Beat Liverpool And We’ll Believe In You Again

We have some words for our overpaid and under-performing “stars” at Newcastle – beat Liverpool and we’ll believe in you again.

nufc-crest4

Here are a group of players who are being paid huge sums of money by Newcastle, and while many of them have been injured for much of the season – where’s Ignacio Gonzalez, who has now been injured over 8 months, some are actually deciding to come back before the end of the season, but only because Alan is pestering them to be fit again.

Yes, we know it’s not their fault but all this is indicative of a bunch of men, who have just have had it too easy and earn their money without needing to put in the hard work and graft that most of our fans would like to see. And don’t even mention putting their hearts into it – that would be too much for a lot of them to grasp.

They have been pampered and cajoled by Alan Shearer to produce the goods for their club, Newcastle United, but in the last 18 total games we have one win, and in our last 16 league games have 9 points, with 6 draws and one win – against bottom of the league WBA.  Alan needs to get the whip out and see if that works because his pleading and cajoling doesn’t seem to be working, that’s for sure.

If we had done spanned our last 16 league games over the full 38 games of the season, we’d end up with just 21 points – that’s how bad we’ve been this year.

We’ve lost confidence in our players, because for the umpteenth time last night, they didn’t get the job done, didn’t do their job, but still picked up their enormous wages.

If they want to be men and get our trust back – then go our and beat Liverpool on Sunday.

That’s really hard we know, but when you screw up all the time, that’s what you need to do to put things right – show us what you’re made of on Sunday – if you want our trust back.

• DanToon

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM

That headline is a good joke Ed.

• Rorycn

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM

If last night didnt scream creative midfielder i don’t know what will. Hopefully this nacho lad remembers how to play. And barton will give us some drive. I reckoned we needed seven points before last night. Same situation really just got to hope for something off fulham and villa and our goal difference doesn’t take a hammering of liverpool.

• sirjasontoon

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I predict a thrashing against liverpool and we will pick up few points else where..I give up the team and owner are a joke.

• Stuart79

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Dreamland ED, dreamland

• beamish

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM

has anyone purchased the liverpool bottles in the adds above??

• komfort

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:59 AM

ed , tie the liverpool players ankles together and i think we might sneak a draw..

• DanToon

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:01 AM

If the players can’t be bothered why should we, we’re going down!

• BT9MAG

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM

As little as 3 points could keep us up, if other results go our way…I just don’t want it to come down to that!

• BigLish

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM

“Beat Liverpool And We’ll Believe In You Again
    “……..

Beat Liverpool and I’ll show my arse in Fenwicks window more like!

• geordie jock

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Love it Ed Beat liverpool ha ha ha ha ha ha. But seriously This pathetic bunch of W*nkers who call themselves footballers should all retire from football as they are an absolute disgrace and not fit to wear the strip. Ashley and his sidekicks should also get out of town after completely destroying the club and bringing in some terrible players (Bassong excluded).

• Toon Graeme

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I know this sounds bad – but Im glad everyone feels the same as me!!

My faith in the club I love so much is absolutely wrecked.

I will dust myself off for smoggies and hope for the same atmosphere!!!

Lets pull together for that as it will probably be the nail in the coffin match!!

• Mikeflame

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM

love the storyline! lets split up Liverpools Champions league/possible EPL champions defence after we couldnt even hack open Pompeys or several other low teams this season!

• BigLish

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Look on the brightside lads…. we’ve got a weekend in Blackpool to look forward to next season!!!

• brownrob

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM

People should lay off smith, he has more than a decent game last night, he broke up a lot of the play last night and made some excellent tackles, he had a few decent efforts on goal too, he can do a job as a DM surely.

I think the game was up once Jose went off and we lost Duff to LB

I do have to say the Midfield is shocking! I have to say the players are putting in the effort, but they seem more like players wanting to put themselves in the shop window than saving the toon

• Micky Toon

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM

At least Ed has put half a smile on my face with this. Typical Geordie optimism, we can’t beat Pompey at home, but we might be able to beat Liverpool at Anfield. Brilliant. If only eh? Perhaps if we had the team that played in that 1st 4-3 defeat we might stand a chance, but not with our Blue Square League players.
    We are down. Start putting Coventry, Ipswitch, Doncaster, etc.. into your sat navs lads.

• Toon Graeme

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Viduka was good last night. Managed to keep the ball, fend off 4 pompey players and pass on.

Smith was ok for me tbh. Looked asleep at various points – but no more than the rest.

No wonder they all sodded off down the tunnel at full time.

I really hope shearer blasted the lot and didnt do all that nicey nicey crap.

