We have to admit to being still dazed by the news of late last night, and we wonder when this soap opera roundabout, which is Newcastle right now, will stop?
Sebastien Bassong – we hope (and pray) this lad stays on Tyneside
In fact we are so short of any good news on Newcastle today, we’re going to make some up – here’s what we’d like to see happen this coming week:
- Alan Shearer appointed manager – even before Friday so he can get on with the job in hand- it looks like Alan and Iain will still be handed 4 year deals by the club – the sooner the better.
- Some Consortium with big money comes forward quickly, and expresses significant interest in buying the famous Newcastle United club, whose brand is still global.
In fact let’s have at least three come forward, and have them fight over the club, and Ashley decide which one to sell to – based on the amount of funds they are willing to invest, up front, in the club
- We’d also like to see a list this week – either of the players Alan will keep and the others are all up for transfer, or a list of players the club will put up for transfer, along with those whose contracts will not be renewed.
- After Shearer is appointed manager he announces that Rob Lee and John Carver will join him on the coaching staff at Newcastle, and that Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are leaving the club
- Gary Speed, feeling left out just a little, announces he would love to coach at Newcastle United at some time in the future
- Shearer announces late in the week, shortly after he has been officially appointed manager, that Sebastien Bassong has agreed to stay on at Newcastle and, after personal talks with Alan, has accepted a new lucrative five year contract with the Tyneside club. Alan says Seb can be as good a center-back as Bobby Moncur and Frank Brennan were in days gone by
Ok – feeling a lot better now.
Any more good news surrounding Newcastle you’d like to see before this time next week?
Let us know – all good news accepted, but just for today. 😀