Shearer Insists On Discipline – Barton To Leave Newcastle

Alan Shearer will be the only boss at Newcastle United, and it looks like Joey Barton has played his last game for the Tyneside club.

alan-shearer-3425

Alan Shearer – strong discipline to make Newcastle more professional

Behind closed doors the club realize they may need to take a loss on the £5.8M Sam Allardyce paid for Barton, but it’s clear after his open argument with his manager after Sunday’s game, when he was obviously at fault for being sent off for a wild tackle against Liverpool, he will be shipped out by Shearer this summer.

Shearer will not take any nonsense from his players, especially from Joey Barton. It is expected that Alan will take full control of management duties at the end of the season, whichever league we end up in.

It is also being reported that Alan is not too happy the news of the confrontation was leaked to the press, and there are reports the club is conducting an internal probe to see if they can pinpoint who leaked the news.

This is all an attempt by Alan to bring the soap opera, which has been Newcastle United over the last few seasons, to an end. Unfortunately, it may be that the team will drop down into the Championship, before coming back. We hope not, but that may happen, as we all know.

A  senior source at St James’ Park, who is in all likelihood is Managing Director Derek Llambias, talked to the Daily Telegraph about Barton tonight:

“There are a number of clubs interested in him. He has played his last game for the club.”

“Alan Shearer has the board’s full backing in this matter. Joey’s behaviour was disgraceful and utterly unacceptable. He has run out of chances at this football club.”

Former Newcastle striker Malcolm Macdonald also talked about Joey Barton, who has been nothing but trouble on Tyneside:

“The guy has continually bought Newcastle United into disrepute,”  “In the short time he has been at Newcastle, he has either been injured, in prison or in trouble. Heaven help whatever club he does join.”

Let’s face it, a number of them are spoiled brats, if the truth be told.

A Newcastle United insider said:

“Alan may have been cracking the whip but it’s long overdue. He’s brought back discipline and professionalism that were watchwords for him in his playing days.”

“He has laid down the law but the players have welcomed his approach and as far as they’re concerned it’s created a more enjoyable working environment.”

“You can’t have the lunatics taking over the asylum. You can’t have people taking the —- out of the club and Alan’s determined that won’t be allowed to happen.”

“And with all the job losses around this part of the world, there won’t be too much sympathy for players getting fined for being late for work.”

Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association, added:

“The prisons are full of people and you wonder whether they will ever learn. Joey has worked really hard with the Sporting Chance clinic and now this has happened. It’s one more time.”

“Of course people will run out of patience but you have to hope he’ll get there eventually as soon his career will be over anyway. I have a great deal of respect for Alan, he wanted to make a point.”

Although Shearer’s fledgling managerial career has been criticized by Barton, one of our senior and most respected players, Habib Beye, this morning gave the new boss his full suppport:

“I am happy with what he has done so far,” “He has passion and he knows the club better than anyone. I think, for everyone, it would be a good boost if he stays.”

Newcastle will hardly miss Joey Barton and the trouble he brings, and other players should shape up or be shipped out this summer.

• IrishMan

May 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Good. At last strong leadership. Well done.

• Isaac Hunt

May 5, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Barton is no longer in the north east. He left yesterday morning. End of ….

• vic

May 5, 2009 at 10:35 PM

FULL SUPPORT TO ALAN SHEARER………

• AndyNUFC

May 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Isaac you were kicking it round here when transfer window was open, so don’t rumour us all up again. I’m glad Barton is leaving.

• DJG

May 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Good ridence to old rubbish…

• Bill F

May 5, 2009 at 10:57 PM

He was happy enough to play him, and now he has committed a bad foul (I havn’t actually seen it, so can’t comment on it) he is going to be out the door, bit of hypocrasy there or what. Plenty of players are responsible for bad tackles and do not get shown the door. What would be the scenario if he had been our match winner. Sorry Joey but you have been such a bastard prior to this we are going to let you go. I’m all for AS showing he is in charge but if he is going to can every player who commits a (bad) foul we could end up a bit short in numbers.

• AndyNUFC

May 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Bill have you even read reports? He showed a complete lack of respect towards the manager, and the club for committing such a ridiculous challenge.

• Big Dave

May 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Bill F i dont think the red card was a major factor in it I think it was the responce to be pulled about it. I have to admit that I have allways liked him and thought he deserved the chance I even said he would make a good captain for our club. but not no more you can only give so many chances.

• IrishMan

May 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Sorry Bill F, it was a stupid potentially career-destroying tackle at the corner flag. Yes his past is a certain factor in the decision, but how many chances do you give him? Oh and no match winner, or close to it.

• Toon_Factor

May 5, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Ahhhh normal people

Anyway Barton deserves all he gets!

• Obafan

May 5, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I hope this is so true; that we never have to see that fool in black ‘n white again. What a stupid idiot.

