Alan Shearer Wants Fantastic Atmosphere On Monday Night

Alan Shearer is pulling out all the stops to try to get Newcastle into a safe position in the league, however difficult that may appear to be right now.

alan-shearer-ererdfdf

Alan Shearer – wants fantastic atmosphere on Monday night

Newcastle are a full 4 points from safety, so the side just must start picking up some points in the next few games, if they are to have any chance of catching some of the other teams ahead of them in the league.

Alan Shearer has come out today and asked the Newcastle fans, who will be at Monday night’s game in full force, to have the atmosphere on the night white hot, from the very first minute of the game.

Alan talked to the official site this morning:

“I want it to be a fantastic atmosphere from the first minute,” “The fans can help us and can play a massive part in our survival.”

“They have turned up in their thousands all season and have had nothing to shout about.” “But I’m asking them for three games to get behind us and make it a special atmosphere.”

“Having played in front of those fans I know what a difference it makes and I hope the players respond in the right way.”

It’s three games, and we are even looking on it in a positive way, because we still have a decent chance of survival – just win three home games in front of a very supportive 52,000 will save us and that’s not an impossible task.

And we hope the players will look at it that way, that for everything that has gone wrong at Newcastle this season, we still have a chance to save ourselves.

But the players themselves must also produce next Monday night, otherwise it will be getting too late, and we’ll run out of games and points.

• vivadavidkelly

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:43 AM

3 wins out of 3 is a massive ask like. i know we need to do it, but its a massive ask. we have only won 4 at home all season

• Toon Graeme

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Anyone who does go needs to put in a 90 minute shift also (myself included) regardless of what is happening on the pitch.

We also need to stay there until the very end and not file out after 80 minutes!

• Troy Stavers

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Troy has been reading through his very big book of inspiring speeches i’ve made over the years!!! These are some of the most memorable speeches i’ve made to many a congress when the congress are looking for inspiration. I dedicate these to Big Al.

Carry the battle to them. Don’t let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don’t ever apologize for anything.
    MARCH 2004 Troy Stavers ( half time team talk whilst playing for Swalwell Saints)

Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
    July 2005 Troy Stavers (chatting up some bird in Liquid Bar)

If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.
    July 2006 Troy Stavers (addressing the toon army on a train to London )

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
    December 2007 Troy Stavers ( addressing the toon army in the Beehive Bar)

The right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins.
    March 2009 Troy Stavers (The moment I met Stardust and clocked him on the shnek)

• Toon Graeme

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Troy – good speeches mate 😎

• Whumpie

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Tears to me eyes.

• geordie deb

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Troy – well if that doesn’t do it, I don’t know what will LOL

• Mags

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I shall be giving it my all (as usual) for ALL the matches and trying to get those around me to join in too. Just let us make SJP a place no visiting team wants to be for the next 3 home matches.

Well said Toon Graeme – whatever the score PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE EARLY.

Troy – that had me smiling!

• Toon Graeme

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Mags – Where do you sit mate?

• sahota

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Come on lads, we need every bit of support now. Ask everyone to shout loudly. Best thing would be when we don’t have ball then noise needs to be very high. I have just hope for Pompy match. Nobody is thinking beyond that. If we win that things might change. Just hope so. We all needs to be positive for Monday.

• Mags

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Toon Graeme – cheap seats at the corner of he Leazes (not singing side)