Shearer – We Must Get Something Out Of Chelsea Game

Alan Shearer has come out today and said he thinks Newcastle must take something out of their game against high-flying Chelsea tomorrow afternoon, as an expected sell-out at St. James’ Park tomorrow afternoon will cheer on the lads.

alan-shearer-and-iain-dowie

Iain and Alan – big first game tomorrow

Alan, as we expected, is totally and completely focused on the task in hand, which is the game against Chelasea and today he talked to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle:

“I keep hearing people say it is a tough game. I understand that.” “They have world- class players and a great, experienced manager.”

“They are going for the Premier League and they are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.” “However, I still think it is a great game for us to have.”

“I am not having the fact people keep saying ‘we will not get anything here’ – I do not accept that, I really don’t.”

“If we do not gain anything tomorrow and the other teams win, they will be five points ahead of us.” “We do not want that. We have to take something.”

Shearer is very down to earth and realistic when it comes to Newcastle’s current Premier league position, which is perilous at the moment, and Alan added:

“It is really tight down there. It will be one hell of a scrap.” “The nerves will be tested but we’re ready for it.”

We do expect some players to come through big time tomorrow for Newcastle, if we are to get anything out of this game, and a point would be a decent result.

Then we can even win every remaining game, which has to be the goal for very single game – to go out and try to win it, and get this nightmare over for this season as soon as possible.

A win would be fairy tale stuff – but that’s what Alan’s career in football has been, after all.

Any way we’ll know soon enough.

Howay The Lads!!

• TheToonKing

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM

It’s gonna be though for sure….if we don’t get anything and teams around us get points were in real trouble…..

WE can beat Chelsea !! come on Lads !!

I predict a 2-1 win for us and a fair amount of cards maybe even sending off’s …..we have to battle it out and we have to shut down Drogba….how, i don’t know.

• ELFER

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Big Al with “Dowie” the imperor – a new hope rises!

• beyethegreat

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM

gd news drogba is out

• sahota

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:14 PM

beyethegreat thats really good news. I just hope MO is complete fit and plays his part by scoring one goal.

• Steve R

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I agree with all the posts before mine, we CAN get something out of our game tomorrow. If Tottenham could beat them, then we most definitely can!! If we can play Lampard out the game then the greatest problem is dealt with.

JONAS must play and i hope Shearer chooses the best available players…maybe:

Harper

Beye__S.Taylor(fit?)__Bassong(fit?)__Jose

R.Taylor
    Lovenkrands___Guthrie___ Jonas

Owen_____ Martins

Just my opinion, i would love to see your guys teams too.

• bennytoon

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I expect chelseas quality to shine through and for them to win 3-1.

• DanToon

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Drogba’s out… So? They have plenty more top players other than him that can find the net to worry about!

I understand what Shearer is saying but i can’t see us getting anything tomoz, would be ace but i just don’t think the team has the quality.

• bennytoon

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM

stever- you can hardly compare yourselves to tottenham. After looking at your team to play chelsea i have changed my mind on the scoreline and think you will lose 4-0

• Stuart79

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM

bennytoon // Apr 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I expect chelseas quality to shine through and for them to win 3-1.

Can’t remember anyone asking you actually!

• bennytoon

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM

stuart79-its a blog. People post opinions. What dont you understand?

• shearerwonderland.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:24 PM

bennytoon

why havent you gone?
    NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE MATE.

• Steve R

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Bennytoon, does your team not have its own blog? All i can remember is Duff’s stunning finish against your team in injury time, i love it when we play Tott, it’s free points.

• Micky Toon

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM

And back in the real world, the best we can hope for is a draw and a massive performance showing commitment from the team.
    The only scoreline that would see us winning is a lucky 1-0.
    I predict 2-1 to Chelsea and a big performance from the players. Saying that I’ll actually be sticking my cash on a 2-2 draw. Can’t bet against my own club unlike some on here.

• Stuart79

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:28 PM

bennytoon // Apr 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM

stuart79-its a blog. People post opinions. What dont you understand?

Cockenese- Now fck off you little irritant!

• shearerwonderland.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:28 PM

new post guys!

not bennytoon

• Berrern

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I reckon there’s a good chance Newcastle can get a result against Chelsea tomorrow – I even think they can snatch all 3 points.

Not only will the players be massively boosted by Shearer’s arrival (or return) – but so will the fans, creating an even more immense atmosphere than what’s normal at St James’.

Furthermore, both Drogba and Bosingwa have been ruled out for Chelsea.

I reckon Essien is the dangerman tomorrow, he’ll have to be watched closely if Newcastle are to get a result.

Fingers crossed – good luck lads! 🙂

• spiderpig

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:47 PM

hey benny does spurs have a blog/if they do i bet all they talk about is newcastle.and how long ago it was that you beat us.lol

• Mikeflame

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I think he’s going to play a set of players that prehaps we dont normally play! he keeps talking about people who want the shirt etc and we have a few players who dont want to play! Nolan and Guthrie to start prehaps? Nolan has come out saying hes up for it and Guthrie cant wait to play….unless im reading between the lines too much? Im hoping

Harps
    Beye…Tayls…Collo…Enrique
    Nolan…Butt…Guthrie
    ……….Jonas
    Owen…..Martins

• hanz

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:49 PM

yeah we sure up for it against all odds whatever others might want or should say otherwise. So be it 1-0 win (or 2-1 with Owen or Loverboy to score or maybe both) for us NUFC tomorrow would set us nice on a run of results again. Come on we can do this.

• Rodzilla

Apr 4, 2009 at 1:10 AM

bennytoon // Apr 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM —–10

…..I understand everything Benny ; )