I hope no club will buy him, cause he does not deserve another chance.

Bye Bye Creep!

• Bill F

May 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I’m no psychiatrist but I can imagine the scenario. Barton is really piss*d with himself for getting sent off and letting the side down, then suddenly has AS in his face in front of the other players and there is a testosterone fuelled bust up. Might have been a bit more sensible and to wait till the next day then have in the office in private. Smith or Butt could just as easily have been red carded would they be getting sacked for talking back. Plenty of players and managers have bust-ups, the good managers sort it out and get the player back on their side. The others end up getting sacked, it’s happened many times. I am not trying to exonerate Barton, I have never been a fan of his but AS has to be a man manager and not just a tough guy, the two are not seperate skills.

• NicoGF

May 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Agree with you at some point Bill. He’s playing the tough boy here 😉 And he hasn’t the guts to drop Butt and play ‘Nacho’.

• The Kaiser

May 5, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I was one of those people who last time Barton was in trouble (ie got out the nick) I said give the lad a last chance, because he knows it was his last chance thinking a spell of bird would sort him out. Well i’ll put my hands I was completely wrong he is the massive f*****g idiot he always has been, and seems always will be.
    Cut the chord recoup as much as we can get and get shot of the knacker!!

• NicoGF

May 5, 2009 at 11:41 PM

ed bring on nacho news!

• Whumpie

May 6, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Here’s something everyone should consider – especially those who defend Barton but lay into Owen: Barton has cost us just under HALF A MILLION A GAME.

And for that – 2 goals, no outstanding performances, and several cases of bringing the club into disrepute.

Big Al knew that he had to be given one more chance, because that was what KK negotiated for him (against all sense, I think). It took 80 minutes for the thug to show he can’t change, and good on Shearer for taking the only appropriate action. Ship that git out, and sue him for our money.

• JP...from The Rock

May 6, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I also stuck by Barton when he was sent to jail. Although I do think AS is doing the right thing. I also slightly agree with BILL F that AS should have waited a while and done that sort of thing in the office. But I hope AS has used this opportunity to turn this into a positive and demonstrate to all players who witnessed the event unfold that this is the start of a new era. The winning era under Shearer with professionalism and respect. Next time lets just hope he does it in the office it’s just that Joey has hurt Newcastle one too many times he was never going to come back after that one. Good riddance to that asshole we don’t need any more fu** ups!
    I believe AS knows what he’s doing and I have been impressed with his off-field tactics. This will eradicate the club from lazy gold digging underachieving players. Let’s just hope AS doesn’t turn out to be another Souness. Personally I think AS might even be a better manager than he was a player, though that’s saying something. If we do go down I believe with the great young crop of talent coming through the ranks and our remaining ‘loyal’ players we could rise straight up to the EPL and be stronger than ever.

Here’s to hoping for better days 🙂

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Whumpie // May 6, 2009 at 12:00 AM

“Come on, Bill – have Butt or Smith done time for violence? Have they got a list of violence and crime?”

Smith should do time for some of his tackles Whumpie! Take away the baggage and he is actually is bigger liability than Barton on the pitch, he’s officially one of the dirtiest players in the history of the PL. Off the pitch however is a totally different matter, obviously.

• JP...from The Rock

May 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Yeah man Smiths tackles are atrocious. He reminds me of Titus Bramble when he goes in for a tackle. It’s always too hard and asking for a booking and a dangerous set piece to defend. A liability indeed.

• DJG

May 6, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I am now resigned to accepting the fact that we are a club that has not in 40 years won anything and probably in 50 years or so of my life time (im 21) achieve anything. The fact is that we only get the players that the top 4 don’t want. Take Barton as a prime example. Apart from a few promising years with Keegan were we nearly and should have won something we have been rubbish. For whatever reson we slipped back into our old ways and now we are well and trully stuck like this. When I watched Ronaldos free kick today I realised that they are a million miles from us. We don’t deserve to stay in this leauge and thats a sad fact.

It doesn’t matter that we have all these supporters, that doesn’t give us an automatic ‘right’ to success. My dad said (and I think he is probably right) that if we were a city of two clubs like Liverpool, then we wouldn’t have 50,000 people in one ground and it wouldn’t be so emmbarrasing that we are so s###.

• DJG

May 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I might start supporting Gateshead. Technically they are my home club and I think they are the only team in the North East that are actually doing well for themselves. lol

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 12:40 AM

JP…from The Rock // May 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I just looked it up JP. Smith’s the second worst fouler ever in the Premier League, just behind the Bolton Butcher, Kevin Davies.

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM

He hasn’t even played that much!

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 12:44 AM

DJG // May 6, 2009 at 12:35 AM

“What cups are there in the Championship, obviously the FA cup, but is there a leauge cup aswell?”