I think we will know our fate by end of Fulham match.

• Davies

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM

This cheered me up a little:

I think there were some great moments in the game last night and some really good movements. Unfortunately, none of the three strikers that looked good in some of their combined efforts, were able to see the goal.

Owen Viduka and Martins linked well a few times, but failed to do what counts. Duff and Enrique seemed to be working well together until Wor Jose’s departure.

Read the above link. I think the gits at Eurosport have got it pretty much spot on, however insulting it may be. It does give me a little hope.

• Ericles

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Shearer’s efforts to raise this useless load of so-called footballers has been like like trying to put a condom on a turd! As for Liverpool? How will the mighty Owen do against them – or the other scousers in the team? Get your boots back on Al, and give Rob lee a call while you are at it. Is Sir Les fit enough? Until….

• RyanToon

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM

beat liverpool??

oh have we signed a midfield for that game because the last 30 odd games i havent seen one

i say 3-0 liverpool if we’re lucky

• Toon Graeme

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Just continuing of from Davies link.

“Too good to go down” – well lets examine how that applies to us.

Stadium £52K seater (or there abouts)
    Near full attendeces at every match (give or take a few K)
    International capped players
    31 points on the board
    Cant score
    In relegation zone

As harsh as it reads – we are where we are for a reason and that reason is we cant score / win games. Thus we are not ‘good’ and therefore are in the position to go down and justified.

+ after last nights performance – its hard to argue.

• Toon Graeme

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Ryantoon – afternoon mate. Would like to say the circumstances behind todays blog topics are not the best.

Be it Premiership or Championship – my love for the club will never die – my faith the current squad is on the verge of boarding the last train out of dodge.

Did anyone enjoy watching all the paper areoplanes making there way down to the pitch?

Please someone provide some good news??!!

• bowburnmag

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I believe in the lads.
    I also believe in Father Christmas and pixies.
    Perhaps we’ll see some pixies in their natural environment when we pay a visit to Plymouth.

• Jamesthefirst

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:26 PM

The best thing about relegation is that we’d finally get rid of the “has beens”

Butt
    Barton
    Viduka
    Owen
    Smith
    Duff
    Cacapa
    Geremi

Players that have no legs and cannot run. It’s why we continually get overun in games.

If we do stay up I’m worried that these lot will be rewarded with “extenstions” to their deals.

We need A MASSIVE CLEAR OUT and only relegation will do that, as sad as that is for all of us.

• bowburnmag

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM

TG – we are poor. Hull and Boro are possibly worse. That’s probably as good as it gets? Even then we can still fcuk it up by not picking up enough points.

The other good news is that if we go down, then relatively speaking everything should be a bit cheaper so it’ll help in the current econonmic plight?

Woo hoo. Where’s me party bag?

• toon-4life

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM

i just wanna say i believe were going down ive fort it since bout late oct – early november, the reason being if u look at our spending overall on players i think we spend like the second or third least, hull city spent more then us 4 christ sake n we were in the quarter finals of uefa cup a few years bk. now look at us, we’ve got nothin but dead wood in an already thread bare squad and its down to ashley hes had 4 windows to rectify the problem but hes bin to busy in his ivory tower. lets face we play shit football and the people running da club aint got a clue, i mean trying to sign owen with another 3 year contract, can any1 tell me how his last 10 or 12 apps justify 125,000 a week. its just ludacrus

• bowburnmag

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM

See what they’ve done to me? No blogging for weeks and then some random inane ramblings and I can’t even spell economic properly, the black and white fcukers. I hate them.
    Nah, I love them. Actually I hate them, nah man, I love them.
    The fcukers.

• mozza

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM

we could have played for an extra 90 mins and still not scored last neet, nothing good comes from being relegated and it aint easy to bounce back from that league,still what do we expect with the way we have been ran this season,reality beckons

• sahota

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM

It was real shock yesterday to see us missing 2-3 golden opportunities to score.

Relegation appear reality now. Whatever happens I have faith in my club and will always be cheering for our club be it championship or premiership.

Just in reply to lot of people here who think relegation will be good. Lads you can not say that with 100% surety. Don’t be in disillusion that it will be good and we will be back in year or two to premiership. It might take longer. And it will be suicidal for club like ours if we remain for 3-4 years in championship.

I can see there was improvement in performance yesterday other than not scoring a goal. Considering that we played well (or you can say NOT BAD) yesterday, I have some hopes from Boro and Fulham game for 2 reasons.

1. Boro will try to win the game and won’t play like Portsmouth to just park the bus in front of goal. They themselves will be desperate for a win.

