We were very upset that Newcastle on Saturday, when they had a massive chance to deliver the goods for the Newcastle fans, let us down – once again.
Alan Shearer – we hope he stays on if we are relegated
And yesterday was not a good day for us, and not a good day for Newcastle fans in general and some of our complaints and criticism probably was over the top.
But we felt better afterwards, and the Newcastle players can take it – if they got depressed about what was written they could always go and peruse their bank statements. 😀
We had though about having a blank page for this article but though we’d be too smart for our own good if we did that, so we will list some of the things the club needs to do if we are relegated.
We’re sure Llambias and Ashley have a Plan B but whether they are taking any of Alan’s time with it is debatable – he really doesn’t need or want to know – and will be concentrating this week on Sunday’s game.
By the way for those who can get to Newcastle United TV, you must watch Alan’s interview after the Fulham defeat – what a class act this man is.
Here are some of the things that need to be done in the unfortunate even of relegation:
- Appoint Alan Shearer as full time manager – and let Alan run the club. A joint statement from Mike and Alan, who we are told get on famously should be issued.
- Ashley and LLambias will need to sort out the financial side of things and reduce the back-room staff to save money, as well as unloading some of our more highly paid players – we’ll not necessarily say they are our best players.
- Announce which players will need to leave the club, because we cannot afford them. We expect those to be Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Gutierrez, Coloccini, Cacapa, Xisco and Barton.
Don’t be surprised if Alan tries to get Viduka to stay for one more season at a reduced wage. He’s been fantastic for us under Shearer.
- Shearer needs to finally identify those players we need in the Championship who can get us straight back up. Iain Dowie will be a huge help after getting Crystal Palace promoted a few years ago.
- During the summer build up the squad of good players, who may have to be younger since we’ll be in the Championship, but we can also start using some of our fabulous youngsters next year like Carroll, Ranger, Tozer, Kadar, Krul, LuaLua, Vuckic and others.
Fast forward to late September, and we are top of the Championship, having won 7 games and lost just one to WBA of all clubs, and would you believe the side got 47,000 at their last ho,me game, when they thrashed QPR 4-0 at St. James’ Park.
If all that happens we can soon forget about relegation and look forward to Alan Shearer leading us eventually back into Europe.
As we said this is the positive side of relegation – there will not b an article on the negative side.
Why? Because we’re not that stupid.