Young Gun Tamas Kadar Aiming For First team Place

We’ve already talked today about two young guns who hope to break into the first team next season, 16 year-old Slovenian Haris Vuckic, and 18 year-old English U19 star Nile Ranger.

tamas-kadar-3

Tamas Kadar – wants first team spot next season

And a third player, now almost recovered from his terrible leg break he suffered against Sunderland Reserves early this year is 6’2″ Hungarian center-back Tamas Kadar.

But the youngster is well aware the Newcastle United club that Kadar left behind is not the one he will be returning to on July 1, and he will now have even more opportunity to break into the first team, before next season starts.

Tamas has already been included in the full Hungarian squad last summer, and this lad is another budding star, and was almost ready to be called up for his first team debut, before he was injured, having been a sub a few times under Joe Kinenar.

The Hungarian-Under 21 star told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I am very sad because of the relegation.” “It’s shocked me and I think everybody in the city.”

“I’m sure that Newcastle should go back in the next season to the Premier League.” “We need the Premier League and they need us.”

“I believe that I can play some part in the promotion fight next season.” “Yes it’s a shocking surprise for everybody and really sad.”

“I watched the game live on television in Newcastle with my mother and I was very disappointed.”

“My mother had got a new Newcastle shirt and this was to help the team but it didn’t pay off.”

But the Veszprém-born teenager, has now been given the go ahead to start training and you can bet your life this lad wiull start right now and put in a month of work, even before he has to report back on July 1st.

On a personal note Tamas talked about last season:

“This season was terrible for me because of my serious injury.” “I made a really strong start to my fitness programme during the last few months and now I’m OK.”

“The good news is that I trained together with the reserves last week and didn’t feel anything bad, so my leg is OK.” “And I’m stronger than ever.”

“My only one target is to go back to the Premier League with Newcastle next season.”

It’s going to be a new era on Tyneside, starting very soon – that’s for sure.

• ObaFan2

May 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM

” Don’t these lads seem like a breath of fresh air”

Can only agree and hope they play a big part in our promotion race next season.

Kadar, LuaLua, Ranger, Vuckic with S Taylor, Bassong (hopefully) …. and……..

Seems good to me and we can forget about the likes of Owen (who?) etc.

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Ed….

“Don’t these lads seem like a breath of fresh air, after seeing our over-rated and under-performing “stars” take the club down last season?

How is it that all of our first team players failed to produce the goods under Shearer, Houghton and – to a lesser extent JK? The players were rubbish because of the management and regime incoherence. It doesn’t matter if all the kids had played in the last 8 games.. the same thing would have happened with our coaching and (lack of) tactical systems.

To fix the fruit you must fix the tree… it is tragic that people think the answer is to bang the stupid drum even louder… 6 out of 8 games under shearer and we didn’t even score!! You think taking a punt on a few hungry hungry kids who look half decent in the reserves is going to fix our problems?

When Ashley regains the nerve to stand up to the natives we will be in a position to move forwards – but we will have to wait for Shearer to fail first.

Darren Ferguson, Coppel, Curbishley, Venables, Roeder/Clark would all be above him in the list for me… as they have some sodding experience of football management, not just ex-players we associate with happier times.

• rites

May 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM

by all that is been said and you are talking about wanting money for transfers why do you need money for transfers ( I think someone mentioned 80 million in another story:o) when you have these amazing new youngsters coming through the ranks?

how much money do you think you need to get back up? and also what can yous do if the players decide they want to stay?:S cos no one will pay such high wages:S ?

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Shearer coming in, us getting relegated and Shearer staying to the applause of half-wit local drum beaters, was my worst case scenario..

welcome to nufc….

Roeder and KK both came in during emergency situations.. KK got us passing, scoring and staved off relegation with 4 games to go… Roder got us into UEFA spots… Shearer saw us win 1 in 8, score in only 2 games and fail to lift a side of international class players …

why are you so desperate to see him appointed?
    Please give me one good reason.