2. Fulham won’t park bus in front of goal either as they won’t be that desperate for a draw.

Having said above, we might lose boro game if we don’t play well. But that game won’t be draw for certain. So I still have a hope from those 2 games if we improve little bit further than our display yesterday.

I know its difficult for everyone to pick themselves up after this shock but Howay The Lads ! Cheer up. We need to be pick ourselves up again and cheer for our team in next match. Whatever results are just get behind team.
    Who knows we might win next 2 games. We can just hope for best and move on.

• Jamesthefirst

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM

One thing I would like to say about last is an apology to BUTT and SMITH.

I like most people on here have been very critical of them, and yes they don’t have much quality. But last night they both showed it MATTERED to them that we are in this situation. They were fighting for every ball deep into stoppage time.

If we had 11 players with that fighting attitude we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Most of the others looked like they couldn’t care because if we go down then they’ll be off to a new club on big wages.

In times like these you see which players will walk over hot coals for the team, and Butt and Smith showed that last night….and I’d like to thank them for their efforts.

• sahota

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM

@Jamesthefirst You are spot on. Smith deserves praise. He gave his 200%

Cheer up lads. Hope for best who knows we might be safe. Don’t bash me for being little bit positive but can we do anything other than just being positive.

• lesh

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Here’s an article from yesterday’s Torygraph (yes, I’ve washed me hands after reading it – make sure you do too) and it makes for pretty sorry reading.

I listened to most of last night’s game on radio and I got the impression that we had a bunch of individuals out there – not a team.

Why, with Lovenkrands available, did we opt for a three man midfiled that clearly w/could not get out wide. Pompey played a five man middle and they just stilfled any inventiveness that we may have had.

Why do these guys just want to get rid of the ball as soon as they get it?

Why do we persist with MO when he’s not really with us?

Oba needs to take the spoon out of his shooting boots and remember he’s not playing rugby.

Bassong, Butt and Smiff, seem to have worked well…. where were the rest of the team?

Expensive misfits? Probably, and sorry for repeating the record, but MO must ask himself who has had responsibilty for player recruitment and sales. A monumental disaster which will cost the club dear.

A crying shame, an expensive one at that.

Thanks Mr O, you’ve really made an impression inthe area!

• toonoholic

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM

jamesthefirst, if we had the strikers fighting with their attitude, we wld have won 3-0 easy

• Isaac Hunt

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Davies@17: Newcastle employed an entire squadron of big-name strikers last night and the trio, in turn, showed that none of them can locate a bovine posterior with any sort of musical instrument 🙁 but 🙂

• Toon Graeme

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM

One thing that will cheer me up will be Barcelona anialating Chelsea tonight!!!

• Macas35

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:15 PM

As for the paper aeroplanes flying toward the pitch, I certainly didn’t enjoy them. One of the most important games we have faced in a long long time and all people are concerned about is making sodding paper planes, i mean what the fcuk???? Although I guess that’s what years of rubbish has done to people. Speaking of rubbish, although Coloccini didn’t have a bad game overall, his defending before nearly giving away a penalty was purely comical. He literally ran away from Crouch into a more central position in the hope of playing him offside, only to realise seconds later it hadn’t worked! Cue the wild tackle that many refs would have given a penalty for. Hilarious defending. Although it was probably Steven Taylor’s fault.

• safferman

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Reasons we could actually beat Liverpool:
    *Middlesborough beat them!
    *Their defence has been letting in some goals lately
    *Viduka once scored 4 against them!
    *Barton is going to make a drastic improvement to our midfield
    *My best mate is a pool fan and i hate them!

I would give almost anything for this win, keep us up and eff up their prem title chances!
    PLEEAAAASE

• lesh

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Sad to say my sleep-based dreams of a six- nowt win didn’t come true…….

Ne’er mind, had another last night…… Liverpool 0, Toon 6!

Think I prefer the dreams!

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

now i have cooled down abit i will comment, last night wasnt to bad, i thought that butt was auwesome, smith played quite well, so against l’pool i would put them both holding with barton a license to attack, viduka looked very good, martins was ok, colo had a good game, duff had a quite orite game, bassong read everthing superbly, beye was good. guthrie’s deliverys were class

now all of them could be taken as positves, now the negatives, mo is awfull, proper poo, has lost it, carroll looked awful when on, the only reason we didnt win was because pompy came with a purpose to defend and draw, they are a disgrace but no more than we were.

if we go to the champonship maybe it will be good, as we will not be the struggling mess, with the likes of owen financially raping us

• RyanToon

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM

bit off topic

i see hendry got a 147 at the crucible. great player

• Toon Graeme

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Ryan – on your similar topic – I wonder what snooker would look like in HD?