Yes DJG, it’s the prettiest trophy too. It used to be the big one (THE League title) until the PL was introduced.

• JP...from The Rock

May 6, 2009 at 12:46 AM

DJG- Sadly i feel exactly the same. Though I try and remain positive and I will stick with my gut feeling that AS is our very long term manager and the best candidate for the job. This way we will finally have stability and form a great and exciting team whether it’s in the fizzy league or in the EPL we will be a really good team again. I just hope and pray we stay in this league and survive because it could take ages till we get back up. But IF we do go down the other teams had better get out of our way 🙂

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Keegan’s won it with us and Fulham DJG.

• DJG

May 6, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Ha Gateshead Football Club are playing against AFC Telford on Friday night at the international stadium in the Blue Square north play off final for promotion to the Conference National.

I think I will start supporting them instead and mabye find out what winning feels like!

• JP...from The Rock

May 6, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Smith is just another of the many ‘has beens’ we have at our club. I would get rid of…Smith, Cacapa, Butt, Ameobi, Viduka, and perhaps Coloccini and Owen. (I get the feeling I am leaving someone out)

Owen really is worrying for us. The guy is starting to prove to me that he is just an average 4M rated player these days. Even 4M seems to be too much. He’s always injured, hardly scores anymore and has lost all his pace. I’d rather have a front three of Martins, Lovernkrands and Carroll. Then again our midfield hasn’t helped in providing any proper service. Coloccini is another sad chapter in our disastrous season. It is his first season but he has looked way below amateur to say the least, especially next to a younger wonder named Bassong.

• Brazilian Geordie

May 6, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Martins has to be criticized just as everyone is (rightly) doing with some other players as Viduka, Smith, whoever…

His attitude on the Liverpool game was deplorable, just as his penalty in March against Arsenal. Ridiculous performance. He showed absolutely no effort to easy things and seemed to be giving a f***k to his teammates.

Therefore if this problem is about the interests on him and he’s just trying to leave the club or has lost his focus on our survival target, then Martins, stop playing for us right now! Because at least some spirit and guts we must show in these final 3 games.

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 1:12 AM

“Shearer has introduced stricter discipline at the club than has existed of late, which includes fines for being late for training or to team meetings, and apparently one player, we don’t know who, has criticized the rules, but he better watch out, because for the wages these players get, they should at least be on time for appointments.

Let’s face it, a number of them are spoiled brats, if the truth be told.

One senior player had said that it was only the very worst offenders who were complaining. Our advice to them would be shape up or be shipped out, it’s as simple as that.”

Let’s face it Ed, this is just more specious tittle-tattle from a supposed “inside source” (ie almost certainly made up) to wind up the more gullible Geordies. Lets not give it any more credibility than it deserves, or start some kind of ‘witch hunt’ against the players. You’re supposed to be a Newcastle United supporter, not a troublemaking gutter journalist.

• Warwick Hunt

May 6, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Why should Shearer have waited and had a quiet word with ‘toss pot’ in his office?
    He gave his opinion in the dressing room after the game, as all managers do. If he had to have a quiet word with every player who played a bad game, there would be no time for training FFS.
    It is a managers right to be able to tell players they have made a total pigs ear in front of the rest of the ‘TEAM’, this doesn’t bring division it brings coercion. The ‘TEAM’ might think somethings the Manager has said to be a bit harsh but they stand together as a team and perform next time. This is something we haven’t had for a long time at NUFC.
    LONG LIVE THE KING.

• Warwick Hunt

May 6, 2009 at 1:20 AM

p.s. I hope Shearer chinned the cnut.

• Brazilian Geordie

May 6, 2009 at 1:21 AM

I’m still trying to post my recent views about effortless Oba Martins. But I finally believe this blog doesn’t like me very much…

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 1:24 AM

What’s happening with your comments Brazilian?

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 1:25 AM

This ‘blog doesn’t like anyone very much. We get in the way of the adverts!

• Warwick Hunt

May 6, 2009 at 1:28 AM

@JP
    I posted on here very early about BASSONG when I first seen him play for us, he was class then and has proved to be class still. Can’t remeber which game it was but he looked very, very good then.
    If we can keep him, he will be one of the best CD in the Premier league.

• Brazilian Geordie

May 6, 2009 at 1:30 AM

No, don’t get me wrong, it’s not related to Mr. Ed, the users or anyone else…

It’s about this ******* bad server that simply doesn’t publish my posts when I get to long to write it. And then, once it happens, it’s almost impossible to post again in the same thread. You’ll just be able to it if you write your post really fast.

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Does the site keep going offline for short periods Brazilian? It’s just done that with me, and it does it all the time.

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 1:42 AM

seems to anyway.

• workyticket

May 6, 2009 at 1:43 AM

cut and paste it if it’s big Brazilian.