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I’m sorry… someone needs to burst your bubble lads. This list of young players… they will not fire us up the championship.. law of averages (at a well run club.. ahem) suggests that there will be a couple who will be first teamers in the long-run…
    most of you haven’t seen them play apart from LuaLua.. yet you gambling the future of the club on some interviews and tedious boring cliches about young kids coming through and putting the established players to shame…

the morning after the night before – and yet you all still think this is Roy Roy the Rovers…

I f****g despair, I really do.

• rites

May 28, 2009 at 5:52 PM

boater // May 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

What a good point (and to answer it its cos shearer is their ‘messier’ what will everyone do if he fails to do anything then who will your ‘messier’ be?

you have already had one which was KK:S and he packed up and left

• JP...from The Rock

May 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Boater – I understand your point but then again no one else will be given the time and patience to take us forward. Only Shearer can squeeze patience out of us. By the way I think Shearer will be a great manager. He has learned from the best in Bobby Robson’s time and co. In the short time he has been here he has already impressed me with the little details that make all the difference to players attitudes e.g. players eating together, curfews, players must be punctual for training or pay a fine, player suits before matches etc.

Those sort of things were unheard of even with the great Sir Bobby Robson. Also Shearer is Newcastle through and through and will risk his health and reputation for the cause. We will be great again and it will be thanks to this great man.

• ObaFan2

May 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM

You miss the point boater, £74 million in wages got us relegated, a fresh start with realistic and reasonable wage structure is the way forward.

I’d rather watch hungry (for football) youngsters in the championship than go through another year like the last 12 months.

Shearer will get good people around him if he stays and they will help and advise him, well that is the hope anyway.

Shearer will have his own “hairdryer” style of management I believe but as he has very little hair it’ll probably have to be called something else… suggestions? lol

• rites

May 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM

JP…from The Rock // May 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM

‘By the way I think Shearer will be a great manager’

I do see your point but i just feel i need to say that one day he may be a great manager but he needs to get experience else where first the club may have been in a mess but on the last day of the season against aston villa he failed to inspire and get the team going how hard can that be knowing you need 1 goal to stay up.

but yet in the second half your team seemed to just give up and accept defeat :S anyone agree?

• Geordie-Gerrard7

May 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM

not so sure if shearer will be coming in as manager to be honest, although i hope he does, i would go for martinez, or maybe try for slaven bilic although unlikley

• Big Dave

May 28, 2009 at 6:02 PM

• toonoholic

May 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

in championship, we have all the time .

btw i thought delph was a defender, when did he become an attacking midfielder?

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

JP…from the rock. I take your point that Shearer’s greatest asset is the affection he holds with us supporters but therein lies the problem.
    We are a fan run club. Emotional knee-jerk decision making at every turn.

To say he has learned from the best in SBR is a little like people saying Shola would learn from Shearer – the player- about finishing. It doesn’t work like that – you are what you are.

Shearer MAY come good – but what evidence is there to suggest that’s anything other than a rose-tinted hopeful wish by us. The evidence so far is pretty damning… 1 win in 8.

• toonoholic

May 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM

boater, kk had a similar record in the start. after about 8 games, he started getting results.

roeder did magic(shearer and owen were both banging in goals), but next year he did not.

• ObaFan2

May 28, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Whoever the manager will be they will need to get their own squad, only then can you judge them.

The youngsters are happier when changes occur compared to the older higher paid players who can unsettle the camp.

• Charlie Toon

May 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Boater // May 28,2009 at 5:47 PM

I understand what you’re saying about Shearer, but the guy only had 8 games in charge! I’m not sure even SAF could of prevented us from relegation with our squad in such a small amount of time. What we did see from Shearer was good organisation and discipline and most of all no bullshit! He’s got a great attitude towards the game and the club! If he’s given the time and money theres no reason why he can’t be successful.

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM

BigDave.. I agree to be honest. But that’s what you call a paradox in scientific circles. He will be given time by us the fans – and fan power (being as it is in any situation, emotional and sentimental) is largely to blame for the mess that the club is in today.

