Shearer Looks To Kevin Nolan For Super Game Sunday

Alan Shearer, not for the first time, has come out and praised the attitutude of former Bolton battler, Kevin Nolan.

Kevin Nolan – great against Middlesbrough – even better against Villa?
Shearer told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I left Kevin out, and he was disappointed, and rightly so.”  “I think it says a lot about him and his character, and the measure of the man, that he could have gone away and sulked and had the huff, but he didn’t.”

“He went away, knuckled down and got his head down, and proved he wanted to play a big part in Newcastle United’s survival.”  “He certainly played his part against Middlesbrough. I thought he was magnificent.”

“I’ll be looking for him to do exactly the same against Villa.”

We had no doubts about Kevin, when we signed him in January, and he’s the type of player who can have a huge game for us Sunday, which we’ll need if we are to survive this season. He’s an emotional player, and those have fared best since Alan Shearer arrived, and it looks like Alan has huge motivational abilities.

Other player like Kevin who have played well under Shearer are local lad, Steven Taylor, and Oba Martins – two players who always give 100%.

The Evening Chronicle still believes Shearer will stay on long term at the club, even if we get relegated on Sunday, which now looks more than likely.

And they point to the fact that two of our youngsters, local lad Mark Doninger and James Marwood, have been told that their contracts would not be renewed.

But we don’t really think that’s a sign of Shearer staying at all, since that decision would be made by Richard Money – the Academy manager, or certainly he would have a huge say in it.  But we think the Evening Chronicle is hoping, like the rest of us, that Alan will stay in charge – no matter what.

If we go down, we expect the club to announce what’s going on next Monday, which is Memorial Day over here, and then we can all see what the plan is to make Newcastle great again.

If Alan is appointed long term, that’s the first and most important piece of news we could hear.

• Danish_Magpie

May 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM

He was quality against Boro.

Team for Villa:

R. Taylor……Edgar…..S. Taylor….Duff

Subs: Krul, Coloccini, Løvenkrands, Owen, LuaLua, Xisco, Ranger, Nacho (:-) there you go NicoGF)

Bring on Owen after 65 mins or so, and let him go get a goal to earn a contract with Villa or someone else..

Løvenkrands on after 70 mins for Jonas or Guthrie if we need to gamble..

• Foluwashola Ameobi

May 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM

• Foluwashola Ameobi

May 21, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Hooray! My comments had to be moderated after i changed my name. But all is well. They work again. 😀

• stevep

May 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Dowie has already told the press Ameobis available for the Villa game so he’s very likely to start on subs bench at least.
    I wouldn’t play R.Taylor as frankly he’s useless, I can guarantee that the back four will be (presuming Beye/Enrique not fit)

Edgar Taylor Collocini Duff

Midfield looks about right with Loven coming on for Guthrie or Jonas 2nd half if we need a goal
    Owen will start with Martins coming on for him 2nd half if we need a goal / Owen having bad game

Doubt we’ll win or draw with this side tho but will be there as usual praying ( and I’m an aethiest!!! ) – just shows what toon can do to a man!

• nodrog

May 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Unfortunately I feel that Harper is not the quality keeper he used to be. I would rather Krul was between the posts but it might be a little unfaif to place him there for this game. I would certainly want him as number one next year.

• Johno Toon

May 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM

i agree nodrog he looked very against boro to me , shame casue he really deserved his chance

• catchy in norway

May 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

i can see the healines now,,, amabooby, scores 2 late goals to keep us up, hull win by playing some strange kid team from mancfester..

scumdeland go down 1 nil,,,

• Foluwashola Ameobi

May 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

New keeper needed in the summer IMO. Harper doesnt command his area which is a must for a goalkeeper as far as im concerned. Whether we play Krul instead or sign a new one i dont mind.

• Micky Toon

May 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Shearer Looks To Kevin Nolan For Super Game Sunday – WE’RE DOOMED! DOOMED I TELLS YA!

• Foluwashola Ameobi

May 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Certainly doesnt fill me with confidence Micky. If Barton wasnt suspended i would drop him.

• NicoGF

May 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Okey.. this is like if I see a 5 year old kid on the street and I go and beat the shit out of him. Then my trainer says: I’m hoping Nico does the same against Fedor Emelianenko! (I really doubt it!).

Nolan is a bad player if you compare him to Aston Villa, you have seen that all over the season, so is Butt. But I would remove Nolan for Nacho. Butt/Nolan is a badass duo FFS. You will come here and complain when it’s all over I know.. as you always do, but for now.. OKEY THINK NOLAN IS A HERO, OKEY, LEGEND!