Anyway Jog on bennyboy you bore me.

• Pons Aelius

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I can understand anyone who has had enough of the way things are at the minute. I cancelled my season ticket cos I couldn’t afford it after 2005-2006 and frankly I didn’t get my money’s worth then.

• bennytoon

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:08 PM

sirjasontoon-hahaHA. Did i touch a nerve?

Get the kids in. Never seen them play but they are world beaters. They will save us. haha. You sound like one of the kids who post on thr 606 sight.

• chuck

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:02 PM

C`mon boys be nice, supposed to be about NUFC.
    Instead of directing your anger at one another, how about directing it at the real culprits of the clubs demise, namely Ashley and Llambias, not to mention the salary collectors on the board, who would`nt say Sh*t if they had a mouthfull.

• valle

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Ed… Whatever you think of Wise, Keegan is as much to blame as anyone. He put his own pride above the needs of NUFC and he went first chance he got when people at the club wasnt dancing to his flute.

• Incognito

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Stardust, what elevates you to a level above others to outcast them for not spending their OWN money?

• toonarmyuk

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Incognito, further to that, I would to know where Stardust gets off deciding who is defined a glory seeker or not! Perhaps the lad who posted earlier saying he had a season ticket since 95/96 was just a young lad then and has only been able to get to games since then!
    What an arrogant prick Stardust is, and if anyone one this sight is a disgrace of a so-called fan, it’s him.

• workyticket

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Pons Aelius // Mar 31, 2009 at 1:06 PM

“I guarantee that half of the people having a go at those who plan to cancel their season tickets after this season’s farce don’t have one themselves.”

No you can’t Pons Aelius, you are merely resorting to the old trick of attacking the people, and not their arguments. A sign of desperation.

• lesh

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Wise to go? Why only Wise cos when all said and done, MA appointed Llambias to act as CEO but according to him, he just looks after the pies etc.

Is that not a case, like Wise, of someone not undersatanding their role at the club. In my experience, a CEO has responsibility for the overall operations of a business and that surely includes devising, agreeing and managing the budget as part of an operational strategy or business plan. That includes reviewing performance against the strategic objectives and the budget.

If the prospect of relegation and its financial consequenses have only just become apparent, then someone has been negligent or let’s be kind, operating in unfmailiar surroundings where players (human beings) are the tools who are suposed to deliver the product – a successful and vibrant club that performs against or even betters budget.

Has the CEO delivered the goods or has he been constrained to looking after the pies. If the answer to the fomer’s a ‘no’ which has come as surprise to MA then he should be out too.

If the answer is that his responsibilities have been limited then Llambias cannot be held responsible for the club’s plight – however, it would beg a qustion about management style elswhere!