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Toonholic… again, true. But KK and Roeder were both charged with tasks with which they succeeded with aplomb. Shearer’s task seemed very achievable at the time… and still does looking back. I know the rot was already there but his job was to eek at a few points from an underachieving side.. he failed to hit upon a system with his resources available… still a lousy showing.

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Charlie Toon… sorry lad, the previous post was meant in answer to you.

• JP...from The Rock

May 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Boater & Rites – I don’t blame Shearer for the lack of fight and our woeful displays in our last match that only a point would suffice. I strongly believe the players lost any hope and desire no matter who was in charge. Ever since Given left us other players started to follow suit and let their heads drop. We were always fighting a losing battle. Shearer has already given me confidence after his minor details that he will make us look and be more professional in every aspect of the club. Maybe it will take longer than one year but I strongly believe he is the best we can do with the position we’re in. Besides I have patiently antticipated Shearer’s appiontment for a long time now and I can’t wait to see him get the ball rolling. Have faith guys we need to stick together. Let’s clear the club from doubt and finger pointing and lets start the Shearer Revolution.

Ps. Keegan’s character wasn’t strong enough to deal with the mess we’re in but Shearer is a tough guy full of guts and wisdom. He will no doubt try his best which in turn will be enough to bring us back up I believe.

• Big Dave

May 28, 2009 at 6:23 PM

boater that is the nature of the beast (the Toon). but remember KK had no experience 1st time round, and I for one wouldnt mind haveing another go on that rollercoaster. untill Shearer has been given a chance wee the supporters will never fully back another manager. I have allways thought that AS should cut his teeth manageing a championship side before takeing over the Toon in the EPL, but we are know in the championship so I will back him 100% and believe he can take us back up

• davis_toons

May 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM

An emperor doesn’t needs to be too clever, but is the prime minister does!

In current state, AS is the emperor, he needs proper and smart advise on the field.

• Doocey

May 28, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Would love if Surman arrived!
    Love it! 🙂

Any other news from the World of Toon?

• Toon_Factor

May 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Love Kadar, hes one of the youth players I really want to play in the first team along with Lulua and Ranger, Vuckic isnt ready yet.

• sirjasontoon

May 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I just think a well organised west brom or boro would smash our young lads to bits along with many other teams hoping to get into the premiership.

They have no 1st team experience,they need bled in slowly or it will be a complete disaster next season trust me.

We need senior players that are hungry and strong otherwise we will be hammered into oblivion.

• nufc1818

May 28, 2009 at 7:04 PM

doocey

hitman said on the other post that when david craig was on ssn he said no one had been at the training ground today and bets are being take for shearer not to get the job

• sirjasontoon

May 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I don’t think Alan will take the job TBH,Ashley wants the power and wants a little softie yes man in charge with zero power.

• Doocey

May 28, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I think Shearer will take it for some reason or another.

Good to see Ed ain’t leaving us anyways of yet.

Anyone here got their new Toon jersey? 😛

• Hugh de Payen

May 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Boater, I’ll give you a few reasons why Shearer’s the right man for the job:

1. He cares about the club.

2. He’ll make sure he isn’t shafted by Ashley and will ensure the necessary tools are in place to rebuild the club.

3. He’ll get respect in the dressing room and, I believe, motivate the players.

4. He’ll be given time and we simply must start giving managers time to the order of multiple seasons before we judge them. That is almost more important than who’s actually appointed as manager (within reason). We must have some stability.

I will admit we have no idea yet how he will turn out as a manager.

We obviously can’t judge anything from his 8 game tenure to date, given the state of the squad he inherited and the lack of opportunity to strengthen it. I mean, it even took a man of Keegan’s motivational talents and management experience 10+ games to start getting results.

People judging Shearer on his 8 games are a big part of the problem at Newcastle actually.

If Shearer turns out to have tactical deficiencies due to inexperience, I think he’s the sort of man who would address them and deal with them (via assistant managers or whatever).

