Newcastle Players Owe Fans Another Top-Class Performance

We need the Newcastle players and the fabulous Newcastle fans to get ready for a repeat of Monday night’s game at Newcastle tomorrow, where we need another win against Fulham, if we are to survive in the Premier league this season.

alan-shearer-_1400973c

Alan Shearer – we mean business tomorrow against Fulham

But nobody has to tell Newcastle manager Alan Shearer what to do, as he is ready to go all out for the win, and send a message to other relegation teams.

We will go all out for a good win, and after all, it’s the very least the players owe their terrific fans after putting on the worst season at Newcastle for many a year.

This one should be for the fans, and we expect Newcastle players who gets the privilege of playing tomorrow, to bust a gut for the team – maybe even two.

Newcastle’s new mercurial manager Alan Shearer said today:

“We can say we mean business with a victory on Saturday.” “We’re out of the bottom three and we want to tell people that we don’t want to be there again.”

“It’s now in our hands and that’s the way we want it to stay.” “But I have always believed that we would get out of trouble.”

“Now we have a chance to stay up by winning on Saturday and I firmly believe we will do that.”

Alan has instilled pride and passion into his Newcastle players, with the help of Iain Dowie of course, and it was evident for all to see on Monday night. Indeed Newcastle did themselves a world of good on Monday night with a terrific performance, and the Newcastle fans gave their own fantastic display as this game was beamed live around the world, and will no doubt have gained many new fans for the Magpies, with their top performance – when it really mattered.

It has taken a few games to achieve, but to prove it was not just a flash in the pan or a fluke on Monday night, we need another terrific and passionate display from the lads tomorrow. Nothing less will be good enough.

We can do no more than win the game, hopefully by a decent score, and then we can all look for the Hull City result at Bolton, and if they lose we can take off into orbit – but remember to take your Newcastle Brown Ale with you. 😀

Howay The Lads!!

• Toon Graeme

May 15, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Ed – Newcastle brown ale? Its like drinking the tyne – Im much more a suited to trebles of Bacardi and coke!!

Ive got a bottle in the cupboard – ice in the freezer and coke in the fridge!

HOWAY THE LADS!!

• DanToon

May 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM

It’s in our hands, that’s what worries me ha-ha! I’ll be at the game tomorrow, taking the bird to her first game. Let’s make some f**kin’ noise and scare them Fulham puff into submission! TOON, TOON…

• Ed Harrison

May 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Toon Graeme – Newcastle Brown Ale is the favorite beer over here with students in the Triangle – we have 3 big Universities here UNC, NC State and Duke, and Newcastle Brown Ale is tops.
    Of course they have no idea it actually comes from Newcastle – the same city with the famous football (soccer) side, and of course my home town – it’s a good talking point when we visit restaurants.

• Toon Graeme

May 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Ed – no worries mate. You partial to a bottle of ‘dog’ every now and then?

• komfort

May 15, 2009 at 1:07 PM

tg , couple of broon down your gregory before the game will do you the world of good matey…give it a gan..

funny that one before aboot phyllis like..

• cicero

May 15, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Right on Ed. I lived in Atlanta GA 13 years ago and “Dog” was the number 1 imported beer in the US at the time, although you could only get it on draft. One of my friends wife loved it and I took her a black & white shirt with the broon badge on the front which she wore with pride whenever she went to a ‘soccer’ game. (anyway Toon-Graeme what’s wrong with Tyne water I love the taste of it)

• 51times

May 15, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Anyone else read Jeff Winter’s pathetically bitter words on monday’s game? It was wonderful, I can’t wait until they’re officially down.

• Toon Graeme

May 15, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Nowt wrong with the broon ale – if you like it that is.

When I was young and naieve I asked a regulare at a bar I worked at why a bottle of brown ale was called a bottle of dog – he (being drunk) said in a lsurry yet humourous voice ” its because if you drink enough it makes you hhoooooowwwlllll” – I still look back at that and chuckle – at the time (18 – no 30) i couldnt stop laughing. 🙂

• will die for the toon army

May 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Guys we really deserve better and i have confidence in my team as usual and i know we will beat Fulham;
    ……………………….Harper
    Beye……….S.Taylor……….Bassong………..Duff
    Guthrie……..Butt………Nolan………….Lovenkrands
    ………………Owen………….Viduka
    Subs:
    Krul, Edgar, Coloccini, Jonas,Lualua, Martins, Carroll,

I know u will ask why Jonas isnt on the team but he was shocking on Monday and martins isnt 100% fit he is beta for the last 20 minutes than him starting and doing nothing.

• Toon Graeme

May 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM

my spelling is crap!

• aussie_toon

May 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM

do you know if they import Newcastle Brown Ale to Angola? I live here and I want to celebrate in style when the toon win agasint fulham!! in australia (where I come from) I dont think they have it either :/

TOON REPRESENT IN ANGOLA

• Toon Graeme

May 15, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Sad thing is – the ald newcie brown aint even brewed in the toon anymore. Im sure its done down the fed by the metro – since Newcastle breweries is now a smoothed over gravel pit!

51 times – yes I read it and hes a tool.

• 51times

May 15, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Angola? What are you doing out there?

• Toon Graeme

May 15, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Fulham nearly a sell out!!!!!!!

• BT9MAG

May 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Yeah I worked in a summer camp in New York two years ago – had no idea about their love for Brown Ale…Was walking through Manhatten and saw a huge (10 story high) advertisement for it – was a bit surreal to be honest!

• aussie_toon

May 15, 2009 at 2:26 PM

51 Times,

I live there man! oil company business hehe

• Tom_Toon