• Stuart79

May 28, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Chapionship isn’t the place for young kids I’m afraid.

Ask Southampton!

We need experience with a bit of you added in.

• workyticket

May 28, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Big Dave // May 28, 2009 at 6:02 PM

“boater here is my one good reason why Shearer should stay. He is the ONLY person that will be given the time needed to built a team. why can you name someone else that will be given time to built the team we need.”

Big Dave, that’s the whole problem with this club. We’re in a cul-de-sac of intolerance and Ashley is just pandering to it again.

• sirjasontoon

May 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I say don’t go with Shearer…Martinez for me all the way with £25m transfer Kitty.

8 Games is a long time…Normally when a manager comes in results pick up.
    Let’s get people in who have no history and past links with NUFC and start a things fresh.

• hitman

May 28, 2009 at 7:32 PM

did we the fans ask for keegan and shearer no we didnt so theres no pandering,ashley made these decisions.

• boater

May 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Workyticket… couldn’t put it better myself. The more salt water you drink, the thirstier you get. i.e. the more we falter, the more we go after some ‘caring’ figurehead who ‘understands the club’ and all that tosh. I want an effective team – I couldn’t give a rats behind if they have any toon association or not.

• Stuart79

May 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I don’t think the club can go forward until Shearer has had a go.

We need to get this out of the way and if it doesn’t work then a new manager coming in won’t have Shearer’s ghost hanging over him.

I happen to think he’ll make a good manager anyway

• shaunyboy80

May 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

What is it so hard for you people to understand, shearer can not wave a magic wand and take us from being an awful side with no creativity or fight to a well oiled, free flowing passing & scoring side. He has inherited a bag of shite and if he did blood the youngsters which I probably would have done instead of the rubbish we have and we went down he would have been blamed for not using the so called proven players. He has no managerial experience but neither did guardiola and look what he has acheived, but equally look at the squad he inherited!

Give shearer time, he has lots of things going for him, he was a striker so if he does rebuild you can bet your bottom dollar it will all be based arund scoring and getting the ball to our attackers, secondly he is respected throughout football and players will listen to him and fight for him and he is known worldwide so already a great attraction for other players (especially strikers) to come and play for and learn from.
    thirdly due to his tv work he has watched the premiership very closely for a number of seasons and when we do come back up he knows the players who can cut it and the type of players that will make this club successful!

• Doocey

May 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Martinez as manager?
    You must be joking. That lad is only getting the hang of it now, with Swansea.

Give him another 5 years and we’ll speak.

• jimiley

May 28, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Sirjastoon
    Totally agree about Shearer. He should not be the manager. He needed to get 6 points from 8 games and failed. The team played like a corpse against Villa when the players knew their massive pay deals were on the line. He has no experience and he could not motivate the team. They played worse under him. Failed to score in 6 of the last 8 games. Shearer should go and Ashley must go. Eight games is enough to draw conclusions.

• Stuart79

May 28, 2009 at 7:44 PM

jimiley // May 28, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Sirjastoon

Good job Man Utd didn’t think like that in 1986 isn’t it?

Or Sir John Hall in the early 90’s!

• Hugh de Payen

May 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM

jimiley // May 28, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Eight games is enough to draw conclusions.

================

Sorry jimiley, I have to disagree there and I would suggest that such statements are the root of the stereotypical, impatient, ‘wants immediate success’ image the press portray of our fans.

1 or 2 seasons is enough to draw conclusions, not 8 games played with one hand tied behind your back.

I *do* think Shearer will be okay, but in some ways the who is less important than the when.

If we don’t get Shearer then whoever we get must be given time and fans have to stop calling for the heads of managers who don’t deliver in 6 games or 8 games or 10 games.

Given the mess the club’s in, if Shearer keeps us from relegation next season I think he’ll have done a good job.

All this talk of bouncing straight back is a bit optimistic IMHO. I hope we can but I suspect it’ll take more than 1 season and that we could struggle to adjust next season.